Marvel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if there is already a dedicated Marvel thread! But I always want to talk about Marvel and no one in real life wants to listen 🤣🤣 so if there's anyone else who feels the same please join in 👋🏼😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I love marvel and people at work look at me like I’m the weirdo.
I honestly think it lost its magic when End Game finished. I saw Dr Strange but I’ve not really bothered with the others. Thor looks pretty funny.
Did you watch the series? I thought they were terrible.

• Heart
Did you watch the series? I thought they were terrible.
the only one I liked was Wandavision. I cried at the end 🥲 I really like Elizabeth Olsen I think she’s a really good actress

Far From Home was good and the new Doctor Strange was okay as well. I don’t really like Benedict Cumberbatch 😅 but again I really like Elizabeth Olsen in it. I think with how big Endgame was, how much was happening in it, it’ll be hard to top. Stand alone films won’t be as good or as big

the eternals and Shang-chi were rubbish 😬

I used to really like Marvel but I feel now you need to be really invested across multiple platforms to watch them! I don’t feel you could just go to the cinema to see a new Marvel release without having seen two seperate series and various other films about different characters.

Reactions: 1
You are my people 🙌😂

I agree, Endgame was literally the end of an era. I kind of wish they stopped after that because it's just not the same any more. I did love no way home, LOVED wandavision I was SO invested in that it was amazing. I didn't mind Falcon and the Winter Soldier because it was like the old school type Marvel stuff. I really want to see Thor but apart from that, I could easily leave everything else. I HATE the multiverse stuff and I don't understand the TVA (although I'm glad Loki is still kicking around) 😂 I think it's all getting too confusing, they should have left the time travel stuff with the time heist.

I like marvel, but not massively into it which makes the need to watch all the interlinked movies and TV series a pain.

Like the captain America, ant man, and spiderman movies. Love the first and third thor films, second wasn't great but am looking forward to love and thunder. Enjoy guardians of the galaxy too. Also really loved Shang Chi, so fresh from everything else, and good to have the female lead who wasn't just the love interest. The final battle scene was a bit meh, but the characters and overall film I really enjoyed

Really didn't enjoy Dr strange 2 and was even more shocked at how poor some of the cgi was in it.

Controversially I don't really rate the avengers movies, I think the individual hero focused movies are usually better. All the disney plus TV shows I've seen have been disappointing tbh so I stopped watching now. Last one I tried was Moonknight, which I loved at the start but even that got boring. I find the multiverse stuff off putting as it's either overly complicated, ridiculous or just comes across as a bit up its own arse.

I like marvel, but not massively into it which makes the need to watch all the interlinked movies and TV series a pain.

Like the captain America, ant man, and spiderman movies. Love the first and third thor films, second wasn't great but am looking forward to love and thunder. Enjoy guardians of the galaxy too. Also really loved Shang Chi, so fresh from everything else, and good to have the female lead who wasn't just the love interest. The final battle scene was a bit meh, but the characters and overall film I really enjoyed

Really didn't enjoy Dr strange 2 and was even more shocked at how poor some of the cgi was in it.

Controversially I don't really rate the avengers movies, I think the individual hero focused movies are usually better. All the disney plus TV shows I've seen have been disappointing tbh so I stopped watching now. Last one I tried was Moonknight, which I loved at the start but even that got boring. I find the multiverse stuff off putting as it's either overly complicated, ridiculous or just comes across as a bit up its own arse.
I'm sorry WHAT you don't like the Avengers films 😱 they're the best ones 😂😂

Agreed though, I got bored of Moonknight and Ms Marvel 🥱

I'm sorry WHAT you don't like the Avengers films 😱 they're the best ones 😂😂

Agreed though, I got bored of Moonknight and Ms Marvel 🥱
Haha for me I like good stories and while none of the marvels are overly story focused, the avengers movies especially tend to be weak on that front, I think due to shoehorning so many things and characters in. I've just rewatched the first two, first one is OK, fell asleep during the second one lol will rewatch the final two shortly and see how I enjoy those

Unfortunately marvel has become a victim of its own success. The original origin movies (iron man 1/2. Thor and Captain America) make fantastic stand alone films. You don’t need to have seen 10 other movies and 5 tv series to be able to enjoy them. These days if you haven’t seen one of the films you’re lost because of the plot references. It’s worse now you’ve got Disney plus exclusives.
They’ve lost the magic they used to have sadly.

