Mary Forester - Another Girls Life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like her with long hair! I see she's changed her insta handle again (_tryingtomum), I wonder if she'll be more dedicated to mummy posts rather than the random stories? I somehow can't see her being regular with her posting but I do enjoy watching her. I felt so sorry for her in one of her vlogs when she went to a mother and baby group day thing and they had to turn her away because they were full, she seemed so upset :(

Reactions: 1
I really like her with long hair! I see she's changed her insta handle again (_tryingtomum), I wonder if she'll be more dedicated to mummy posts rather than the random stories? I somehow can't see her being regular with her posting but I do enjoy watching her. I felt so sorry for her in one of her vlogs when she went to a mother and baby group day thing and they had to turn her away because they were full, she seemed so upset :(
Is she still with that twit? On his page you see no evidence of her or the baby...

Reactions: 1
Is she still with that twit? On his page you see no evidence of her or the baby...
Yeah she showed him in her latest vlog. I swear he was just rolling his eyes the minute the camera was on him and quickly changed his face, it made me laugh but I also didn't rewind it backwards because that was enough of his face for me. I don't follow his insta but how weird that there's absolutely no evidence of either! Come on you'd at least post your baby, even just a picture of their hands or feet!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I think she is attempting to become a #ad Mum on Instagram and YT. I've unfollowed - Gabe is beautiful but a year or two ago she'd have called out that type of explicit, greedy behaviour.

Reactions: 5
I think she is attempting to become a #ad Mum on Instagram and YT. I've unfollowed - Gabe is beautiful but a year or two ago she'd have called out that type of explicit, greedy behaviour.
I agree.. she would not have done this a little while back. Now see she is pushing round a gifted icandy....she is as bad as the rest of them.

In her bio it says something about a "Management" which seemed new to me. I guess her rebranding is connected to that.
She's always had management but not sure if this is a new one. I was always quite shocked in her old vlogs when I would see she had management because she wasn't very serious about YouTube.
And yeah she said she wouldn't show much of Gabe but I have seen him a fair bit, not as much as other Mum YouTubers or Instagrammers but I think it's quite a bit considering she said she didn't want to. Sadly I think you guys are right she is definitely wanting to cash in.

Ah, I really like Mary & I’ve enjoyed her parenting content since Gabe came along. Gifted pram aside I think she gives a true picture to what it’s like to be a first time Mum, it can be isolating & it takes courage to go to baby groups.

Yes maybe before Gabe arrived she would have called out this kind of behaviour but in comparison to the likes of Grace she most definitely is not selling out her new baby by being gifted a pram...hell the likes of Grace are doing so before they arrive!

She’s been gifted a pram so far, which is really generous and who can blame her to be honest, prams are expensive! I actually think it is the kind of pram she would have bought anyway & i Candy is a modern, sleek kind of brand which I could see her having anyway.

The other thing is, if she is Self Employed and now on Mat Leave then she would have taken a dip in her earnings as Statutory Mat Pay is terrible, so maybe she’s just looking for a bit of extra income to see her through. Which, again, I don’t blame her for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Ah, I really like Mary & I’ve enjoyed her parenting content since Gabe came along. Gifted pram aside I think she gives a true picture to what it’s like to be a first time Mum, it can be isolating & it takes courage to go to baby groups.

Yes maybe before Gabe arrived she would have called out this kind of behaviour but in comparison to the likeGrace she most definitely is not selling out her new baby, hell the likes of Grace are doing so before they arrive!

She’s been gifted a pram so far, which is really generous and who can blame her to be honest. I actually think it is the kind of pram she would have bought anyway.

I totally agree. I also tend to let her ads slide because I think she’s held down another job pretty much the entire time she’s been doing YouTube and I think that would send a lot of other “creators” into a spin.

Plus I imagine she’s just worried about money and I can’t blame anyone for that when they’ve just had a baby. Especially seeing as Hainsley is an “actor”

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I totally agree. I also tend to let her ads slide because I think she’s held down another job pretty much the entire time she’s been doing YouTube and I think that would send a lot of other “creators” into a spin.

Plus I imagine she’s just worried about money and I can’t blame anyone for that when they’ve just had a baby. Especially seeing as Hainsley is an “actor”
Exactly, even up until Gabe arrived she was working doing hair where she could and we know many self employed have suffered through this Pandemic, I don’t imagine her to be like the likes of Brogan Tate where she is claiming some self employed help whilst using the time off to do sod all.

