Mare of Easttown - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah the “the three of us are in this together, for life” thing (about Dylan, Jess, and that third dude that only ever lingered in the background) seemed a bit much of it was only about the fact that they burned Erin’s journals.
I think it was a Red Herring to confuse us all....

Reactions: 2
Did you guys all realise that the mother of Mares grandson is Kevin Bacon's real life daughter? Now I know, I can see the strong resemblance!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Did not know that.

That last scene with Carrie was so sad , desperately wanting to stay clean but it’s just out of her control.

Reactions: 5
Did not know that.

That last scene with Carrie was so sad , desperately wanting to stay clean but it’s just out of her control.
Yeah it was very sad. I was half expecting Mare to offer to have her stay at hers so that they could all be together.

Reactions: 3
Did you guys all realise that the mother of Mares grandson is Kevin Bacon's real life daughter? Now I know, I can see the strong resemblance!
Yes (I saw this when I looked it up on wiki) - really strong resemblance to Tremors-era Kevin Bacon.

Yeah it was very sad. I was half expecting Mare to offer to have her stay at hers so that they could all be together.
I was really convinced she was going to offer that as well, especially now that Siobhan was leaving for Berkeley.

Reactions: 3
Seeing as this show was focused on Mare’s personal life alongside the whodunnit how would a second series work, do you think?

Reactions: 1
Seeing as this show was focused on Mare’s personal life alongside the whodunnit how would a second series work, do you think?
probably not. I am just lamenting at it being over. Rare you get multiple decent female characters in one show. They are usually glammed up or stereotypical. Felt in this they were all slightly tainted and real.

Reactions: 5
probably not. I am just lamenting at it being over. Rare you get multiple decent female characters in one show. They are usually glammed up or stereotypical. Felt in this they were all slightly tainted and real.
I’d love to see KW play her again, another murder in the town and Carrie living with them , that would cause issues amongst the calmest of us 😁but Mare, Helen and Carrie , could work as a second series.

Reactions: 4
Things that could be explored in Season 2:

Mare / Carrie / Drew
Frank and Faye
Mare and Lore’s friendship
John and Lore’s marriage
DJ and Dylan - maybe he / his parents carry on seeing him
Siobhan
Ryan’s journey in juvenile / his return home
Richard and Mare (or another love interest)
Helen and Mr Carroll 😂
Billy and John / Billy and Erin’s dad Kenny

A groundbreaking breakthrough in science allows Zabel’s consciousness to be uploaded into his twin and he partners with Mare to solve the next murder 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Things that could be explored in Season 2:

Mare / Carrie / Drew
Frank and Faye
Mare and Lore’s friendship
John and Lore’s marriage
DJ and Dylan - maybe he / his parents carry on seeing him
Siobhan
Ryan’s journey in juvenile / his return home
Richard and Mare (or another love interest)
Helen and Mr Carroll 😂
Billy and John / Billy and Erin’s dad Kenny

A groundbreaking breakthrough in science allows Zabel’s consciousness to be uploaded into his twin and he partners with Mare to solve the next murder 😂
Maybe it could include a feature length flashback episode of the delicious Zabel and his previous case ;)

• Heart
Trying to watch it this weekend. Almost finished with episode one and going to continue. A lot of characters have been introduced in a short amount of time and I'm having trouble remembering how everyone is connected.

I think I'm most intrigued by the young teenage mother, her baby's father, and the father's new girlfriend. The young mother is about to go on a date and I have a bad feeling that the guy is a catfish set up by her baby's fathers new girlfriend.

I pick up on so many things each time I re-watch it. My issue is looking at my laptop/phone when TV shows are on, when I should be giving it my full attention.

Is there are thread for good detective/murder TV shows?

I've just binged Unforgotten and really enjoyed it.
I've just finished series 1, absolutely loved it but so sad in parts. Someone on Tattle recommended it ,so cheers for that .