Marcus Butler/Stefanie Giesinger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd make a thread for us to talk about other British youtubers we want to talk about but might not warrant their own thread (unless they get really popular on this one and their own thread would get enough traffic)

Marcus really annoyed me in his latest JustMarcus video when he said filming youtubers without their permission is not acceptable. To a certain extent i get it, I wouldn't want to be filmed, but he used to daily vlog and I doubt he asked permission of everyone in the background of his vlogs for permission, for example. Also I know it's not the same as actually videoing someone but his 'storytime' type videos he tells stories involving other people, again presumably without permission. I wouldn't want my friends to do that

Reactions: 11

Yel

Marcus still makes videos?

It's annoying and Zoe and Alfie have done it several times. Have a passive aggressive rant then the next day Alf takes an Instagram of someone that looks a bit different and posts it to his followers. Only to delete it when people complain and not even say sorry.

I think they are just really stupid and unaware, Zoe and Alfie have compared themselves to Adele several times .

It's funny that Jim isn't even relevant enough to put in the title of a thread about the old Brit YouTubers

Reactions: 10

It's annoying and Zoe and Alfie have done it several times. Have a passive aggressive rant then the next day Alf takes an Instagram of someone that looks a bit different and posts it to his followers. Only to delete it when people complain and not even say sorry.

I think they are just really stupid and unaware, Zoe and Alfie have compared themselves to Adele several times .

It's funny that Jim isn't even relevant enough to put in the title of a thread about the old Brit YouTubers
omg I totally forgot about both of them, Marcus and Jim, and checked them out on youtube. Jeeeeez only 14-30.000 views. dog days are over!

Reactions: 2

Yel

omg I totally forgot about both of them, Marcus and Jim, and checked them out on youtube. Jeeeeez only 14-30.000 views. dog days are over!
Oh let me fill you in on the bits I know!

Marcus has moved to a tiny one bed with his girlfriend and insists it's just because having a big place was a waste as they travel alot. He seemed very bitter though. He's got a "job" with a insurance company and was talking about an amazing product to shake up the industry, now it looks just like he's doing an advert with them.

Jim had a book out that was a failure for the publishers selling very little compared too the millions of followers he has. Tanyas Christmas book is outselling it ten times even now during the summer. He "designed" a coat and only 60 were made but he only sold 5 in a week despite promoting them heavily. He did some advert for some hair stuff that was going to be found breaking, the brand didn't even end up posting it on their feed. He did something with a watch that looked like a disaster. He's on his third screenplay, despite getting no where trying to sell the first two. I'm sure I'm missing lots also. It's all quite embarrassing for them.

Reactions: 14
Oh let me fill you in on the bits I know!

Marcus has moved to a tiny one bed with his girlfriend and insists it's just because having a big place was a waste as they travel alot. He seemed very bitter though. He's got a "job" with a insurance company and was talking about an amazing product to shake up the industry, now it looks just like he's doing an advert with them.

Jim had a book out that was a failure for the publishers selling very little compared too the millions of followers he has. Tanyas Christmas book is outselling it ten times even now during the summer. He "designed" a coat and only 60 were made but he only sold 5 in a week despite promoting them heavily. He did some advert for some hair stuff that was going to be found breaking, the brand didn't even end up posting it on their feed. He did something with a watch that looked like a disaster. He's on his third screenplay, despite getting no where trying to sell the first two. I'm sure I'm missing lots also. It's all quite embarrassing for them.
okay wow, I didn't know anything about that, thanks a lot!

I knew Marcus "new" girlfriend hence she once was the winner of "Germanys Next Topmodel" and I'm from Germany. I didn't like her but on the other hand I always felt like Marcus is a jerk somehow. I watched his video when he talks about learning German and trying to communicate with her family and I think it's kinda cute. More down to earth but that's the only thing I watched. But crazy, you really think it's a moneything and necessary for him to move in such a small apartment and do such a strange/tit job?

