Melanie Murphy #7 Phantom of the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes when I feel down or sad I watch that clip to remind myself that I'm at least not that much of an oblivious dork.
It never gets old 😂 I keep cracking up by myself watching it.My favourite part is when she looks directly at the camera shakes her head and then clutches her heart

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She'll follow Gigi Hadid and Zayn's footsteps 🙄

@rnpkr7829 please, feel free to use this as your next profile pic🤫😉😁🤭
By the way, you're genius! I'm laughing to death coz of your current DP 😂
The poor in laws, they must get awful frightened when they hear that banging from the attic. But then they realise it's smellanie stretching out and admiring herself 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s so hard to believe anything she says because she always reaches. When she did a video speaking about why she’s sober and showed videos of her out drunk and trying to portray how bad she is... when she’s just laughing with her mates? Does she not get exhausted always finding things to make a problem?? She said in the video her friends had a joke with her where she’d say she’d only have 1 drink and they’d be like oh sure! Is that not a common joke? Am I the insane one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jesus Christ...% of people live life one pay cheque away from poverty...yea this has been going on pre COVID, families living in hotels and emergency accommodation, people who have a life like hers (married with a baby but own their own house) that then a partner loses a job and debt starts to build up and they find themselves unable to pay the mortgage, they’re evicted and living in a bleeping hotel, homeless! Like this is Ireland Melanie and has been for years you should be outraged that this goes on at all...not just COVID related

Reactions: 24
Jesus Christ...% of people live life one pay cheque away from poverty...yea this has been going on pre COVID, families living in hotels and emergency accommodation, people who have a life like hers (married with a baby but own their own house) that then a partner loses a job and debt starts to build up and they find themselves unable to pay the mortgage, they’re evicted and living in a bleeping hotel, homeless! Like this is Ireland Melanie and has been for years you should be outraged that this goes on at all...not just COVID related
This is what pisses me off so much about her. She’s clueless about everything she chooses to open her trap about. Covid has exacerbated the problems that were already there - shes only speaking about them now because it helps her to justify her anti lockdown rubbish. She doesn’t care about those problems, she is just weaponising them because she’s annoyed she can’t go clothes shopping and her husband can’t fly loads of planes. She’s a tit

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s so hard to believe anything she says because she always reaches. When she did a video speaking about why she’s sober and showed videos of her out drunk and trying to portray how bad she is... when she’s just laughing with her mates? Does she not get exhausted always finding things to make a problem?? She said in the video her friends had a joke with her where she’d say she’d only have 1 drink and they’d be like oh sure! Is that not a common joke? Am I the insane one?
which video is that with her showing videos of herself drunk, i need to see that 😂

Reactions: 2
This is what pisses me off so much about her. She’s clueless about everything she chooses to open her trap about. Covid has exacerbated the problems that were already there - shes only speaking about them now because it helps her to justify her anti lockdown rubbish. She doesn’t care about those problems, she is just weaponising them because she’s annoyed she can’t go clothes shopping and her husband can’t fly loads of planes. She’s a tit
Absolutely! The shocking state of mental health services in Ireland I’m afraid was there pre COVID it has exacerbated it 100% but what the duck was she doing to help before COVID?
What will she do after COVID? Will she volunteer for AWARE, maybe volunteer with women’s aid/men’s aid because the level of domestic abuse has increased because of COVID
She is like every bleeping banal “influencer” with a minor following that starts to jump on the mental health band wagon when it suits them
duck right off Mel you don’t give a tit about mental health or Irish people in poverty unless it directly affects you

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Exactly, she doesn’t do anything to help or advocate for these issues, and as you say I bet she won’t mention its urgency again once she no longer is in lockdown. She’s such an asshole she really thinks she has the knowledge to comment on absolutely everything

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Absolutely! The shocking state of mental health services in Ireland I’m afraid was there pre COVID it has exacerbated it 100% but what the duck was she doing to help before COVID?
What will she do after COVID? Will she volunteer for AWARE, maybe volunteer with women’s aid/men’s aid because the level of domestic abuse has increased because of COVID
She is like every bleeping banal “influencer” with a minor following that starts to jump on the mental health band wagon when it suits them
duck right off Mel you don’t give a tit about mental health or Irish people in poverty unless it directly affects you
Exactly this! She was only highlighting her own situation as if she gives a tit about those women, you don’t need to look any further than her own family for proof of that.

