Melanie Murphy #12 I'm the only Mam in the village

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep I think she’s deleted it already, record timing. She is one of the worst people for fear mongering via her platform. The whole tap water thing has been debunked so many times on various programmes etc. Apparently the filters also increase water wastage. She’s an idiot
I SS her post when she posted it as I smelt trouble. She says she's sponsored for the stories but not the post.

She deleted the post because people pointed out it's a scam and kept the stories so she will still get her sponsorship fee. Snake.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Melanie: So many people are suffering and struggling financially due to lockdown!!
Also Melanie: Buy this water filter for nearly a thousand euros!!

She's absolutely ridiculous.
"The filters are pricey but my iphone cost more". Read the goddamn room 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Screenshot_20210811-212545.png

Damage control story, looks like it's based off the SS of the comment someone else posted trying to acknowledge privilege.
Does she actually hear herself??

I also agree so strongly with the SS of a comment Dearreader posted. My wife already struggles with germs etc. and seeing a post like that would cause her to spiral into massive anxiety around drinking water, maybe lead into using bottled water as others have said.
It's hard to believe and so frustrating that someone who has struggled/struggles with anxiety would scaremonger like that.

Screenshot_20210811-213319.png

Thanks for the review - that we paid for!! 😠 On Melanie's story it does say Paid Partnership in the corner but this doesn't show up when they shared her story.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
She pisses me off so much it’s a completely false equivalence. Phones are generally paid for via contract, ergo only paying an instalment every month which is more affordable than paying €1000 in one go. Also nowadays you need a phone and access to the internet for so many essential services, eg applying for jobs, banking, even doctor appointments where I am currently as they’re only doing online consultations unless it’s urgent. What are you meant to do about all that if you don’t have one? Without a smart phone, doing essential things to have a functioning life would become difficult very fast. If I was budgeting, stupid tit like a mega filter would be the first to go! She’s actually such an idiot it infuriates me, she’s completely out of touch and won’t listen to anybody

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 708744

Damage control story, looks like it's based off the SS of the comment someone else posted trying to acknowledge privilege.
Does she actually hear herself??

I also agree so strongly with the SS of a comment Dearreader posted. My wife already struggles with germs etc. and seeing a post like that would cause her to spiral into massive anxiety around drinking water, maybe lead into using bottled water as others have said.
It's hard to believe and so frustrating that someone who has struggled/struggles with anxiety would scaremonger like that.

View attachment 708752

Thanks for the review - that we paid for!! 😠 On Melanie's story it does say Paid Partnership in the corner but this doesn't show up when they shared her story.
Critical tHiNkEr and Queen of research Mel didn't have all the facts? HAHA give me a break. I imagine the sum transferred to her bank account had a lot to do with it.

Reactions: 10
I thought I'd join up just to post about this but for some reason it really irked me. In a post that shes since deleted so I can't provide a screenshot. She was promoting this water filtration system. And showing a comparison of the grotty unfiltered tap water and the clean tap water. Offering one of her viewers the chance to get one of the filtration systems. It's not cheap by any means and shes since been on a condescending rant on her story about how its not that expensive. Following with it costs less than a iPhone reduces plastic waste it's an investment blah blah. It's not expensive to her doesn't mean it isn't for others. Tap water doesn't kill you its already treated why insight this unnecessary fear into people to push your sponsorship. I wonder if she'd care that much if she wasnt getting paid.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
lmao tap water doesn't contain crap, it contains minerals like any source of water does (unless you're in a laboratory and need pure water). In fact the addition of fluoride to tap water has improved dental health of many people. Unless your pipes are made of lead or the water system itself is broken, tap water is totally safe to drink... council pop as it's known in my house 😂

• Heart
lmao tap water doesn't contain crap, it contains minerals like any source of water does (unless you're in a laboratory and need pure water). In fact the addition of fluoride to tap water has improved dental health of many people. Unless your pipes are made of lead or the water system itself is broken, tap water is totally safe to drink... council pop as it's known in my house 😂
She was quick to tell people that the WHO came out and admitted they don't yet know the effects of microplastics in our tap water. Yet conviently left out the part where the WHO states that reverse osmosis leeches minerals fron the body. *This means that the minerals being consumed in food and vitamins are being urinated away* SO Melanie telling people to use supplements to combat this is BULLSHIT.

"Additionally, when you cook food in this kind of water, minerals are further depleted. So, while you may be cooking mineral-dense foods, the water used in your cooking is stripping away all of them"

"It also depletes vitamin B12, which is necessary for cognitive, neurological, brain function, and development of a foetus"

IF ANYBODY IS PREGNANT WHO MAYBE CONSIDERING THIS PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS A BIT MORE. (I have not read much more into this but just to be on the safe side please ask your doctor)

https://lukecoutinho.com/blog/lifes...ier-scam-how-does-it-harm-and-what-can-we-do/

[/URL]

*SS attached is from the WHO and linked above ^

* All you tattlers are smart, I just wanted to put it up just incase someone may come across this and was unaware. I certainly didn't know any of this. I don't want to scare anybody, it's not my intention. ❤

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
She was quick to tell people that the WHO came out and admitted they don't yet know the effects of microplastics in our tap water. Yet conviently left out the part where the WHO states that reverse osmosis leeches minerals fron the body. *This means that the minerals being consumed in food and vitamins are being urinated away* SO Melanie telling people to use supplements to combat this is BULLSHIT.

