Martina’s Mark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another desperate housewife selling her kids privacy for the gram. Pristine kitchen, size 0 5mins after giving birth, freebies and failed photo shops,

Reactions: 4
I don’t think the lifestyle she actually lives matches the gram . Know the hubby and he most certainly does not match 😂

• Haha
This one's house makes me laugh - it's all done by an interior designer. Zero creativity, individuality or personality. Even the ornaments were picked by the interior designer. Nothing at all against getting an interior designer- just don't try and portray yourself as an interiors blogger when none of it is your own work

Reactions: 10
I don’t follow her but I think the pics in the kitchen are hilarious … standing in the spot with the same pose … but why is that bottom drawer in the kitchen always slightly open. Now that would get on my nerves big time.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t follow her but I think the pics in the kitchen are hilarious … standing in the spot with the same pose … but why is that bottom drawer in the kitchen always slightly open. Now that would get on my nerves big time.
Gas! It always bugs me that’s it’s open too 😂

That ugly white and blue vase looking ornament was on her kitchen counter one day and outside on the ground next to her lounging the next 😂 so odd!

• Haha
I came over here for a nose from the Sarah Battle thread. Hadn’t heard of Martina but had a scroll through - one of the things I spotted - the same bloody lamp that moves around the Battle house 🤣🤣🤣
What would we do without them for entertainment!😂

Reactions: 3
I came over here for a nose from the Sarah Battle thread. Hadn’t heard of Martina but had a scroll through - one of the things I spotted - the same bloody lamp that moves around the Battle house 🤣🤣🤣
The impracticality of it all is hilarious - that 'styling' just looks ridiculous! Who leaves a lamp in the middle of a counter blocking a press door and a vase of flowers for one of her children to pull down on themselves?? The mind boggles 🙄

The impracticality of it all is hilarious - that 'styling' just looks ridiculous! Who leaves a lamp in the middle of a counter blocking a press door and a vase of flowers for one of her children to pull down on themselves?? The mind boggles 🙄
The Botox must be affecting their brains 🙏

That ugly white and blue vase looking ornament was on her kitchen counter one day and outside on the ground next to her lounging the next 😂 so odd!
Hopefully she stuck it in the bin cos it’s kinda ugly.

• Haha
They all have it, think Cherington got one too, it’s Ireland’s most exclusive club don’t you know😜 But in Martina’s defense, she did a ‘review’ a few weeks after she got it and more or less said it was a waste of money, advised anyone thinking of buying the lamp (as if!🙄) not to bother… and I have seen her make similar remarks about other things, so at least she admits not everything is perfect. But the constant fawning over ‘Sarah Louise Interiors’ and the shelves stacked with meaningless ornaments do my nut in TBH.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can't understand how she got her following? I've liked some of her clothing style but she is the most boring person alive! Her boring greige house! She has 2 small children and it never looks like children live there. I felt bad for her youngest when she "decorated" her room. It was so bland, not for a little girl at all. She uses terrible heavy filtering. When she says she's excited about something she sounds like she just came back from a funeral. She uses her youngest and pregnacy as interesting content. I can't make it through one 15 second story I have to skip them. How do so many follow her??

I can't understand how she got her following? I've liked some of her clothing style but she is the most boring person alive! Her boring greige house! She has 2 small children and it never looks like children live there. I felt bad for her youngest when she "decorated" her room. It was so bland, not for a little girl at all. She uses terrible heavy filtering. When she says she's excited about something she sounds like she just came back from a funeral. She uses her youngest and pregnacy as interesting content. I can't make it through one 15 second story I have to skip them. How do so many follow her??
SunnyKat I couldn't agree more - those girls bedrooms are like something out of a furniture showroom. There is no warmth or fun there at all.

I started following her originally as I liked some of the fashion she wore and outfits she put together but when she started moving into interiors (something I'm really passionate about) I stopped following. I'm not interested in another bland account owned by someone with no talent in that area. Know your lane and stick to it!

Even with the accounts I follow for interiors, I usually unfollow when there is a baby announcement as that's usually what the account then becomes about- and for me personally its not relevant or relatable

She really should just stick to her fashion lane! If she didn't speak and just showed fashion I might actually like her!

I love interiors as well, but I prefer warmth, spaces that are comfortable, inviting and have some life and character. Which is completely opposite of her cold, unlived in house. And she didn't do any of the decorating herself so I don't understand how she associates herself as an interiors account.

I could understand it more if she was one of the first to do a house renovation - that might be helpful to others (especially in an Irish context) but she's not. There are plenty of other Irish interior accounts out there, some good, some bad. BUT at least they are their own. Calling yourself an interiors blogger/ influencer when you can't even pick your own ornaments is a farce. Even her q&a on interiors was 'Sarah Louise Ineriors' this and 'Sarah Louise Interiors' that. If she had done the q&a with Sarah Louise it would gave been better, she could have left the technical questions to her and answered questions like 'how much input did you have' and 'what's it like to work with an interior designer' or 'how much of your budget did having an interior designer take' herself. That would have been original but like so many other Instahuns there is no creativity or work put into it. Staging a few photos isn't going to cut it when the platform is saturated with hundreds more like you.

And then she gets collabs based on her interiors content. I genuinely don't get it 🤷🏻‍♀️ As a company I would want someone genuine representing my brand. As for followers, clearly there are a lot of sheep out there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.