Reactions: 10
The discussions about easing lockdown rules, to allow for a few more personal freedoms and the effects lockdown has on people's mental health and economic situations are valid ones to have. That is, if, and only if, the participants in these discussions have some expertise and common sense and/or are able to view the world from a standpoint where they themselves and their problems aren't the centre of the world and their well-being isn't the only thing to consider.
It really sucks that people are losing their livelihoods and are looking into the abyss economically and psychologically after this year, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I don't think anyone would argue with that. And it doesn't help that many of the most affected industries are ones where work situations are precarious for many to begin with (like the restaurant industry, tourism, service industry etc.). But, like mentioned before, that was a problem before covid as well and should be addressed from the root. Not paying people a living wage is a huge problem and not offering adequate mental health services is an equally big one. There is no denying that situations are desperate, but these same people in many cases are the ones that would be most exposed if lockdown rules eased and at the same times would be the ones who can least afford being sick for weeks or months on end. So easing lockdown rules will not change this fundamental problem like she pretends it will. It's not like she would stand in a cafe, shop or restaurants for 8-10 hours a day serving customers and dealing with people refusing to put a mask on.
Melanie doesn't give a flying duck about any of that. She wants to go to the gym for her "reset", have coffee in cafes, see her friends and have her hubby fly big and important planes (all understandable desires, but not in any measure enough to validate her demands for easement). There are so many ways that she could give support to the businesses and community around her suffering because of covid, if that was the real concern. She does have a platform, not a massively huge one, but a lot bigger than my tiny soapbox and even I try to do what I can.
She brings up mental health and the toll isolation and separation had on everyone struggling, which is good and important for sure. But at the same time God knows what's going on in her relationship with her little sister who is apparently doing really badly. I don't wanna speculate about the situation or give judgement about something that I am not privy to, but it doesn't really look like a supportive sitaution from Melanie's side. At least from the outside.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
which video is that with her showing videos of herself drunk, i need to see that 😂
Just in the beginning she has a montage of the times she’s drunk and it’s so odd. The black and white effect especially lol. I hope I don’t come across as invalidating but everything with her seems so fraudulent

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The discussions about easing lockdown rules, to allow for a few more personal freedoms and the effects lockdown has on people's mental health and economic situations are valid ones to have. That is, if, and only if, the participants in these discussions have some expertise and common sense and/or are able to view the world from a standpoint where they themselves and their problems aren't the centre of the world and their well-being isn't the only thing to consider.
It really sucks that people are losing their livelihoods and are looking into the abyss economically and psychologically after this year, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I don't think anyone would argue with that. And it doesn't help that many of the most affected industries are ones where work situations are precarious for many to begin with (like the restaurant industry, tourism, service industry etc.). But, like mentioned before, that was a problem before covid as well and should be addressed from the root. Not paying people a living wage is a huge problem and not offering adequate mental health services is an equally big one. There is no denying that situations are desperate, but these same people in many cases are the ones that would be most exposed if lockdown rules eased and at the same times would be the ones who can least afford being sick for weeks or months on end. So easing lockdown rules will not change this fundamental problem like she pretends it will. It's not like she would stand in a cafe, shop or restaurants for 8-10 hours a day serving customers and dealing with people refusing to put a mask on.
Melanie doesn't give a flying duck about any of that. She wants to go to the gym for her "reset", have coffee in cafes, see her friends and have her hubby fly big and important planes (all understandable desires, but not in any measure enough to validate her demands for easement). There are so many ways that she could give support to the businesses and community around her suffering because of covid, if that was the real concern. She does have a platform, not a massively huge one, but a lot bigger than my tiny soapbox and even I try to do what I can.
She brings up mental health and the toll isolation and separation had on everyone struggling, which is good and important for sure. But at the same time God knows what's going on in her relationship with her little sister who is apparently doing really badly. I don't wanna speculate about the situation or give judgement about something that I am not privy to, but it doesn't really look like a supportive sitaution from Melanie's side. At least from the outside.
Extremely well said 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 7
Just in the beginning she has a montage of the times she’s drunk and it’s so odd. The black and white effect especially lol. I hope I don’t come across as invalidating but everything with her seems so fraudulent
She's really acting like alcohol was ruining her life, while actual alcoholics can have everything they have taken away from them because of a crippling addiction 😣

Reactions: 13
This video analysis is really good, it uses Harry Potter explaining different types of Bullies, and when they got to Umbridge, how they describe her, reminded me of how Melanie views herself and how she behaves towards others. Melanie doesn't realize as a Harry Potter fan, that she is in fact Dolores Umbridge!

Particularly this part - ''If you disagree with me, it's a challenge and it must be snuffed out'', ''And I have to make you feel like the idiot or you were the person in the wrong''. (This is an attacker style - he describes). Perfectly decribes Melanie, which turns out, is a bully.

Melanie is Umbridge @5:58

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She's really acting like alcohol was ruining her life, while actual alcoholics can have everything they have taken away from them because of a crippling addiction :cautious:
I literally wouldn’t be surprised if in a few months she starts drinking again and doesn’t bring up the soberity. Just like her long list of food intolerances, allergies and other things that she apparently has and then never addresses again. I’m so worried about her son and all the things she’s going to project on him

Reactions: 14
looks pretty boring to me tbh 😂

unfortunately i think she thinks it would make her look cool

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.