For years Jim (and Tanya) wanted to do something else and more serious or posh besides youtube. I have the feeling they are the only ones who are adults and really want to grow their careers to something else than exploiting teens and acting childish, funny and sugarcoating in front of an irrelevant camera. I saw Jims interest in fashion and interviews on red carpets and Tanyas ridiculous baking book, beauty line AND her big attempt as an actress. Both of them are more into the posh stuff like Wimbleton and I see them wanting a seat besides Megan and Harry at dressy events and galas. even more embarassing they don't even get their tit together and successing on that small level. Wow. Where will they be in five or ten years?

Reactions: 4

He is so blind it's stupid. I remember him ranting about people visiting their old Brighton house, he said they even look over the gate and protested on his twitter and in a vlog in the strongest terms.

Fast forward a year or two, he's back in Brighton by his old house, and he pulls up outside, pulls out his vlogging camera and FILMS OVER THE GATE!! He comments as he pans his camera around like, Oh I used to park my car there!!

How is it ok for him to not only look over the gate but also to record what is now someone else's private property AND upload it online. They both make my jaw drop on the regular.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Joe is supposed to be on strictly. I won't watch it but they really must be scraping the barrel, with how old the average BBC viewer is they won't know of him. I'm not sure where they film strictly now bbctv center is closed down but can't see Zoe going to watch him.

Watching Marcus' video with Jack about I'm a celeb, and he tried to excuse Jack's tweets by saying they were so long ago that at that point Jack would have been using twitter the same as his own personal facebook, and said he (marcus) did the same. Makes it sound like he thinks it's not that bad to say those slurs if you're not saying it publicly. They also both try to make out that youtubers are oppressed and everyone's out to get them :rolleyes:

In other news Jack and Toff have apparently confirmed they're dating

Reactions: 5
Watching Marcus' video with Jack about I'm a celeb, and he tried to excuse Jack's tweets by saying they were so long ago that at that point Jack would have been using twitter the same as his own personal facebook, and said he (marcus) did the same. Makes it sound like he thinks it's not that bad to say those slurs if you're not saying it publicly. They also both try to make out that youtubers are oppressed and everyone's out to get them :rolleyes:

Toff is the worsttt. She also kind of looks like Jack's sister.

Reactions: 1

How are they so stupid?! It's flabbergasting.

They must have all had media training but to effectively broadcast that slurs are fine if they are private is beyond stupid.

Cry me a River with all the YouTubers acting as if they are some oppressed minority. They were just used to getting away with everything, now face fair scrutiny and they start complaining. This is why all those people have dying channels.

Can't believe Joe will be on Strictly come dancing, he just announced it, shall I make a thread for him, I feel this will bring a lot of chatter, maybe something like "Joe sugg the dancing slugg" if you come up with something funny create the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Can't belive Joe will be on Strictly come dancing, he just announced it, shall I make a thread for him, I feel this will bring a lot of chatter, maybe something like "Joe sugg the dancing slugg" if you come up with something funny create the thread.
"Joe Sugg strictly dancing his way onto the z list?" We do need a topic, although I'm no good at names!

Ah ha they're all OK suggestions, but where are the people with really witty funny thread names? I'm not funny enough to make a good one :LOL:

Marcus's new video 'ft Shane dawson'. The click bait is just getting sad now... having to pretend to feature a popular YouTuber in your video to get views. How the mighty have fallen

Reactions: 6
Louis Cole deserves to be mentioned here. He's got funding of about $100k from YouTube under their "creators for change" to continue his holiday lifestyle of visiting places in the most superficial way possible, flying 1st class and staying in 5 star hotels. https://socialblade.com/blog/youtube-invest-5-million-47-creators-for-change/

Disgusting, he's had his chance made a lot and really does not deserve any funding to help his dying channel. SHould have gone to someone that hasn't ever had loads of money to invest in content. He will just blow the money and have nothing to show for it. He blew his opportunities and is very undeserving of funding.

This is the old brit youtubers facebook engagement for the last week, they are all losing lots of followers and engagement is really poor.

Louise has the most with 10k engagement but that's in 12 posts, some of those are just shares of viral content. Jim and Tanya might as well not bother their engagement is so low. The same person can count for several engagements if they like, share and comment on each post
fbenagement.jpg

I had forgotten about Louis. I had to stop watching because he was just a bit like Pointless Blog but a version that travels.