Mia Jeal #3 Nails, horse riding and Wicca too, whilst Mabel’s still in her jumperoo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say I’m 16 and I got my first job at 13 and a half and I’ve been paying my mum rent for over a year as she took advice from my aunts and uncles with older kids. Now I don’t know weather my mum puts it in a bank to save for me or weather she does use it. It might be no more than £60 a month as I am in a very low paying job but it still teaches you to budget so I always say If I have To pay £60 rent I will have £55 to go out with then I can put £50 for clothes and the rest to save . So it really does help me to learn to save and budget. I definitely think mias mum should take some money if Mia to help Mia budget and learn. Even if she does put it in a savings account for Mia later on or if she uses the money to treat Mabel. This would definitely give Mia the reality check that money doesn’t grow on trees

I am no place to judge as I’m not a parent and I know people do like alone time but surely you shouldn’t have your game in the shade and your baby in the sun. Like even if I baby sit my cousins I always try to join in with there playing and mess around with them and enjoy the sun with them and be cautious with the sun and I try to avoid my phone whilst the sun is out and we are in the uk for god sake. The sun don’t last forever. Enjoy it whilst it’s here as once it goes it will be time where u can play games if you are indoors more.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
One thing I have noticed from watching Beths love yesterday is that she seems so much more mature than Mia.

Admittedly Beth has said and done some silly things with Mable, but Mia was in the room joining in, as her mum she should be stopping Beth from potentially hurting Mable, not joining in.

I only watched a few minutes of her live but the parts I saw seemed like she has her head screwed on more.

She was talking honestly about how her views have gone down and asking what people wanted. She also spoke about how she wants to create better content and stop recording the day it is due to be uploaded. (I think that’s a habit learnt from Mia)

I just find Beth to have a better personality

Reactions: 11
She’s complaining about Mabel sleeping loads & she doesn’t know what’s ‘normal’, Seems Mabel is going days without her milk, she probably is lethargic and that’s why she sleeps all day!!! Instead of asking your 13 year old fans just speak to a professional 🤦🏼‍♀️ Jesus god

Reactions: 13
Her worst one was when she titled the video ‘Poorly baby’ or something like that, kept emphasising Mabel was poorly and the only mention of what was actually wrong was that she had a little bit less milk. Made me actually laugh out loud.

As for sleeping through the night, my 8 month old still doesn’t although he is breast fed so may be different as they tend to wake for comfort also. Whole heartedly agree though that babies do wake up at 6/7am when going to bed at the correct bedtime suitable for that age.. she is just pure lazy and it shows through in most videos.

She was excited to wean, excited too BLW, to follow everyone else.. saw how hard work it is making sure they eat at set times, fruit and veg and gave up. My son expects breakfast lunch and dinner, he getting a little grumpy around those times as he’s belly is saying he’s hungry for the food I imagine. It’s almost cruel to just give a bit of food here and there when you can be arsed.

Reactions: 10
Where is mabel's hat ? She is in the sun I've seen children go from normal to have heat stroke or getting to hot its terrifying to watch .

Reactions: 3
Her worst one was when she titled the video ‘Poorly baby’ or something like that, kept emphasising Mabel was poorly and the only mention of what was actually wrong was that she had a little bit less milk. Made me actually laugh out loud.

As for sleeping through the night, my 8 month old still doesn’t although he is breast fed so may be different as they tend to wake for comfort also. Whole heartedly agree though that babies do wake up at 6/7am when going to bed at the correct bedtime suitable for that age.. she is just pure lazy and it shows through in most videos.

She was excited to wean, excited too BLW, to follow everyone else.. saw how hard work it is making sure they eat at set times, fruit and veg and gave up. My son expects breakfast lunch and dinner, he getting a little grumpy around those times as he’s belly is saying he’s hungry for the food I imagine. It’s almost cruel to just give a bit of food here and there when you can be arsed.
She’s neglecting Mabel when it comes down to giving Mabel suitable meals and she’s also neglecting Mabel as babies her age should be in a strict routine and Mabel really isn’t as she doesn’t get up at 7 or whenever Mabel wakes up in the morning she makes her sleep in which is completely wrong and is cruel to her poor daughter she decided to keep Mabel so it’s no ones fault but hers she said that she is ready for kids well she clearly isn’t because if she was actually ready she’s be ready to get up and start her day when her baby wakes up early in the morning not sleeping through until 10-11am

Reactions: 7
The thing is , mabels sleeping and bottle routine is all over the show! Why is mia waking her up at night to feed. A baby of her age should be drinking atleast 4 bottles 7am-7pm and napping 2.5 hours spread across the day. Plus 11 hours uninterrupted at night. (I’m aware some babies still might feed if they’re waking up themselves and not for a feed like Mia does ) Those are just guidelines of course every baby is different but the fact she isn’t giving mable milk for 16+ hours and she’s wide awake playing at 11pm .. lying in bed until 9am/10am there’s no routine, the poor kid is obviously all over the place bless her. Mia will figure it out , all mums do. I wish she’d speak to a health visitor, the amazing praise from her 12 year old audience won’t help the situation