In her latest video she shows she is gifted the pram and Snuzpod, which compared to loads of influencers is just a drop in the ocean. And like she said she was going to buy those items anyway. She isn’t braggy with it and she doesn’t beg for things like loads of others do. I do think she will only accept gifted things she is genuinely interested in and will continue to support her, as mother’s we only want what is best for our children. Personally I love her weekly vlogs and would definitely enjoy more content from her, mummy or not.

Reactions: 3
I do like Mary, although I've stopped watching her lately. Simply because the 'mummy content' isn't for me. I know she rarely shows her son in the vlogs, but I've also just outgrown her content. I used to enjoy her sense of humour more, years ago. Overall, still like her as a person.

It's weird she was pretty adamant she wouldn't vlog or show her baby when she was pregnant. She said she wanted to keep her privacy and to protect her baby...
But then, after she had the baby, she ended up showing him off anyway. For content, ads and better engagement, of course. Sure, she can change her mind, but I find it odd when influencers use their kids in that way.

Wondering if anyone still watches her? This thread has been quiet for a while so I was wondering if others felt like me.

Reactions: 4
I do like Mary, although I've stopped watching her lately. Simply because the 'mummy content' isn't for me. I know she rarely shows her son in the vlogs, but I've also just outgrown her content. I used to enjoy her sense of humour more, years ago. Overall, still like her as a person.

It's weird she was pretty adamant she wouldn't vlog or show her baby when she was pregnant. She said she wanted to keep her privacy and to protect her baby...
But then, after she had the baby, she ended up showing him off anyway. For content, ads and better engagement, of course. Sure, she can change her mind, but I find it odd when influencers use their kids in that way.

Wondering if anyone still watches her? This thread has been quiet for a while so I was wondering if others felt like me.
Honestly I'd watch her more if she was just bloody consistent on something!!! She rarely posts on YouTube or Instagram and when she does post on YouTube, it's a long vlog of her just bleeping talking and it's so boring if you don't have a child. Like I need her vlogs to be interesting or at least film montages or something. Gabriel is so cute, so I don't begrudge seeing his face but her vlogs are plain boring. I agree that it's weird she was saying she wouldn't show him and then she did, but that's influencers for you. Once they see the money it all changes, and honestly, I think it doesn't really matter, but no need to be all up on your high horse stating how you won't show them.

I know in one of her last vlogs she mentioned struggling going back to work and having to scale back her hours and I thought it was good she spoke about that. But my god she's boring and inconsistent, they just don't bode well together. At least when you come back have something good to show us.

Honestly I'd watch her more if she was just bloody consistent on something!!! She rarely posts on YouTube or Instagram and when she does post on YouTube, it's a long vlog of her just bleeping talking and it's so boring if you don't have a child. Like I need her vlogs to be interesting or at least film montages or something. Gabriel is so cute, so I don't begrudge seeing his face but her vlogs are plain boring. I agree that it's weird she was saying she wouldn't show him and then she did, but that's influencers for you. Once they see the money it all changes, and honestly, I think it doesn't really matter, but no need to be all up on your high horse stating how you won't show them.

I know in one of her last vlogs she mentioned struggling going back to work and having to scale back her hours and I thought it was good she spoke about that. But my god she's boring and inconsistent, they just don't bode well together. At least when you come back have something good to show us.
Yes, I also think she needs to be more consistent, that would really boost her channel, and make her more watchable. She definitely needs to brush up on the editing- make it more interesting! Or even show us more of what she's doing, like cooking, going out, doing her makeup, I don't know!

Yes, she is extremely boring! And doesn't seem to put real effort into her content.

Watching her vlogs really sucks the energy out of me, honestly. There's something very somber/sad about her videos, I can't explain it, but that's just how it makes me feel. I rarely see her upbeat or even smiling.

Sad to say, but I no longer enjoy her content.

Yeah she showed him in her latest vlog. I swear he was just rolling his eyes the minute the camera was on him and quickly changed his face, it made me laugh but I also didn't rewind it backwards because that was enough of his face for me. I don't follow his insta but how weird that there's absolutely no evidence of either! Come on you'd at least post your baby, even just a picture of their hands or feet!
Sorry, I know this post is old but I just had to go find that video to see what you're talking about. I saw it! He definitely rolls his eyes and looks so annoyed, until he realises the camera is on him. Awkward.

