Marissa Carter - Cocoa Brown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread about Marissa Carter , founder of Cocoa Brown and Carter Beauty.

Instagram.com/marissacarter

She went missing there for a while, what happened? I heard her marriage broke down that one of them cheated. It's sad when a marriage breaks down. Not a huge fan of her make up. Hard to explain but I find it very dry and colours are boring nudes,browns etc

Reactions: 8
Yeah there were rumours that she cheated on her husband, only rumours now, obviously nothing was addressed at the time. If it was true it looks like they’ve worked through it anyway.

I have some of her products - her primer and eyeliner is very good imo.

Reactions: 5
The half measure is horrendous.. I like the phoenix contour quad... I find it hard to believe that she's really as sweet as she comes across..

Reactions: 5
Is there a foundation?I wasn’t sure if it was foundation or a highlighter from the packaging i Have too many highlighters I’d like to try some of her stuff. To be fair the stand is always cleaned out in my Penney’s thats a good sign.

I don't mind the tan....was obsessed the first few years but there are so many better tans out now. The makeup us absolute shite. I bought some bits online recently as there was a 40% off. Literally binned the concealer and the half measure foundation. I wasn't mad on the gel liner wither but will give it another go. The only thing that is half decent is the full measure foundation is you like fuller coverage. The packaging is so cheap looking too.

Reactions: 2
I genuinely love the make up! And the price is brill esp as there’s always discount codes! Half measure foundation is rubbish tho, stay away. Have tried most other bits and really impressed so far! Don’t know much about Marissa so can’t add anything in there. I would choose bellamianta over cocoa brown tan, but I always have a bottle of it knocking around!

I genuinely love the make up! And the price is brill esp as there’s always discount codes! Half measure foundation is rubbish tho, stay away. Have tried most other bits and really impressed so far! Don’t know much about Marissa so can’t add anything in there. I would choose bellamianta over cocoa brown tan, but I always have a bottle of it knocking around!
Want to add that full measure foundation is unreal!

Reactions: 4
I don’t follow Marissa at all but on the off chance that she reads this, please consider making/selling full size bottles of the travel shower gel, it’s absolutely lush and I wish I could buy it in a bigger size😍

Reactions: 1
The eye liner is amazing the pen and the gel! I also love the concealer palette! Quality is good and price is great. I didn’t love the foundation but I am fussy with this.

Reactions: 3
I love the gel eyeliner, the blushes are great for the price point. Her shampoo and conditioner is excellent. Husband and kids use it and I would use it I'd I am running low in my normal one.
The packaging let's it down.

So cocoa brown has gotten a whole new look. Does she still own that company? Is it me or does it seem like she didn’t have anything to do with the rebrand?

The cheating thing is true. I heard she had her staff booking her hotels for her and that he discovered it all by private investigator.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
The cheating thing is true. I heard she had her staff booking her hotels for her and that he discovered it all by private investigator.
Jaysus!! That’s grim. Any more info?? Are they definitely back together?

Why would you have your staff booking hotel rooms for your affair? 😂 Seems rather silly to me.

Reactions: 8