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s neglecting Mabel when it comes down to giving Mabel suitable meals and she’s also neglecting Mabel as babies her age should be in a strict routine and Mabel really isn’t as she doesn’t get up at 7 or whenever Mabel wakes up in the morning she makes her sleep in which is completely wrong and is cruel to her poor daughter she decided to keep Mabel so it’s no ones fault but hers she said that she is ready for kids well she clearly isn’t because if she was actually ready she’s be ready to get up and start her day when her baby wakes up early in the morning not sleeping through until 10-11am
Well I wouldn’t agree that children need a strict routine as I’ve never had one with my son and hes doing well I would say a loose routine is rotine is important. Knowing round about when my son is going to do things and following his cues is working fine for us. But Mia does seem to neglect mabel-oceans cues and tries to make her fit i. With he routine Mia thinks she should have which I don’t agree with. But that could just be me.

• Heart
I think she’s obviously trying to fit Mabel in with her and it’s a shame she’s not necessarily going by Mabel’s cues, but She’s not ‘neglecting’ her. She’s not failing to meet her needs. She’s fed (even if you do t agree with her feeding schedule), clothed, loved etc. She’s not neglected at all.

She gives her suitable meals, just not necessarily at the same time each day, she doesn’t starve her and if she was, Mabel is a baby and would be screaming with hunger. Very few babies this age are in a ‘strict’ routine and many never will be.
I agree that she should be getting up earlier with Mabel, but it isn’t cruel and isn’t going to harm Mabel in any way. It’s just going to make it hard to get out of the habit. If you’ve ever had a baby, you’d know how hard it is to ‘make them sleep’ so I think it’s unlikely she’s ‘making her’. Mabel just goes to bed late (and is woken up to be fed) so therefore, wakes late and is still tired in the mornings.

You might not agree with her parenting (there’s things I don’t necessarily agree with) but one of the worst things you can say to a mum is that she’s neglecting or being cruel to her child, just because you don’t agree with her parenting style.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I noticed in mias Snapchat last night Mable was laying in her cot reaching for something and making noises.

I don’t have a child but to me it seems she’s not remotely tired?
Is it because Mia gets her up later and then she doesn’t really do much to tire her out?

Reactions: 1
I think she’s obviously trying to fit Mabel in with her and it’s a shame she’s not necessarily going by Mabel’s cues, but She’s not ‘neglecting’ her. She’s not failing to meet her needs. She’s fed (even if you do t agree with her feeding schedule), clothed, loved etc. She’s not neglected at all.

She gives her suitable meals, just not necessarily at the same time each day, she doesn’t starve her and if she was, Mabel is a baby and would be screaming with hunger. Very few babies this age are in a ‘strict’ routine and many never will be.
I agree that she should be getting up earlier with Mabel, but it isn’t cruel and isn’t going to harm Mabel in any way. It’s just going to make it hard to get out of the habit. If you’ve ever had a baby, you’d know how hard it is to ‘make them sleep’ so I think it’s unlikely she’s ‘making her’. Mabel just goes to bed late (and is woken up to be fed) so therefore, wakes late and is still tired in the mornings.

You might not agree with her parenting (there’s things I don’t necessarily agree with) but one of the worst things you can say to a mum is that she’s neglecting or being cruel to her child, just because you don’t agree with her parenting style.
Neglect doesn’t always been neglect, Mia is neglectful of meeting all of mabels needs & cues, that doesnt mean Mabel is neglected it just means Mia is negligent

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Neglect doesn’t always been neglect, Mia is neglectful of meeting all of mabels needs & cues, that doesnt mean Mabel is neglected it just means Mia is negligent
What needs doesn’t she meet though?
She’s fed. She’s clothed. She’s played with. She’s given somewhere to sleep. She’s loved.

Reactions: 2
What needs doesn’t she meet though?
She’s fed. She’s clothed. She’s played with. She’s given somewhere to sleep. She’s loved.
She was left without milk. She’s kept up at night. Left lying on mias bed With no supervision when Mia is saying she’s starting to crawl.
meeting basic needs and providing safety, and meeting the child’s cues are different.
watch the videos, you’ll see for yourself. Like I said, Mia is negligent, she’s starting to take advice she’s doing great with sensory stuff, but mias negligence doesn’t mean She doesn’t look after her, but she doesn’t meet her needs properly.

Reactions: 11
Can we all please stop hating on Mia for not giving Mabel milk for 18 hours (is that the right time?) I know myself sometimes babies will just refuse to eat. Mabel wasn't screaming in hunger when we saw the vlog, she was acting normal. From my own experiences that could be a major sign she's begun teething or could be poorly. There's other possibilities too but I don't think they're relevant.

I'm not a mum and I'm not claiming to be but I've babysat enough and taken care of enough family from newborn onwards to know a thing or two. Personally speaking, 3 babies I took care of stopped drinking milk for a whole 2-3 days because they started teething, for those days they were only fed frozen puree to help their gums.

