Mare of Easttown - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else watching this? If so what do you think so far? I've watched the first 2 episodes and really like it.

Reactions: 6
Got about 3/4 of the way through the first episode and eventually switched it off. It was so boring, Kate couldn't even save it.

Reactions: 3
I have heard a lot of people saying they couldn't get through the first one, but we stuck with it. Cliffhanger (no spoilers) and the end of second episode will mean we watch more. I think it is going to build into being a great story, but agree that getting through the first one is tough

Reactions: 5
I love it , Kate is terrific and if I could binge watch it I’d have seen the whole series by now, it’s right up my street.

When she was talking to the Paediatrician and started opening up I could have cried for her.

It’s 5 stars from me.

Reactions: 7
I love it , Kate is terrific and if I could binge watch it I’d have seen the whole series by now, it’s right up my street.

When she was talking to the Paediatrician and started opening up I could have cried for her.

It’s 5 stars from me.
I'm really enjoying it. Just frustrating having to watch an episode a week! I really think Kate is playing a great part. Interested to see what happens with Guy Pearce's character.

I'm really enjoying it. Just frustrating having to watch an episode a week! I really think Kate is playing a great part. Interested to see what happens with Guy Pearce's character.
Yes to Guy and his involvement, him acknowledging Mare then ignoring her arrival at his party ( after cajoling her to attend) made me question his character .

Love it😊

Reactions: 5
I am really enjoying it. I am not usually a massive Kate fan but I love her in this and was very happy when Evan Peters turned up.

this weeks episode had me all 🤦‍♀️At the end.

I could watch it for the scenery alone, even though totally different it gives me the Twin Peaks feels.

Love it.

Reactions: 7
Love it. Wasn't sure if I liked it during the first episode, didn't like any characters except Erin but second episode was great. Can't wait until next week.

The only thing that distracts me during it is I can hear them all pronouncing "S" like their teeth are too big for their mouth. Random I know. Must be something to do with how it's recorded. Does everyone have the small +1 in the top right hand corner when it's on? I only noticed it on tonight's episode.

Thought last nights episode was good. OMG Mare, how stupid can she be! Love that Evan Peters is in it. He has such a distinct voice, I could listen to him for hours. So what do we think about the deacon then?

I'm really enjoying this now (after a very slow first episode!) I'll be keeping a close eye on the Guy Pearce character (he's a pretty well known actor for such a seemingly small role) and also Mare's daughter, Siobhan. I feel like there is more to her story. It will be interesting to see who the father of the baby actually is.

Evan Peters is also a favourite of mine - he always seems to add something special to every show he's in.

@Bubblesdahling The deacon is definitely shady but I feel it's too obvious if he's the big bad this early on.

Reactions: 4
I'm really enjoying this now (after a very slow first episode!) I'll be keeping a close eye on the Guy Pearce character (he's a pretty well known actor for such a seemingly small role) and also Mare's daughter, Siobhan. I feel like there is more to her story. It will be interesting to see who the father of the baby actually is.

Evan Peters is also a favourite of mine - he always seems to add something special to every show he's in.

@Bubblesdahling The deacon is definitely shady but I feel it's too obvious if he's the big bad this early on.
Agree, with you about the deacon. But you know they keep showing the house with the window with the light on(think it's just before the ad breaks, but I watch it on demand). I noticed last night the house is opposite the church etc. I wonder if anything will be found on the old couples cctv? Guy Pearce will always be the bloke off Neighbours for me, even though he's been in numerous Hollywood films 🤣

Reactions: 9
Agree, with you about the deacon. But you know they keep showing the house with the window with the light on(think it's just before the ad breaks, but I watch it on demand). I noticed last night the house is opposite the church etc. I wonder if anything will be found on the old couples cctv? Guy Pearce will always be the bloke off Neighbours for me, even though he's been in numerous Hollywood films 🤣
I think you are on to something with the CCTV. There has to be a reason they keep showing that couple! I think if Mare reads that book Mike from Neighbours wrote and keeps talking about, then she might find something that gets her thinking...

• Wow
Reactions: 4