Mental health/Anxiety/Depression on Instagram

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a massive thank you!!! I started my account on insta to talk about my mental illnesses (c-PTSD, generalised anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder- not a serial killer btw;)) and also how my craft stuff gave me a sense of purpose again. I've been trolled by people, followed and mocked etc by bigger accounts because my illness is real and not fashionable. It's not fun, I can't fix it with yoga or some stupid diet. I get so frustrated by it all. I have had some lovely interactions too which is why i keep doing it but the potential for these accounts to do real damage to those of us with real health problems is scary. Xx
I’m so glad I’ve come across your comment here as I am the same. I’m just me on my account. I don’t tend to think about much when I’m doing a story and I tend to just blurt stuff out. I can just ramble on about absolute tit but I get more lovely people messaging me when I’m just me. I appreciate it so much, I really do. If you feel comfortable, then please let me know your account name and I’ll give you a follow. I would really like to start watching other accounts like myself. If you don’t want to put it on here then you can message me if you like. No worries if you’d rather not though xxx

I think it’s great that people who really do have these illnesses are talking about it and spreading awareness.

But there’s a difference between experiencing anxiety as an emotion and having an anxiety disorder. I have PTSD, GAD and depression and every day is a struggle so hearing people say they have anxiety just because they get nervous sometimes really does piss me off.

Reactions: 3
I know this thread is a couple of years old now but I used to follow a girl called ‘diagnosedpink’ on my old Instagram I no longer have access to. Anyone know what’s going on with her now?