Reactions: 6
Mine is Civil War (controversial I know😂) I just love how all the separate stories weave together into that film. That's why I love the avenger ones, it kind of makes you feel part of the whole thing when they all come together in a big storyline. I feel like there's too many different storylines/characters to have that same affect now 😭😭

I've never been a huge fan of superhero films, whether modern Marvel & DC, or old classics like the original Superman's or whatever. Never hugely enjoyed them.

I've seen the Thor film (for Chris Hemsworth) and I've seen the first two Tom Holland Spiderman films (for Tom Holland), I don't love any of them. They're fine though.

But from an outside perspective of not following either Marvel or DC, the DC universe has never really got itself off the ground and got going in the same way as Marvel for various reasons. Maybe less well known IP compared to Marvel not helping as well as production issues and crap films.

Marvel had this huge explosion of more well known IP characters for this first 10 years with Thor/Look/Iron Man/Captain America etc. And the Avengers integration allowed that cinematic universe in a natural way, and DC weren't able to succeed in their Suicide Squad integration in the same way.

But Marvel now since the end of the Avengers era seems to be running out of steam. The characters are no longer the well known IP and the more interlinked the films/series are becoming the harder it is for someone new to join the viewing and the harder it is for people to keep up in terms of how much they need to watch. And all the stories seem to be so seperate and different how can they all link together etc. It just seems even harder to follow and keep up with it all from my outside perspective.

For whatever reasons the newer films aren't getting the same reception as earlier ones. Whether it's story based, theme based, character based I don't know. It just seems to me that it's gonna run out of steam and in a few years could need to be rested as people become fatigued by it all.

Just watched Infinity War and enjoyed it more than last time so I guess I dong completely dislike the avengers lol

Batman is probably my all time favourite superhero and i do like the darker tone of DC but I'm not a big fan of modern realistic batman. To me Batman is Tim Burtons Gotham or the Batman animated series.

I don't think all of the new phase of marvel is weak (shang chi was particularly strong), but it's definitely more inconsistent with less strong characters. Also the original avengers were so perfectly cast. I have no interest in the falcon as captain America. Marvel also lacks good villains, DC has far stronger villains.

It took me days to get through Eternals because I kept falling asleep. I laughed at the Ikaris reveal when he appeared from the shadows to help out early on in the film. A straight copy and paste from the Cap moment in Endgame but it fell flat for me. Entirely forgettable film with the exception of our snowy boy (Dane) and setting up that storyline.

I can’t see this phases hero’s joining together for a big fight.

YES! Finally a marvel thread!

I agree with many of the comments above in that Endgame was just so mega that of course phase 4 is an inevitable lull. I do think they’re making a mistake in having so many series on Disney+ too - it makes you feel as if you’re constantly having to watch a new marvel series to be in the loop and it’s overwhelming. BUT I will always love marvel and I regularly go to the cinema alone to watch the films :ROFLMAO:

Having said the slightly negative stuff above, I’ve read a lot about what they’re probably building up to (secret wars) and if true, it’s going to top Endgame because absolutely everyone who’s ever been in a marvel film will be able to be in it. With all the multiverse stuff that just has to be the direction they’re going in and I think it’ll be mega.

I think the risk they are running is marvel burn out and a cheapening of the brand. Marvel movies used to be an event, now you have one (or a TV series) practically every month.

I got into Marvel really late - close to the end of the infinity saga. I love the Avengers films, they’re my favourite. But since the infinity saga ended and we moved into a new phase I just can’t keep up. There’s soooo much to watch, I can’t get my head around it. It makes me wish they had ended with endgame.

Seeing on social, they're in Phase 4 and Phases 5&6 have already been announced. It's just too much. Fatigue is gonna be setting in hard in the near future.