Megan Ellaby #3 AKA Beg-an Ellaby. Full time chiller, addicted to filler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That incessant need for new things all the time, honestly it’s like a sickness. Coming from someone who buys more than they should and needs to curb it. What I loved about Megan is how in love she used to be about clothes, the way she would talk about them showed such passion. In a world where you’re almost vilified for liking fashion as it’s seen as frivolous, she had a unique way of talking in such detail about the intricacies of styling, it was a huge game changer for me personally, and has had a massive impact on how I dress.

Up until 5/6 years ago all I wore was black, ALL THE TIME, it’s because I am a size 16 and felt I didn’t deserve to stand out in colour, then Megan came along and was styling jeans and black jumper, but then just added a cool boot or a nice colourful bag and I was like ooh, I can do that! Then it grew from there.

Something along the way has been lost, and that’s the thirst for brands/ads/and money, it bleeping kills the authenticity, and she’s now built a world where she relies on it so heavily there’s no going back, you can tell she’s just all about courting those bigger brands for bigger sponsorship deals. I genuinely hope she’s happy but at the moment all that stuff is filling a hole for deeper tit, she probably won’t realise for a while though. God I hope I don’t sound like a preachy twit. What’s even worse is that she’ll read this and think we’re haters or trolling her. I’m so glad I found tattle as I thought I was the only who thought this about Megan, as her comments on insta were always so complimentary 🥺
Oh my gosh I’m so glad you found the confidence to wear colour! You should never feel like you don’t deserve to stand out. Size 16 isn’t even big!
It is such a shame she seems to have lost the passion and positive force behind her platform. I would feel sorry for her about all the George stuff if she seemed to connect or open up to her audience at all but she only seems to care about how she comes across to other influencers and seems to completely distrust her normal audience. When in reality they’re the reason she’s earning £170,000 a year.
Her manner with her followers has completely changed and as you say she’s just consuming at such an insane rate it’s quite grotesque to watch and means that all the heart that was in her earlier work is lost because everything is so disposable and unimportant now.
it is insane how fast these influencers consume, I hate it when they’re like ‘I’ve had this piece in my wardrobe for ages... I think I got it last year’ hahaha. I genuinely have stuff I’ve worn since I was a teenager and I’m 37. I have things for years and years and I studied fashion so it’s not like I’m uninterested. I try and get things I cherish and they aren’t neutral and bland.
She seems to have lost her way both professionally and personally. We’ll see what motherhood does to her... I hope it brings back some heart n soul to her work and less consumerism and sheepish following of other influencers. I’m not convinced though as it may make her question who she is even further which she’ll cover with more consumption. And I think she’ll be desperate to come across as the ‘hot cool mum’.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh my gosh I’m so glad you found the confidence to wear colour! You should never feel like you don’t deserve to stand out. Size 16 isn’t even big!
It is such a shame she seems to have lost the passion and positive force behind her platform. I would feel sorry for her about all the George stuff if she seemed to connect or open up to her audience at all but she only seems to care about how she comes across to other influencers and seems to completely distrust her normal audience. When in reality they’re the reason she’s earning £170,000 a year.
Her manner with her followers has completely changed and as you say she’s just consuming at such an insane rate it’s quite grotesque to watch and means that all the heart that was in her earlier work is lost because everything is so disposable and unimportant now.
it is insane how fast these influencers consume, I hate it when they’re like ‘I’ve had this piece in my wardrobe for ages... I think I got it last year’ hahaha. I genuinely have stuff I’ve worn since I was a teenager and I’m 37. I have things for years and years and I studied fashion so it’s not like I’m uninterested. I try and get things I cherish and they aren’t neutral and bland.
She seems to have lost her way both professionally and personally. We’ll see what motherhood does to her... I hope it brings back some heart n soul to her work and less consumerism and sheepish following of other influencers. I’m not convinced though as it may make her question who she is even further which she’ll cover with more consumption. And I think she’ll be desperate to come across as the ‘hot cool mum’.
yes yes and triple yes to this!! and i always laugh when they say 'ages' too, when really they mean last year as you say!
and thank you :) It's weird as Megan is a thin lady but the way she used to style clothes felt inclusive of all sizes if that makes sense? I can't make sense of her outfits now!

