Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish he’d shut up for a bit. I had to bail out of the Jack Monroe thread because of all her inane crap, I might have to do the same with this. They’re both utterly insufferable.

Reactions: 9
His efforts to seem ‘fun’ just make him come across as even more of a po faced pious twit. Imagine having to spend your Friday evening (incidentally I wish you all a lovely one 😘) drinking 1 gin and tonic and listening to Pitbull with Matt Plague 😨

Last edited:
  • Haha
Holiday ( excited tunnel - who is about to go away for a few days and see parentals for the first time since March 2020 🥺’s version)

A holiday can mean a multitude of things. A holiday from the mundanity of the 9-5. A holiday from your relationship or family . A holiday from the constant chatter inside your mind. If your are privileged enough to enjoy a holiday in these tumultuous times, take a moment to feel the Earth beneath your feet. Try not to look back in anger. Don’t go to space, don’t to go Spain. Watch a sunset over a castle on a hill.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Holiday ( excited tunnel - who is about to go away for a few days and see parentals for the first time since March 2020 🥺’s version)

A holiday can mean a multitude of things. A holiday from the mundanity of the 9-5. A holiday from your relationship or family . A holiday from the constant chatter inside your mind. If your are privileged enough to enjoy a holiday in these tumultuous times, take a moment to feel the Earth beneath your feet. Try not to look back in anger. Don’t go to space, don’t to go Spain. Watch a sunset over a castle on a hill.
I've gone on holiday today too! I plan on spending at least some of it standing in the sea. I will not keep my trainers on though

• Heart
Reactions: 3
2A79C6D6-E7B4-4FF8-8779-07334D59C73C.jpeg

Matt’s thinking about going on tour. Purely to see other humans though.

• Haha
Running through an injury is a bleeping stupid thing to do. Run through an injury and you can cause further injury and lasting health problems. How's your mental health going to turn out when you are limping up the stairs for the rest of your life and can't walk further than half an hour without being in pain.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
^ Yes and when I had clinical depression I could barely move, never mid run. He is so bloody reductive. & actually, anxiety and depression have tons of physical symptoms as well as mental so not even sure what he's droning on about tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
^ Yes and when I had clinical depression I could barely move, never mid run. He is so bloody reductive. & actually, anxiety and depression have tons of physical symptoms as well as mental so not even sure what he's droning on about tbh.
He is probably trying to make the point that physical exercise is good for your mental health (very true and I agree with it) but has gone around it in a way that leaves his point completely devoid of worth and open to being picked apart. Par for the course of brain dead Matt.

Mental health and physical health are pretty inherently linked but to sacrifice your physical health for your mental health is just going to open the door to mental health problems down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I can’t deal with how stupid he is. How can he complain about mental health being perceived as lesser, but also imply physical health is lesser? They’re both important and like @hollowcrown said, inherently linked. Prioritising one over the other (if both need attention, like his tweet implied) is not helpful.

Reactions: 13
he's deleted the tweet about bad reviews

anyway, I've been thinking about something

Extract from The Comfort Break Book
by kachoochoo, saviour of the world

Toothbrush

Imagine you are a toothbrush. Waiting patiently in your beaker on the sink. They say no toothbrush is an island. And yet, here you are. You anxiously await your twice daily moment to shine. And shine you do. Literally, you abrade teeth until they sparkle. Sparkle like Mr Sparkle, that detergent box Homer Simpson found at the tip. Don't put yourself in the tip. Keep smiling, like the smiles you keep sparkling

the rest of this page is intentionally blank

that'll be £600K please and thank you
You rang?

Just joining this thread, glad to know I'm not the only one who finds him insufferable on social media.

I really enjoyed "Notes on a Nervous Planet" as it helped me reframe the way I understand my anxious disposition. BUT, I am very glad to have read it before finding out how obnoxious he is as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Depression is not nice. It makes you feel sad. Exercise can help. Or not. It's your choice. I'm going to have an alcohol free gin. Or I might have a proper gin. Or I might not. Pasta is tasty. Especially with a sauce. Be Kind. Stay well. Eat some Bread. If you want. But you don't have to.

NUMBER 1 BESTSELLER, £22.99 + VAT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Jesus! Can’t believe how much of this thread I had to catch up on, I love to see it 👏

Why does anyone feel the need to tweet so much, all the time? The amount he deletes as well! He does seem seriously narcissistic and defensive, it seems to be snowballing at the moment.

As a few people have said, I have inane thoughts that pop into my head...but I don’t feel the need to tweet them. What is that about? It’s constant!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
hahahahahahahahahahahaha! babe, we've managed it over the last few pages. if knocking out a couple of lines on pasta and pizza is that hard, maybe you're just a bit thick

Screenshot_20210803-085226_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
and for some people, it's antidepressants and therapy that are our self care, but you seem determined to do them down while promoting all of the baths, breathing and platitudes that are your own mo.

it's not snobbery to say that the citalopram I take every day is more effective at treating my depression than a live laugh love poster, dumbass

Screenshot_20210804-193637_Twitter.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
and for some people, it's antidepressants and therapy that are our self care, but you seem determined to do them down while promoting all of the baths, breathing and platitudes that are your own mo.

it's not snobbery to say that the citalopram I take every day is more effective at treating my depression than a live laugh love poster, dumbass

View attachment 696537
God he is such an insufferable bleep! I couldn't agree more with you. I take Venlafaxine and pregabalin, I wouldn't be alive if I didn't. Yes, a warm bath and meditation also help me, but if I didn't take my meds, they would be useless and I would be dead.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

View attachment 696537
Totally agree. He can shove his self care up his arse. For a lot of us, our tough days consist of barely being able to function, let alone even think about having a bath. Must be nice for him in his twee MH world where nothing gets really bad, and the dark days are helped by bathing and eating comfort food. Ignorant twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 10