Mice and after effects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah sorry to hear you've still got probs, the traps will help, maybe have a good look to see if you can spot anywhere they're coming in?
I know, I’m kind of at a dead end as I’ve had 4 companies out and sealed all potential entry points established so the last thing I can think of is that they are getting in from the adjoining property via the attic. Hey ho… I shall continue on until another house comes up ☺

I used to hear scurrying in my loft all the time, it never really bothered me because I couldn't see them and they couldn't get to me but last year I had some fire stop safety work done where it basically sealed the whole loft. I haven't heard anything since. It might be an idea to check if the mice are getting in from your neighbours and look into getting your loft sealed. Mice can be a problem in any house so moving might not be the answer.
Funny you should say that as I really do think at this point it’s access via my neighbours because everything else has been sealed. I had heard sealing up your attic entirely is bad tho?

Reactions: 1
I know, I’m kind of at a dead end as I’ve had 4 companies out and sealed all potential entry points established so the last thing I can think of is that they are getting in from the adjoining property via the attic. Hey ho… I shall continue on until another house comes up ☺

Funny you should say that as I really do think at this point it’s access via my neighbours because everything else has been sealed. I had heard sealing up your attic entirely is bad tho?
It was fire safety work for us so I'm sure it is ok. The fire stop wall now goes all around the perimeter of our flat, whereas before you could crawl over to our neighbours loft as it was all open

It was fire safety work for us so I'm sure it is ok. The fire stop wall now goes all around the perimeter of our flat, whereas before you could crawl over to our neighbours loft as it was all open
That’s inreresring, I’ll look into that then because I know I have a gap between my loft and next doors, probably about two bricks worth but more than enough for four legged unwanted guests! Are you in England or Scotland? If you don’t mind me asking

That’s inreresring, I’ll look into that then because I know I have a gap between my loft and next doors, probably about two bricks worth but more than enough for four legged unwanted guests! Are you in England or Scotland? If you don’t mind me asking
England x

Going to resurrect this thread as I‘ve been hearing some noise for a while now but convinced myself it was nothing … well today I heard the noise again went up and saw a plastic bag move 😭

I live under the roof in sort of a studio so immediately went down to my parents guestroom but I am freaking out. This is happening pretty close to my bed so I‘m not keen on any sort of poison but this needs to be sorted. I‘m terrified they‘ll chew on something and cause a fire but also just disgusted at myself. And I‘m also stressing because I need to study in that room but … eww 😭

Thank you! It has been such a fun experience up until this point. Oh no, that’s not great about the poison! I hope the dogs are ok!! Fingers crossed between this bait thing the guy has done and closing up the gaps fixes the issue. I don’t think I can stomach the possibility it doesn’t sort it. Good luck with your unwanted guests.. hopefully the poison does the trick and you finally get peace and quiet xx

This is my worry, that I’ll never be able to fully relax again in the house and I need to sell up and buy elsewhere. This is the perfect wee house for me as well, so I’d be gutted to have to leave it, but if I can’t resolve the issue, I won’t be able to comfortably stay here. I’m glad to hear you managed to find somewhere else and have no problems now!
If you know anyone with a cat ask them for their used litter. Keep getting freshly used litter and leave it in the loft / entry points. The cat smell deters them. I seriously thought about setting up a small business selling my cats used litter for this as several people asked me but couldn’t find any cheap postal services as it’s clinical waste.