Reactions: 8
Her and Faye 100% meet up to take pictures of each other which is fine because they’re technically not breaking the rules but when they comment on each other’s pictures as if they haven’t seen each other for ages, it’s laughable.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Her and Faye 100% meet up to take pictures of each other which is fine because they’re technically not breaking the rules but when they comment on each other’s pictures as if they haven’t seen each other for ages, it’s laughable.
Twats

• Haha
Reactions: 15
yes yes and triple yes to this!! and i always laugh when they say 'ages' too, when really they mean last year as you say!
and thank you :) It's weird as Megan is a thin lady but the way she used to style clothes felt inclusive of all sizes if that makes sense? I can't make sense of her outfits now!
No I totally agree. I’m a size 12/14 and pear shaped and I used to feel less intimidated by her style than other influencers (probably the massive amounts of jeans lol, can’t live without them - I wasn’t blessed with nice legs dammit). But her style recently has completely changed and become quite bizarre but not in an avant garde sense... just a bit odd n hodge podged.

Reactions: 5
No I totally agree. I’m a size 12/14 and pear shaped and I used to feel less intimidated by her style than other influencers (probably the massive amounts of jeans lol, can’t live without them - I wasn’t blessed with nice legs dammit). But her style recently has completely changed and become quite bizarre but not in an avant garde sense... just a bit odd n hodge podged.
Re her style. It's the CRAZY textiles teacher vibe, the one who has vodka in her water bottle to get through the day and picks up coloured tights and matching cord culottes saying "these will be fun, such fun" to herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
the way she dresses now reminds me of someone who'd wear all their clothes on the plane when they've overpacked their suitcase

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I always get the impression she reckons everyone secretly fancies George. I've been to Jimmy's when she's been there and she's always got one eye on the rest of the room, clocking everyone and doing some not so subtle shading. A real Regina George in a psychedelic tramps clothing

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Didn’t she say February! Could be March if she goes the two weeks over who really knows oh the suspense of everything all being hush hush hush lol! Remember guys the gram is just for her to roll in the grands! 💸💸💸💸

love how she acts like some a-list celeb lol

Reactions: 7
I always get the impression she reckons everyone secretly fancies George. I've been to Jimmy's when she's been there and she's always got one eye on the rest of the room, clocking everyone and doing some not so subtle shading. A real Regina George in a psychedelic tramps clothing
It's probably because at one point she was on the other side of that coin when he was with Diana V 😉

Reactions: 12
It's probably because at one point she was on the other side of that coin when he was with Diana V 😉
Does anyone think there was some crossover with Diana? Agree with the point that she thinks everyone fancies him though lol like giiiiirl you can have him 😂

Reactions: 15
Does anyone think there was some crossover with Diana? Agree with the point that she thinks everyone fancies him though lol like giiiiirl you can have him 😂
There was definitely a crossover, look back through the threads you'll see a timeline with screenshots, dates and all the evidence you need 🤣

Reactions: 11
Oh definitely! That's why she constantly flashes that engagement ring under the guise of showing off her mani. We get it girl, the guy who's career peaked when he was riding Emma Watson has chosen YOU

• Haha
There was 100% a crossover! Lots of evidence of it.

If anyone hasn’t read through the old ME threads you really must, they are a wild old ride. Holy duck.

Reactions: 9
There was 100% a crossover! Lots of evidence of it.

If anyone hasn’t read through the old ME threads you really must, they are a wild old ride. Holy duck.
Ah man, I’m gonna have to do a deep dive this weekend!

I know ultimately it was George that was in the wrong because he was the one in the relationship and blah blah but... surely it’s gotta take a special kind of shady girl to actively pursue a guy who she knows has a long term girlfriend that he lives with, right? :/ Says a lot about Megan i think.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry idk why I'm so pressed about a jacket. Probably because I really want it and have been searching for it second hand for over a year 😂 And I know I should probably post this on the Faye thread but since the jacket is from Megan, I thought I'd post here:

Screenshot_20210115-214358_Depop.jpg

1) Megan 100% owned this jacket and included it in her first house move decluttering video in 2019. I remember she said it went into her charity shop pile, which it obviously didn't because Wagatha got it
2) So not only did Faye get it for free, she's gone and sold it for £50 on Depop???

Who knows what happened to the rest of the stuff in the charity shop pile from the first move. Faye made a tidy £50 on Megan's old jacket. And I'm pretty sure she sells her gifted items too.

• Wow
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.