Martha - Marthashappilyeverafter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think martha could be a very successful influencer if she focused on interiors and clothing. She could show clothes she buys for the kids without actually having the kids model them. I've most enjoyed her chats about her car house and the odd make up or clothing haul she did back in the day. She has a chance to increase her engagement with this fab new rented mansion, but it would take work and creativity to really make it sing, and I'm not convinced that martha has that dedication in her. I think she sees insta as a get rich quick scheme that enables her to be a sahm. The husband is capable of doing a lot of home improvements himself so between them if they put their minds to its they could have a successful insta career without the kids. But it would definitely take work and ingenuity on their parts.

I think her attitude has changed since it was revealed she hadn't actually bought the house. I think that's more likely to have soured insta for her than any enlightening article on the realities of selling your kids online. People have known for years that it is very risky to put pictures of children on the internet. They didn't need this new article to tell them that.
Totally agreed, I think when she’d realised that people felt she was disingenuous about the whole move (keeping it secret/then being exposed for not being clear about it being rented) and she got “found out” I think she lost her way as she didn’t want to address it or didn’t seem to want to. She would be a lot more likeable if she owed her mistakes, admitting she sells her kids but now realises it probably is bad idea (duh), not being totally transparent with the move...but as always when these people are challenged they suddenly demand the right to privacy when they’ve spent years selling their soul.

Reactions: 5
This is what we have been saying all along. Most of us in this thread have previously enjoyed following her, when she was in the cottage and there were less ads etc.

The child heavy #ads and weird photos (especially that one of the kid on a chair at the kitchen counter😐) made me realise money came before the kids, but I still liked them as a family.

Then, mid life crisis sk8r boy foamed at the mouth and that made me think, well you can’t really have it both ways. Pimp your kids out, be disingenuous... but expect not to be accountable.

Finally I saw the lack of respect for people who’ve taken the time to follow her, when she replied to that Instagram comment refuting that she has a responsibility to be transparent.

Obviously I don’t mind the odd, well placed, relevant ad. Maybe her content going forward will be more interior focussed as she makes changes to the farm house. The red tiles in the kitchen for one, need to go in a skip, stat.

Hopefully she finds some better content than generic boring mum quip followed by “where’s the wine?” though....

Reactions: 8
Totally jumping on the bandwagon - there's a few of them at it today

These people are pathetic, anyone who has called them out for this in the past have been labelled as trolls, but now you have a magazine editorial and celebs talking about it, of course they have a valid point.

These people are morally bankrupt, superficial etc etc do they not think people are not that thick and can see right through their bullshit.

I can't believe she posted that considering how much she has violated her children's privacy to line her own pockets

Unmumsy mum is another one , plus UGG, Mrs Meldrum, LJC , Suzy Verill - what a bunch of selfish idiots
You are 100% spot on. UGG posted this but continually posts her own kids?! Am I missing something? Used to follow her, haven’t for a while, but she showed such intimate moments of her kids (“tantrums”, shaming any ‘bad’ behaviour, baths etc) - what a hypocrite 🤣 Same as unmumsy who is also loved on here. Martha and UGG are friends so doubt v much she will take aim at her post anyway. I think Martha’s older kids have said they don’t want to be online anymore and that’s the real reason she doesn’t post them as much. Bet they would hate if they understood their old pictures are there for thousands to see.

Edited to add / children don’t belong on these public social media pages. If you were to film any adult unaware (because children are unaware, they can’t possibly understand what their parents are doing posting pictures and videos thousands of strangers), all of them would say no. Really bothers me these parents don’t understand this basic level of protecting their children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Her insta break for the holidays is going well.......

Now posting the latest post on stories to try and boost likes as it’s failing miserably. It’s probably one of the most boring posts I’ve seen in a while....a plain window seat in front of some dirty windows. I guess the kitten isn’t as insta worthy as she’d hoped for.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Her insta break for the holidays is going well.......

Now posting the latest post on stories to try and boost likes as it’s failing miserably. It’s probably one of the most boring posts I’ve seen in a while....a plain window seat in front of some dirty windows. I guess the kitten isn’t as insta worthy as she’d hoped for.
Ah but in true Martha style at least he was #gifted 🤮

Reactions: 3
100%! Is there absolute proof it’s rented ? It seems a bit silly they would do this and not expect people to find out ? Why doesn’t she just mention it , so many comments gushing about how they can’t wait to see what she does with it , I find it all a little odd?
The same reason Hunters and Heels never declared they were renters. She used to live in a barn conversion in Cheshire (sounds fancy but it wasn’t a great area but she used to hang out in Knutsford a lot so people would assume she lived very near there) and when they moved to Herefordshire she even mentioned details about the people who had ‘bought it‘ and how she hoped they loved it as much as they had! Truth was it was rented and so is the place she moved to! No one cares, it is the pretence that is the problem!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
The worse ive seen is blossoming birds shes shocking
Agree, she is horrendous, everything is gifted And her children used all the time! One of the all time worst blaggers though is Blog Me Beautiful, if she has ever bought her kids anything or paid for a day out with them I would be shocked! Even her exercise classes are all free (having previously had free David Lloyd membership and some weird workout suit at home with PT for her and her hubby) - pilates nearly everyday for nothing in gifted Swetty Betty outfits. She is the most shameless I have come across And she is a biology teacher at a private school so you would think would know better!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The same reason Hunters and Heels never declared they were renters. She used to live in a barn conversion in Cheshire (sounds fancy but it wasn’t a great area but she used to hang out in Knutsford a lot so people would assume she lived very near there) and when they moved to Herefordshire she even mentioned details about the people who had ‘bought it‘ and how she hoped they loved it as much as they had! Truth was it was rented and so is the place she moved to! No one cares, it is the pretence that is the problem!
I’d never heard of Hunters and heals! I’ve just had a nosey because you put she is from Herefordshire (as am I) and I see on her account she’s from Ledbury (as am I)!! Small world!

Reactions: 2
cant stand blog me beautiful isnt her brother in law in tv show Made in Chelsea

Reactions: 1
701F8B27-266D-482F-B46C-3F2E3D05D976.png

I thought she said before about how they always used milk and more, or a similar company? That plastic bottle in the background doesn’t look very milk man friendly.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
hahaha 🤣 and since she said she was taking a break shes been more active on insta then she has in weeks!
desperately trying to rebrand herself as interiors and lifestyle as she’s decided not to flog the kids anymore.....

• Heart
  • Haha
I wonder were the "taking a break" stories intended to increase or encourage engagement? Shes far more active now than recent weeks

desperately trying to rebrand herself as interiors and lifestyle as she’s decided not to flog the kids anymore.....
Yes I think she read a thread on here where someone said she could be a successful interiors account and then put up loads of half hearted stories about some curtains and affiliated link cushions....

Bbq night....oh Martha get over yourself and stick some burgers and sausages on it like everyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes I think she read a thread on here where someone said she could be a successful interiors account and then put up loads of half hearted stories about some curtains and affiliated link cushions....

Bbq night....oh Martha get over yourself and stick some burgers and sausages on it like everyone else.
It doesn’t even look nice! Those wedges look raw.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
When she did the footage of the meal laid out on the table, I just thought wtf? Well that’s a let down! Looked so plain and boring! She doesn’t have a clue really, does she?!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.