McFly, Busted and Wives #2 All About The McMoney!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely just all in it for the money. I think they saw what they could make after the mcbusted popularity and think they can just keep doing that over and over.

I was a massive fan but I don't like their most recent stuff and won't be giving them money to listen to their old stuff for the millionth time.
Yeah. Basically I just need Harry judd in limited clothing now

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else get the impression the band aren't as close as they once were?. It's like they are work mates now.

Harry and Danny seem to have a friendship away from the band, otherwise they all seem to do stuff independently unless the band brings them together
Definitely. They used to be best mates but now it seems more like they’re work colleagues who happen to get along. I’ve noticed Danny and Harry seem close.

Reactions: 7
I feel like this round of McFly is just them trying to milk their old music for anything it has left, they're living in the past and not looking forward. For me, I guess I stopped being a fan when McBusted came around and McFly was dropped like a hot potato. I remember Tom in particular being quite snappy with fans about it. Does anyone remember he did a post surrounding Dougie performing with another band he was in at the time? I'm sure it was quite salty towards McFly fans.

I watched the TV documentary and honestly it just felt like they had gotten back together because of the sake of it. I think it was Tom that said he became obsessed with writing their next number one or a big hit and to be honest that just screamed 'I wanted to make more money' to be honest. I know this may seem like a rant towards Tom (I guess it probably is) but I feel like he just feels McFLY is HIS band because he's the 'songwriter'. Rightly or wrongly during the hiatus I was certain Tom was the reason they were not getting back together and I've seen nothing to prove me otherwise, I don't buy that it was all Dougie.

Without having met them I genuinely like the other guys - Danny has always been my favourite and I purchased his solo single (I didn't think much of it and I don't think his heart was in it). Harry I've always enjoyed and love his sense of humour especially when him and Danny get together and Dougie bless his heart he's just so non problematic in terms of drama I feel. I felt a bit sorry for him in the documentary, he's been in McFly from a very early age and probably feels like he could do with sacking it off to be honest. I'd be interested to know how much input he had with the decision to launch MTA... I see they're now offering a free month 🙄 for all I've just said, I am tempted to claim the free month but knowing me I will forget to cancel and I don't want to give them any encouragement 🙄

Reactions: 9
If mcbusted hasn’t happened then I think mcfly would’ve probably carried on with their small fan base playing the 1000/2000 capacity venues in what I call the academy scene and they would’ve probably been happy releasing and touring every now and again.

But mcbusted threw mcfly into limelight back to fame levels of the mid 2000’s when they first started out and guitar bands where dominating the charts. They were selling out areas in hours and adding more and more dates because of the demand. They toured with one direction who were one of the biggest bands on the planet at the time.

It’s quite clear now tom saw this and got greedy thinking he could have mcfly at those levels again.Unfortunately a lot of McFlys OG fans got sick of mcbusted really quickly (it was fun for a hot minute for nostalgia but got old real fast) and waiting for album 6 and seeing them release three different versions of what was essentially the same thing. They grew up and moved on because they weren’t teenagers anymore. Even any new fans they picked up supporting 1D will be almost in their 20’s now. Older fans don’t give a tit about all access behind the scenes content they have to pay for teenagers on the hand lap up that tit but the fandoms older now just release your songs and play a show or two and get on with it.

On side note about Dougie I often feel really sorry for him. It really does feel like mcfly and music is all he’s got. I know he’s done some environmental activism and the Dino poop books but it’s not much. I think people forget Dougie was a child when he joined that band and hasn’t really known anything else. He had to grow up real quick going from unknown school kid to pop star in a couple of months probably really fucked him up.

Reactions: 16
I think McBusted hit at the sweet spot where McFly and Busted's fans were becoming fully functional adults with disposable income with not much other financial responsibilities. We were all say 20-25, starting to get good careers, but probably still living at home so had the money to burn going to every show in your city and neighbouring cities, and staying over, then buying OMFG tickets
Now we're all older and can't just splash £50+ on tickets with barely any notice.

Totally agree Tom is greedy, and their demise is down to him

I feel sorry for Dougie (he is my fave as well!) I think he just needs to call on his Blink 182 connections with Travis Barker, and become a touring musician with him. Travis is doing tit loads of stuff right now bringing pop-punk back to the forefront and Dougie would fit right in, and he fits more into the pop-punk genre than McFly (Tom's) Beatles rip off tit. All of Dougie's songs he's led on have been boss - like Do Watcha for example was amazing! (editing to add - the live version of Do Watcha that's on YouTube, not the recording studio one)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think McBusted hit at the sweet spot where McFly and Busted's fans were becoming fully functional adults with disposable income with not much other financial responsibilities. We were all say 20-25, starting to get good careers, but probably still living at home so had the money to burn going to every show in your city and neighbouring cities, and staying over, then buying OMFG tickets
Now we're all older and can't just splash £50+ on tickets with barely any notice.
Hit the nail on the head about their peak. I followed them around the country, went to every gig i could, bought everything when I was working from 16/17/18 and then my job got more important, bills to pay, social life with friends at home. Would see them when they came to my town. Then i had kids and McFly was my last priority. When McBusted started, it felt like I was 18 again but then I started to save for a house and the kids become more demanding and expensive so it was short lived! Nowadays I cant even dream of going to a gig!

Reactions: 3
They finally made one MTA video public, I don’t actually see the point in the resurrection session, apart from the original being live it’s pretty much identical… I thought the would of changed it up a little, different instrumental and singing different parts as well.

Reactions: 3
They finally made one MTA video public, I don’t actually see the point in the resurrection session, apart from the original being live it’s pretty much identical… I thought the would of changed it up a little, different instrumental and singing different parts as well.

Danny’s voice though 😍 his voice is just light years ahead of Tom’s in my opinion, on all their new songs I found myself just waiting to hear his parts because it’s so much more enjoyable to the ears

Reactions: 9
Yeah I wish they stuck to their original album 6 plans and had only Danny singing

Reactions: 5
Harry's on 'Cooking with the Stars' (ITV) which starts in July.

So are Shirley Ballas and Denise Van Outen, Strictly alumni 😁

Emma Willis is co-hosting along with Tom Allen!

Reactions: 2
Harry's on 'Cooking with the Stars' (ITV) which starts in July.

So are Shirley Ballas and Denise Van Outen, Strictly alumni 😁

Emma Willis is co-hosting along with Tom Allen!
Oh, great. Another TV show I actually want to watch, and now am going to have to sit through with gritted teeth as Tom Allen presents it and his voice annoys me and goes right through me. 😑😑

Reactions: 6

I really wish they kept the 'Danny as frontman' format. Break Me is one of my favourite McFLY songs.

• Heart
Reactions: 4