Marvel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think its already started. Anecdotal, but all the marvel fans I know have been underwhelmed with nearly everything since endgame and was chatting to a friend earlier who said same as me, that none of the comic con announcements were particularly interesting

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I used to get really excited at the announcements now I just weren’t that bothered. I loved Chris Evans’ captain America and I weren’t that bothered about the new world order announcement

Reactions: 3
Yeah, I used to get really excited at the announcements now I just weren’t that bothered. I loved Chris Evans’ captain America and I weren’t that bothered about the new world order announcement
Agree, Chris Evans is captain America as far as I'm concerned. In fact they got the casting so right for the original avengers its almost an impossible task to match them. It's not helped that I just don't think Anthony mackie has the talent or on screen charisma/presence to be such a major character, and that was even before he was made captain. Must be better black actors out there who could play the role, Anthony doesn't compare to say chadwick bosman who was so brilliant as black panther.

I watched Thor: Love & Thunder last night and whilst I thought it was alright, it was nowhere near as good as the other standalone films. It felt like they were trying a bit too hard to be funny. I think it’ll be hard for them to ever top Infinity War and Endgame again. I don’t think a stand alone film will ever top the likes of Winter Soldier again either

don’t get me started on She Hulk 😳

I am excited for the thunderbolts movie though - it’s bringing some interesting characters together?

Guardians of the galaxy Christmas special now on Disney plus
Was planning to watch it tonight but it’s the football isn’t it 😩 how long is it do you know?

Just googled it and it’s only 45 mins so I’ll be watching when the footy finishes 🙌

Was planning to watch it tonight but it’s the football isn’t it 😩 how long is it do you know?

Just googled it and it’s only 45 mins so I’ll be watching when the footy finishes 🙌
Yeah 45 mins but a bit less due to credits

Marvel are putting out too much content and it's all been watered down and is now just a big circle jerk for 'fans'.
Dr Strange 2 wasn't particularly good, and the multiverse
Black Panther 2 was a dragged out snore fest.

Marvel are putting out too much content and it's all been watered down and is now just a big circle jerk for 'fans'.
Yeah I agree. Shang chi is the only marvel thing in recent years I've genuinely enjoyed

They got away with it when it was all the well known marvel characters and the avalanche of content, because you didn't need to be a comic book fan to still know of them.

But now they are on to the less well known characters, unless you're a Marvel comics fan, which not every MCU fan will be. You've got to really want to commit now, to learn new characters and commit to films for characters you don't know.

And it's very clear the content is struggling to connect with audiences.

Since Endgame, there hasn't been anything like the same buzz around a MCU film except for Spiderman, which let's be honest had the buzz because it was Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland together, which was great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
They got away with it when it was all the well known marvel characters and the avalanche of content, because you didn't need to be a comic book fan to still know of them.

But now they are on to the less well known IP, unless you're a Marvel comics fan, which not every MCU fan will be. You've got to really want to commit now, to learn new characters and commit to films for characters you don't know.

And it's very clear the content is struggling to connect with audiences.

Since Endgame, there hasn't been anything like the same buzz around a MCU film except for Spiderman, which let's be honest had the buzz because it was Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland together, which was great.
I agree, and even spiderman I found to be the weakest of the mcu spiderman films. Once you get passed the excitement of the three actors teaming up, I don't find much rewatchability in it compared to the first two

Reactions: 3