It's not exactly Mias fault if Mabel is teething or something else and Mabel's reaction was to not have a bottle. Once again, Mabel wasn't starving otherwise we would've heard her crying. Some babies are just weirdos (I mean that in the nicest possible way) when it comes to how they deal with things.

In saying this, I hope she gave Mabel proper food at least and didn't just leave her with nothing, otherwise that changes everything.

Can we all please stop hating on Mia for not giving Mabel milk for 18 hours (is that the right time?) I know myself sometimes babies will just refuse to eat. Mabel wasn't screaming in hunger when we saw the vlog, she was acting normal. From my own experiences that could be a major sign she's begun teething or could be poorly. There's other possibilities too but I don't think they're relevant.

I'm not a mum and I'm not claiming to be but I've babysat enough and taken care of enough family from newborn onwards to know a thing or two. Personally speaking, 3 babies I took care of stopped drinking milk for a whole 2-3 days because they started teething, for those days they were only fed frozen puree to help their gums.

It's not exactly Mias fault if Mabel is teething or something else and Mabel's reaction was to not have a bottle. Once again, Mabel wasn't starving otherwise we would've heard her crying. Some babies are just weirdos (I mean that in the nicest possible way) when it comes to how they deal with things.

In saying this, I hope she gave Mabel proper food at least and didn't just leave her with nothing, otherwise that changes everything.
oh for sure, kids can be weird, they have their moments, my concern was there was no mention of even her drinking water etc and thats a long time to go without any fluids for an adult, let alone a baby
if she was having water but not milk its probably just her being fussy, but there was no distinction which is where my concern lies

Reactions: 7

That’s true, it happens and you just substitute with something else to make sure they’re fed and hydrated. The problem is Mia has said herself that she isn’t continuous weaning, so Mabel still seems to rely on milk a lot. Staying hydrated In this warm weather would be the main concern. Mia hasn’t shown any pics of fruit / veg purées yet, and Mabel isn’t eating big meals yet to fill up her little tummy. which perhaps means Mabel had nothing, and if that’s the case no matter which way you look at it isn’t good. I don’t want to point the finger because we simply don’t know whether she replaced it with something but I hope baby Mabel got enough. Can’t stand to think of babies hungry or too warm etc 😔

Reactions: 8
Well I wouldn’t agree that children need a strict routine as I’ve never had one with my son and hes doing well I would say a loose routine is rotine is important. Knowing round about when my son is going to do things and following his cues is working fine for us. But Mia does seem to neglect mabel-oceans cues and tries to make her fit i. With he routine Mia thinks she should have which I don’t agree with. But that could just be me.
Couldn’t agree with this more 🙌🏼 I don’t think she’s neglecting Mabel in that she’s fed, clean etc. However there’s no denying that she does force Mabel into her routine, rather than listening to cues, she’s shown time and time again that she’d rather put Mabel in the jumperoo so she can play animal crossing or do her nails. There definitely has been a level of emotional neglect where she rarely spent any time one on one with Mabel playing, stimulating and enjoying her - without making her watch her adult tv (twilight) or making tik toks. Things are certainly getting better as she is doing more and taking our criticism, but there’s still room to improve (one activity of reading a couple books isn’t exactly much) and she still makes questionable parenting choices! It’s not just about making sure they’re fed and not crying in my opinion anyway 🤷🏽‍♀️

Babies definitely shouldn’t be left days without milk.. teething or not.. they need atleast 500ml a day 💀 also purée shouldn’t be given to substitute milk unless they have a milk protein allergy, milk has the nutrients they need.. veg and gravy or pasta with hidden veg sauce isn’t enough at Mabels age. Plus she was spitting out her food she doesn’t even want solids lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Couldn’t agree with this more 🙌🏼 I don’t think she’s neglecting Mabel in that she’s fed, clean etc. However there’s no denying that she does force Mabel into her routine, rather than listening to cues, she’s shown time and time again that she’d rather put Mabel in the jumperoo so she can play animal crossing or do her nails. There definitely has been a level of emotional neglect where she rarely spent any time one on one with Mabel playing, stimulating and enjoying her - without making her watch her adult tv (twilight) or making tik toks. Things are certainly getting better as she is doing more and taking our criticism, but there’s still room to improve (one activity of reading a couple books isn’t exactly much) and she still makes questionable parenting choices! It’s not just about making sure they’re fed and not crying in my opinion anyway 🤷🏽‍♀️

Babies definitely shouldn’t be left days without milk.. teething or not.. they need atleast 500ml a day 💀 also purée shouldn’t be given to substitute milk unless they have a milk protein allergy, milk has the nutrients they need.. veg and gravy or pasta with hidden veg sauce isn’t enough at Mabels age. Plus she was spitting out her food she doesn’t even want solids lmao
I kind of get where your coming from but Mia can’t force Mabel to have her milk, Mia would of obviously tried to give it to her but if she won’t take it she can’t do any more than that and Mabel didn’t go “days” without milk just wanted to put that In There because Mia never said that

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.