"Additionally, when you cook food in this kind of water, minerals are further depleted. So, while you may be cooking mineral-dense foods, the water used in your cooking is stripping away all of them"

"It also depletes vitamin B12, which is necessary for cognitive, neurological, brain function, and development of a foetus"

IF ANYBODY IS PREGNANT WHO MAYBE CONSIDERING THIS PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS A BIT MORE. (I have not read much more into this but just to be on the safe side please ask your doctor)

https://lukecoutinho.com/blog/lifes...ier-scam-how-does-it-harm-and-what-can-we-do/

[/URL]

* All you tattlers are smart, I just wanted to put it up just incase someone may come across this and was unaware. I certainly didn't know any of this. I don't want to scare anybody, it's not my intention. ❤
Love this. Tap water in the UK and Ireland is SAFE to drink. So much time and effort and money is put into treating water, alongside the disposal of any chemical waste so it's up to legal standard (I work in a lab and know about chemical waste disposal). Stripping minerals out of water that doesn't need to be stripped is definitely not a good thing.

Also looking on the company's website and there is no quatitive data about what exactly the device removes and its effectiveness. There may well be something as the website is shite for mobile, but you would think it would be one of the first things you can look at. There are just lists that say "including", and vague percentages. Its very suspicious, but anything to get the bag I guess...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First off: she claims this water filtration system isn't a luxury or a splurge? While living in a country where tap water is completely fine to drink? Wtf. Then says an iPhone or laptop costs more? Last I checked there are options to not buy these items at these prices or, as was already pointed out here, pay them in installments. It's telling that she claims we buy electronics at these prices all the time and without second thought. That's certainly not the reality I live in.
Never in my life have I considered owning a phone worth that (even if I could pay it in installments) when there are options that are so much cheaper and get the job done just as well. And if I bought a laptop that expensive I would consider it a luxury and a splurge as well. She's delusional.

Second: Good for her that she wants to install this system in her mom and dad's house but how about just doing it in private instead of, yet again, publicly painting your parents like your own personal charity case? And what about the in-laws they live with? Or were those scam filters already installed all around the house?

Third: thank you @Dearreader for providing all of this info ❤❤ She's so quick to point out everything that's wrong with other stuff yet never seems to actually look beyond the scope of information the company offering her money gives on their own product. The critical thinking is really top notch on her part👌🏻

And fourth and final: she really thinks she's so sneaky. Quick to delete the post where people called her out and left up all stories where people can't publicly leave a comment. For me there is no disclosure of this being sponsored showing up in any of these stories by the way. Only a swipe up link but nothing in the way of advising that she's getting 🤑🤑

• Heart
Reactions: 16

[/URL]

Thank you for this & for the other screenshots that of course Melanie deleted. You're a master sleuth and SS'er😂🧐!

OH MY GOD! Now she's onto the paranoia of our drinking water? Melanie is a paranoid conspiracy theorist. She is deceitful & delusional. Why must everything in her life be a health issue, a promotion, a struggle? She is exhausting to observe, I wonder how exhausting it must be, being her! How has she turned another non-issue into an issue? She manages to fear monger about everything.

wtsgx82rpqr51.jpg
wtsgx82rpqr51.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She pisses me off so much it’s a completely false equivalence. Phones are generally paid for via contract, ergo only paying an instalment every month which is more affordable than paying €1000 in one go. Also nowadays you need a phone and access to the internet for so many essential services, eg applying for jobs, banking, even doctor appointments where I am currently as they’re only doing online consultations unless it’s urgent. What are you meant to do about all that if you don’t have one? Without a smart phone, doing essential things to have a functioning life would become difficult very fast. If I was budgeting, stupid tit like a mega filter would be the first to go! She’s actually such an idiot it infuriates me, she’s completely out of touch and won’t listen to anybody
You also don't HAVE to spend over €1000 on a phone, there are over a dozen other phones cheaper with the same functionalities, it's a choice as to how much you spend on a phone, she just wants to do damage control cos she got scammed on paying for an absolute waste of money filter

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You also don't HAVE to spend over €1000 on a phone, there are over a dozen other phones cheaper with the same functionalities, it's a choice as to how much you spend on a phone, she just wants to do damage control cos she got scammed on paying for an absolute waste of money filter
What phones is she buying that cost €1000? I spent 300-ish on my iPhone 6s 3 years ago and it still does everything I need it to do and works fine.

Buying the latest iPhone update isn’t necessary. Neither are €1000 water filters in a country that has safe, accessible drinking water. She’s absolutely scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

If she’s that concerned my mam bought a water filter jug in Argos a few years ago for pittance and it does the job just as well.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.