I was about to say in my previous post, that I used to enjoy the banter between them, but now I take that back! 😅 I guess he really hated being filmed, which is fair enough! Mostly interesting because he's an actor, so I don't think it's him being camera shy. But I do get not everyone wants to be on YouTube. Would be nice if he supported her more, though.

Also checked out his IG, as you guys are saying he doesn't post her or the baby. I do also find that weird, almost as if he's trying to hide her?

Last edited:
Totally agree with feeling deflated after watching her videos. I pretty much stopped watching once she became pregnant.

She's always seemed lost in her real-life career, so has always come across like a wannabe (full-time) influencer. She made connections with all the right people (Sammi, Grace, Claire, Estee...) and seems slightly resentful that it hasn't happened for her on a huge scale. People liked her videos because she was open and relatable, so her 'aspirational' Instagram aesthetic never really aligned with her brand either.

Re the boyfriend - she's been with him since she was about 19. They made a video discussing why they weren't married yet and it was incredibly awkward. I don't think they'd still be together if H had his 'big break'. There was also a video about content creators/podcasters they enjoy and they mentioned a couple of right-wing social commentators. Everyone is entitled to their own political views, but it said a lot about the types of conversations they have in private; it was a big turn-off for me. Of course, she's deleted most of her old videos.

Reactions: 8
@d0llhouse

I watched throughout her whole pregnancy, but stopped watching after the baby reveal video.

I didnt get resentful vibes from her tbh, but I do feel like she peaked when she made connections with those girls. Her content went a bit downhill after her friendship fallout with Grace. She never seemed the same after that.

I didn't know she made a video addressing marriage. Yes I noticed she deleted so many old videos! I wonder why?

I think she wants to move on to the next stage of her life and relationship with him, so having a baby was something she wanted. With that being the biggest live commitment, I'm sure she does want to get married. But maybe it's him who isn't ready. They live together anyway, and together for a long time. I think they have already taken all the major steps.

Sidenote: I've just looked up where Hainsley's from. It just says he's Caribbean. This explains everything lol. Culturally, marriage isn't essential, and I've seen a lot of Caribbean unmarried couples together for 30+ years, with kids. I'm talking about older people, nevermind the younger ones who are even less traditional.

Re the marriage video - they were in the car Q&A-style, but she used 'why we're not married' (or similar) in the title as clickbait. She did most of the talking and kept looking at him for reassurance. It was awkward, embarrassing and unnecessary because if he proposed, she would obviously say yes! They are not married because he hasn't asked - no shame, just reality. She kept saying that a mortgage was a bigger priority than marriage for them, but there were a bunch of comments reminding her that a wedding really doesn't have to be expensive. Tbh I would have deleted the video too.

I wish her well, I just don't think she's where she wants to be. As a starting point, she should decide if she wants to do YT on the side as a hobby, or commit to it as a side-hustle and post consistently.

Reactions: 3
Re the marriage video - they were in the car Q&A-style, but she used 'why we're not married' (or similar) in the title as clickbait. She did most of the talking and kept looking at him for reassurance. It was awkward, embarrassing and unnecessary because if he proposed, she would obviously say yes! They are not married because he hasn't asked - no shame, just reality. She kept saying that a mortgage was a bigger priority than marriage for them, but there were a bunch of comments reminding her that a wedding really doesn't have to be expensive. Tbh I would have deleted the video too.

I wish her well, I just don't think she's where she wants to be. As a starting point, she should decide if she wants to do YT on the side as a hobby, or commit to it as a side-hustle and post consistently.
That impression I always got. She always seemed together with him on camera much more insecure/giggly/reassuring,... Maybe it's normal to a certain point that you are different if you've got someone besides you but somehow it didn't seem healthy.

Despite me not being totally in love with the baby content, I love how in love she is with Gabe. Other influencers I've followed in the past with babies seem more stressed out and a bit resentful. Mary has settled into being a parent which is interesting, but she seems like a wonderful mum. I did laugh at her suddenly saying colourful plastic toys and prints for kids doesn't annoy her now.

Gabe is so frikkin adoarable!