Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Enpen45

Jonesy reminds me of one of those men who tries to chat you up in a bar and when you say no thanks he calls you ugly and says you’re probably a lesbian anyway 🤣🤣

38 and single with no kids or baggage. That’s a warning sign! And the way the twins keep defending him!! 🤮

The only ones I want to work out are Sean and Susan and Alene and Simon. I hope the rest of them fail miserably ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Rowan

Chatty Member
How rediculious was the 53 year old bride expecting her groom to be Polynesian!!
She has never been married before because she is delusional!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Prettyiconic55

I am watching MAFS Australia and oh my god they are really dragging it out.

The show is 90 minutes but I can watch it in about 20.

I don't understand the experts wouldn't put people together who live nearer each other. The way this show is going, nobody is going to stick together..

The older couple at the start - she should have made it clear she wanted a Polynesian man, she would never have been happy with the guy they found for her. He made an effort with her and she just acted totally stupid. He is a realist and could see there were issues that he tried to solve, when he spoke to her about getting a different room, she didn't see there was an issue between them.

Cheryl/Jonesy - pointless. It was never going to work out. The first guy she was with "suddenly" doesn't like her when she says she isn't attracted to him (he looked like Tommy Robinson), what does she expect? She was so short with him so many times. Jonesy - looks like Fred West but thinks he is God's gift. Cheryl plays the victim all the time and it's not surprising, her dad has clearly raised her to be a brat.

Sean/Susan - boring. They would work if they lived closer together and had similar lives. She doesn't want to give up the truck driving and he doesn't want to leave the farm. Experts clearly matched them for the ratings.

Simon/Alene - he is a closed book and shows no affection, whatever affection he does show, seems like it's done for show. She only cares about appearance which is why when they had a nice couples date she could be in charge of, she basically gave him a makeover. I don't think he is serious about her at all.

Boring couple - can't remember their names, she is a 31 year old student and he is really quiet. She keeps trying to change him and get him to speak when he doesn't want to. Can't see them making it.

Twin 1 with tall man - she seems to have issues with him that are so big she cannot overcome them and then the next day, everything is fine. She blew the stripper thing way out of proportion but then was totally fine with it.

Twin 2 with short man - She does not want him. She always hams it up for the camera going on and on about how it's just a friendship and when it comes to the commitment ceremony, she is willing to give it another chance. She knows he fancies her but she does not like him that way. She is only staying because her sister is getting on well and she can't bare to be single if her sister is not

Anthony/Nadia - he is a massive control freak and gaslighter. She mistakes his gaslighting and manipulation for something else. He thinks he is such a catch when he looks like a fish with a pinched nose. Run, Nadia, run!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
For anyone not watching online, series 5 is starting on Monday on E4
I'm gonna give it a swerve. Love the concept and have invested in some of the couples. But it's sooooo drawn out, I'm seriously losing my patience getting to end of the current series. 🤭

They could have done this series in half the time.

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Does anyone find Anthony controlling ? He seems like he wants to be the best couple.
My theory with Anthony is that he’s learned to be this way and maybe was the man of the house from a very young age.

He seems to have a very old fashioned view of a woman’s place within a relationship and he doesn’t view Nadia as equal.

he’s a wanker

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
Shereen seems so lacking in self awareness. Their weekend away where she barely engaged with him and then accused him of not being open?! It seemed so one sided with him making all the effort. She just seems so closed off.

Reactions: 13

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
Shereen seems so lacking in self awareness. Their weekend away where she barely engaged with him and then accused him of not being open?! It seemed so one sided with him making all the effort. She just seems so closed off.
I think she decided from the wedding day that he was too geeky for her. Can’t believe the amount of times she keeps harping on about “I just don’t know how they’ve matched us” (so rude)
She gave so little then flipped it and blamed him

Laur91

VIP Member
I wonder if one of the main factors of chosing Shareen and David was because she really wanted a camper van and he had one. Adds a good angle to the story and the fact they don't really have much in common makes good TV.
I don’t think so, I think she tricked the system and I believe she bullshit her way through the application process so on paper I think they ARE super compatible. The thing is she isn’t the same person as the one she’s tried to portray herself as. She’s such a fraud with all the spirituality and open mindedness - I think she is everything she says she dislikes about David; I think she was hurt in the past and I think she has created a new false identity to cope with that instead of facing it and I truly think she will struggle to find somebody. If she lived in the present why is she so concerned about being alone for the next 10/15 years like she said she was? Everything about her is false.

• Heart

Sticks&Stones

Maybe it's a reflection on me as a person but if I had been David or the experts I don't think I'd have been able to resist telling Shareen to fuck off. I'd love to know in what way she things she is positive throwing a strop because David dares to have a different personality and gave her something intended to be a gift, then making no effort with him and seemingly trying to belittle and humiliate him in front of the other couples.

She's clearly one of those who loves to dish it out but of course can't take it back. If David lacked positivity it's probably because he'd been matched with somebody who would make a mountain out of a molehill, never takes responsibility and instead deflects everything onto others. I definitely saw narcissistic traits in her tonight. Funny how she could mouth off about him but the second Gen questioned her it was shut down. Plain rude.

I hope David meets somebody.

Best wishes to Owen and Michelle, really hope they go the distance. I'm actually feeling positive they will.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

super grateful

I’m binging the latest UK one now and am at the bit where Michelle’s sister is kicking off about Michelle and Owen possibly moving up north to Sheffield. Am I a heartless cow but what has that got to do with her? Maybe growing up moving around (military child) and still moving regularly (partner is also military) I just have a different outlook - but haven’t people heard of phones, cars, trains, annual leave, weekends off? I’m still close to my family despite not living next door. 🙃

Anyway, hope these two work out! As for Shereen... David deserves someone much kinder!

• Heart

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I agree with the comments about dragging it out.

There's no need for so many of the same look backs on every episode. I'm sick of Michelle crying and saying they're just friends but deciding to stay on because her sister seems loved up and happy. Alot of the episodes have been very boring.

I think the UK one is too short but the Australian one is way too long. I feel the US one has the perfect length!

Jonesy is still a Dickhead.

• Heart

mags

VIP Member
Is it just me or....

1. Does anyone else get flashbacks to Grange Hill's Mr Bronson when Dean and his dodgy hairdo are on screen?

2. Anyone else cringe when yet another contestant says they've been "bloind-sided"? Arrgghh!!!

• Haha

Sticks&Stones

I'm watching at C4 pace, I'm already binging several shows so didn't have the time to watch them all at once :LOL:

Is it just me or was Shareen's reaction to the survival kit totally OTT? I felt rather sorry for David tonight, from what you saw she didn't seem to make any effort then started highlighting his flaws. I get the feeling if the shoe had been on the other foot she wouldn't have taken kindly to him pointing out flaws.

Michelle's sister was out of line as well, does she not realise Michelle has her own life?