Married At First Sight UK S6 - E4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By request, a thread dedicated to *UK* Series 6 which starts on E4 on Monday 30th August at 9pm!

It's being trailered now and looks excellent, proper chav fest.

I understand this series will be far more like the Australian series than the British series 1-5 were.

Probably don't watch the following videos if you don't want any spoilers at all yet.

From what I can see in the schedule, MAFS UK will run on E4 on Mondays-Thursdays at 9pm. Launch show is 90 mins, thereafter they're 60 mins, with some of them 75 mins which may be the dinner parties and so on? Plus a scattering of repeats daytime and early hours on Fri/Sat/Sun.

There is also an hour long "Married at First Sight : Afters" programme on Thursdays right after the main show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I’m always skeptical of things like this after the popularity of the Australian one last year, and even Love Island. Do you think it’ll actually be real, or people just looking for fame?

Reactions: 12
I can't wait for this! I watch it the morning after with my coffee as I try to wake up. The Aus one was absolute trash but I'm here for it :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m always skeptical of things like this after the popularity of the Australian one last year, and even Love Island. Do you think it’ll actually be real, or people just looking for fame?
i moaned about this on whats annoying you thread.

100% they have gone down the love island route of using people who are fame bleep wannabes, esp after the success of the australian one. Its a shame as it was one of the rare ‘reality’ type shows I liked,

definitely won’t be watching this one

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Definitely fame bleep wankers. But that's the way that every reality show goes by the third series or so? The Apprentice, Big Brother etc - all very different in their first series to what came after once people had cottoned on to them as ways to get exposure.

Reactions: 10
Thanks for the thread.... mmm only watched the ladies... started off bad last 2 girls seem ok... you can get an idea of the pairings already 😁😁😁

Reactions: 3
As I said on the Mafs Australia thread...
c4c8c2d42aaa8a25ddf98c9b078afd3e--waiting-meme-scrapbooking-journal.jpg

I don't care how trashy it is. Bring it on 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I love this program, the UK version was always my fave, I have read that it's going to be more like the aussie version but I found that way over the top hope they don't ruin it

Agree with the love island stuff. I watched a few introductions and just sighed

the UK version of MAFS tends to be more serious than other versions and therefore a bit more interesting if you’re not just looking for the constant drama between two people who have clearly been matched to annoy each other. I know that it’s too early to judge how this will go on the matching front but the introduction videos don’t give me much hope tbh

• Sad
Just watched the trailers and I have some thoughts.

First of all, I want to check the birth certificates of some of the brides as I wasn't convinced. Oh, at all.

Secondly, one of the brides is wearing this hideous beige lipstick, as if her awful hair wasn't already bad enough. You're not Julie Christie! I really hope they're given hair and makeup for the big day.

Thirdly, given the disparity of men and women we must be getting a gay couple! I couldn't work out which two they are as a few of the grooms used "partner/they" so I assume they want us to play Guess the Gay until the premiere.

Fourthly, I'm in. Like Marie Kondo, I love mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
i moaned about this on whats annoying you thread.

100% they have gone down the love island route of using people who are fame bleep wannabes, esp after the success of the australian one. Its a shame as it was one of the rare ‘reality’ type shows I liked,

definitely won’t be watching this one
Completely agree. I’m really disappointed they’ve gone down this route too. We see enough of these fame bleep pricks on every other show on tv. Obviously none of these marriages are gonna last

Reactions: 13
I'm ready 🙌🏻 I normally hate reality TV but me and my friend got hooked on the Aus one earlier this year.
I'm absolutely aware that E4 have purposefully gone down the route of emulating the drama-filled Aussie version because they saw the viewing figures and their eyes went 💰💰

Reactions: 12
Looking forward to this series although I haven’t watched any of the trailers. Think I will be disappointed they’ve gone down the ‘wannabe insta-famous’ route, but last series was so boring they definitely needed to shake things up a bit

Looking forward to this series although I haven’t watched any of the trailers. Think I will be disappointed they’ve gone down the ‘wannabe insta-famous’ route, but last series was so boring they definitely needed to shake things up a bit
Yes I agree, but do have a horrible feeling it's going to be way overboard with folks just wanting their 15 mins of fame!
Time will tell :ROFLMAO:

I hope there's some partner swapping going on like in the Australian version. That always makes my jaw drop.

Reactions: 8
Yes, this will be full of fame wannabe wankers but the programme needed spicing up. The previous UK versions were dry. The Aussie ones are just lit and drama filled. So bring on the car crash lol!

Reactions: 8
Oooo I was hoping there’s was a MAFS UK thread. The MAFS Aus thread was epic! Bring it on!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.