Mental health in your 40’s

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok I am just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time being in their 40’s. I think just the doctor telling me I was premenopausal made me throw up in my mouth.. I feel so young yet my body is feeling so old. Anyone else have aches and pains all over their body? Also so depressed.. never thought middle life crisis existed until now 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I'm in my late 30's and constantly have different aches and pains. Just as I get rid of one, another one starts.

Reactions: 1
Get your bloods done. I felt similar and ended up having a Vit D deficiency. Also started on fluoxetine last October. Didn’t want to resort to meds but wish I’d tried them sooner!

Reactions: 2
Get your bloods done. I felt similar and ended up having a Vit D deficiency. Also started on fluoxetine last October. Didn’t want to resort to meds but wish I’d tried them sooner!
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your recommendations 🌸 I was on lexapro and seroquel for about a year but didn’t really help my anxiety so come off it slowly. Was horrible coming off so much pain so too scared to try anything else. I do have Valium but I try not to take them too much. I had all blood done and perfectly healthy. I am on a multi vitamin plus vitamin d. I recently found out I have a Uterine polyps which they believe has been the cause of my pelvic and leg pain. Going to try a supplement called serrapeptase first but might have it get removed. Once again been told these things just happen when you get old. Getting old is so much fun 😕

I'm in my late 30's and constantly have different aches and pains. Just as I get rid of one, another one starts.
Thanks for your reply 🌸 I am there with you 😝

Last edited:
Omg yes! I could’ve started this thread! As I’m nearing my later 40’s, I’m beginning to think about all those self-help books out there...like for ppl in their 40’s w/ aging parents, etc. I’ve been really going thru it for the past cpl of yrs w/ my mother’s illness, on top of my past cancer worries, Fibro & the daily on-slaught of chronic pain. Whew. Prayers going out to all humans. lol. Life is rough! And it’s only getting worse! My poor husband, an only child, 2 even more elderly parents, & my MIL is severely ill w/ schizophrenia. She doesn’t even know her own grandkids! And we have to finally figure out where to place her & how to get her out of her home. We need STRENGTH to get thru this storm.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Omg yes! I could’ve started this thread! As I’m nearing my later 40’s, I’m beginning to think about all those self-help books out there...like for ppl in their 40’s w/ aging parents, etc. I’ve been really going thru it for the past cpl of yrs w/ my mother’s illness, on top of my past cancer worries, Fibro & the daily on-slaught of chronic pain. Whew. Prayers going out to all humans. lol. Life is rough! And it’s only getting worse! My poor husband, an only child, 2 even more elderly parents, & my MIL is severely ill w/ schizophrenia. She doesn’t even know her own grandkids! And we have to finally figure out where to place her & how to get her out of her home. We need STRENGTH to get thru this storm.
Thanks for your reply.... Oh no you poor thing. Sounds like so much stress. I mean how are we meant to be strong/happy when getting older just brings pain, death and more problems. You get through one problem and then something else happens. I really hope you get through the storm. I am trying to do the be more present thing and take each moment/day as a blessing. All the best 🌸❤