Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a new bottle and I was applying every hour. I have very fair skin and there was no shade.
Doesn't matter. I'm Fitzpatrick I too btw. If there was nothing wrong with the product or the application then perhaps you sweated more than you realise? Sorry, not sure how my posts are coming across, I'm not picking on you or anything, just you needn't put up with burning. xx

R schools going to close ? 🤷‍♀️
We had a letter. Ours are open atm unless DfE says otherwise.
No uniform, loose clothing, need a heat and sun cream.
Windows will be open and blinds closed.
Year 1 class are having a watertight, I’m hoping it’s in the shade!

Reactions: 1
The night time temp for Monday night is going to be 33 degrees in london. NIGHT TIME TEMP! Wtf 🥵
Yep, this is the most horrible thing because with the closed window and blind thing you're meant to benefit from the evening/night temperature being cool. It probably won't be so you'll just have continuous uncomfortable heat

Reactions: 2
I’m in Greater Manchester area and today is a lovely summer’s day. Around 21 degrees right now with low humidity and a light breeze. I wish it could stay like this. I’m dreading next 3 days. I imagine I will be stuck in the house alone, because it will just be too oppressive to go outside. I hate being stuck in, I’m one of those people who likes to get out and keep busy. Thank god it’s forecast to be cooling down by Wednesday.

Thankfully this heat will only last for a couple days, but I dread to think the damage to people and infrastructure over those two days. The roads will probably melt and some older people will die.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Met Office forecast is considerably cooler (lol - 29c is not cool) compared to BBC. Hoping they are right (y)

Bit concerned about sending my daughter to childminder on Tuesday. She has a tiny house so the kids usually play in the garden all day, and I'm a bit worried..

The daily mail is going full on trying to annoy the boomer readers with this headline : "ambulances may burst into flames waiting outside hospitals"

Their readership no doubt used to work all day long in 40 degree heats and just got on with it 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Met Office forecast is considerably cooler (lol - 29c is not cool) compared to BBC. Hoping they are right (y)

Bit concerned about sending my daughter to childminder on Tuesday. She has a tiny house so the kids usually play in the garden all day, and I'm a bit worried..
Apple weather forecast is slightly more bearable too but the BBC one is much worse

NEW THREAD

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.