McFly, McBusted and Wives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really need to know if Charlie releasing music this week scared James off from releasing his album 😂There really is no comparison between the two.

I’d love to know what the real deal is with James and Charlie. I’ve always thought that the issues were between them and Matt just wasn’t really bothered with what was going on as he was dealing with serious substance abuse issues. Kind of an alpha move of Charlie to come along and release a song the same week James’ album was supposed to come out.

Reactions: 5
I really need to know if Charlie releasing music this week scared James off from releasing his album 😂There really is no comparison between the two.

I’d love to know what the real deal is with James and Charlie. I’ve always thought that the issues were between them and Matt just wasn’t really bothered with what was going on as he was dealing with serious substance abuse issues. Kind of an alpha move of Charlie to come along and release a song the same week James’ album was supposed to come out.
I presume they work on songs for a while with song writing, recording, music video's those things take time. So they either don't talk, or James bottled it realising the same time.

What is interesting is the quality Charlie has for promo, professional music video, photo shoot, livestream on YouTube etc.

James made a “lyric video” and the cover of his album was made off an old Instagram photo the single is colourful blobs and he’s done zero promo for it.

Charlie is funding his own project without a label and James is signed to a major label.

Reactions: 4
I see Harry copresented the one show this evening. did anyone see it? how did he do?

I can see presenting as a good possible career avenue for him

Reactions: 1
Rewatching America or Busted again - James really has not grown up at all, not one little bit.

I'm not surprised Kara didn't want anything to do with him not that long after it aired!

Reactions: 2
I see Harry copresented the one show this evening. did anyone see it? how did he do?

I can see presenting as a good possible career avenue for him
He did well I thought- he has a good manner for presenting I think it would be a good Avenue for him

What is interesting is the quality Charlie has for promo, professional music video, photo shoot, livestream on YouTube etc.

James made a “lyric video” and the cover of his album was made off an old Instagram photo the single is colourful blobs and he’s done zero promo for it.

Charlie is funding his own project without a label and James is signed to a major label.
Charlie has I sight and sense as to what will sell and what people want - James still thinks we are all still 14 in 1999 whereas everyone but him has grown up 😂

Reactions: 2

It truly baffles me that James has a record deal for this album.

There has to be a time limit on James' career though. Like, he can't be 50 still singing about the girl in school he's in love with that thinks he's a loser.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s a strange one with James - he actually has a publishing deal with the major label, as a songwriter, which he has been really quite successful as, weirdly. Part of his renewed deal was that he wanted to release some of his own stuff. The label obviously haven’t given much resources to it as they’ll know it’ll go nowhere.

He’s still got the writing to fall back on however, whereas is get the impression Charlie still harbours hopes of being a real rock star, which in reality is never gonna happen after being in a group like Busted.

It’s a strange one with James - he actually has a publishing deal with the major label, as a songwriter, which he has been really quite successful as, weirdly. Part of his renewed deal was that he wanted to release some of his own stuff. The label obviously haven’t given much resources to it as they’ll know it’ll go nowhere.

He’s still got the writing to fall back on however, whereas is get the impression Charlie still harbours hopes of being a real rock star, which in reality is never gonna happen after being in a group like Busted.
Oh that’s interesting about James’ publishing deal. It makes sense how he got a record deal for that album but doesn’t seem to have been given resources.

There has to be a time limit on James' career though. Like, he can't be 50 still singing about the girl in school he's in love with that thinks he's a loser.
All I can guarantee is that he will still be a loser by then 😂

James looks dirty, sweaty and bloated. Along with his weird high pitched squeaky voice and acting like he's a teenager - he's just gross.

Reactions: 8
James looks dirty, sweaty and bloated. Along with his weird high pitched squeaky voice and acting like he's a teenager - he's just gross.
His preferred style of music had a very short shelf life anyway. More credible artist with that similar sound like Sum 41 and even the likes of Avril Lavigne to an extent are still going and moved their style and sound on as they aged. James still thinks he’s in the skate park talking about Jackass

Reactions: 7
I think I said this before, but I think mentally James is stuck at 21.

I'm no expert but it's everything stopped that day busted broke up. His dream died and he reverted info staying that age hence his style, liking younger girls and his music.

I don't think he'll ever grow out of it to be honest.

I think I said this before, but I think mentally James is stuck at 21.

I'm no expert but it's everything stopped that day busted broke up. His dream died and he reverted info staying that age hence his style, liking younger girls and his music.

I don't think he'll ever grow out of it to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Matt and Charlie have grown in to adults, with families. James really looks ridiculous and pathetic.

Reactions: 10
Was never really into McFly but was a massive Busted fan. I don't think I'll properly forgive Charlie for the band ending. I'd have been interested to see how their music changed over the years.

Ultimately Busted were a pop band and Charlie was really unhappy with how they were marketed and viewed (you can really seen this in America or Busted). I think had the band stayed together they could have slowly moved into more mature, rockier and grown up sound.

I think James is a talented songwriter and musician generally (I am pretty sure he can play a number of instruments) but his preferred music style is pop punk which has it's moments of popularity. Charlie clearly wanted to move to a more mature rockier sound which I think is probably better for longevity. I think Matt was just happy to be making music and touring the world with Busted.

I agree with some of the comments about James, he does seem immature for his age and he probably is a bit stuck at the age and time Busted ended. He has been successful behind the scenes but I think he likes attention and the spotlight (as a musician rather than as Emily Canham's boyfriend on YouTube).

Charlie had quite a bit of success with Fightstar and is still making his own music. I wonder if the whole getting Busted back together might have been him wanting funds to make his new record.

I think Matt's career since Busted has been interesting, solo album, working in the West End, I'm a Celeb, acting roles and a podcast. I always liked Matt's singing voice but it is much stronger since he has been on the West End.

In terms of relationships between the three in think Matt and James were pretty close in the early days of Busted and I think they have stayed in contact and remain good friends due to what they went through together (Busted was originally their band) but their lives are at very different places. I don't think James and Charlie are close, I think Charlie sees James as immature. I'm not sure about Charlie and Matt, their lives are probably more similar both having settled down with children and I can see Matt being supportive of Charlie's career like he is with James's.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wait for them to elude to the 'dark' period they've been through in the last few years but still refuse to actually spill the tea on who or what was responsible for it.
Agree - it will no doubt reveal absolutely nothing 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.