Making a murderer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a killer is def worth a watch.
Unbelievable is very good too, shocking what happens in the world.
Loved the staircase.. Have any of use looked at the "owl theory?" have to agree tho I have a feeling he's guilty.. But found it interesting to look at the different theories.
Brendan an Steven are both innocent, something dodgy about the other "uncle" feel for the poor men spending their life in jail for something they haven't done 😢
I saw the owl theory and then I watched a vid of someone saying why it couldn’t be that .. just different peoples opinions on utube .. I felt he was guilty but still not 100 % definite till I watched a load of body language analysts on utube explaining why he was & some of the things he says reminds me of the mcanns (I got really into statement analysis by a guy called peter Hyatt .. he says people pretty much give themselves away in their language without realising & it’s so true ). The fact his first wife/gf in Germany was found dead at the bottom of the stairs as well 🤔🤔

Reactions: 2
The confession tapes is good, not convinced all of them were false confessions though. The staircase still bugs me, can't make my mind up on it at all. He was an odd guy. Evil genius is good. The innocent man I lost interest in. Since making a murderer I'm hooked on those kinds of stories now 😬

We were both hooked on Making a Murderer, it really sucks you in doesn’t it as it’s so involved, we both went off googling to see if we could find more info about what’s happening in the cases. Couldn’t get into The Staircase.

when they see Us (about the Central Park five) I watched on my own and got hooked and again went on to YouTube and there are several good docs on there about it too

Reactions: 1
I stopped watching halfway through Season 2, as it was frustrating to see Brendan being put through so much back-and-forth regarding his case. I really feel like he had nothing to do with the murder, but there is something I find deeply unsettling about Stephen.

I saw the owl theory and then I watched a vid of someone saying why it couldn’t be that .. just different peoples opinions on utube .. I felt he was guilty but still not 100 % definite till I watched a load of body language analysts on utube explaining why he was & some of the things he says reminds me of the mcanns (I got really into statement analysis by a guy called peter Hyatt .. he says people pretty much give themselves away in their language without realising & it’s so true ). The fact his first wife/gf in Germany was found dead at the bottom of the stairs as well 🤔🤔
It was his neighbours wife and she had a brain haemorrhage on the landing and fell down the stairs. She wasn’t murdered. I thought it was atrocious they brought that up given he adopted the dead woman’s children. I think he was innocent simply because I believe the theory she was inebriated, fell and bled out from her scalp injuries. There wasn’t enough evidence for motive. He is a strange man but I don’t think he killed his wife. The fact he has refused to admit guilt in all this time is something which is shared with cases of wrongful conviction.

The two podcast series about the murder of Hae Min Lee are fascinating - Serial and Undisclosed. Absolutely superb.

It was his neighbours wife and she had a brain haemorrhage on the landing and fell down the stairs. She wasn’t murdered. I thought it was atrocious they brought that up given he adopted the dead woman’s children. I think he was innocent simply because I believe the theory she was inebriated, fell and bled out from her scalp injuries. There wasn’t enough evidence for motive. He is a strange man but I don’t think he killed his wife. The fact he has refused to admit guilt in all this time is something which is shared with cases of wrongful conviction.

The two podcast series about the murder of Hae Min Lee are fascinating - Serial and Undisclosed. Absolutely superb.
I felt the same I couldn't make my mind up on him. But I'm leaning towards him just being a bit strange and i think she was out of it on alcohol and valium or something.

I felt the same I couldn't make my mind up on him. But I'm leaning towards him just being a bit strange and i think she was out of it on alcohol and valium or something.
Only yesterday (after seeing this post!) I have been listening to the BBC podcast 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt'. I didn't realise that although she had alcohol in her bloodstream she was still under the North Carolina (and British) drink drive limit. Diazepam would exacerbate the effect of any alcohol she did drink but it struck me as unusual as I recall the defence making out she was drunk.

I also had no idea that the Petersons were in stacks of debt, something like 140,000 USD of credit card debt alone, and they were trying to help Michael's two sons who couldn't even pay off the monthly interest on their own debt. Kathleen's company was laying off thousands of people and she was literally worth more dead than alive. In contrast, Michael wasn't bring much cash in. Puts a different spin on things.

I think I still have doubt that he killed her, even with the possible financial motive. They allege he beat her to death but if you struck someone half a dozen times with a metal blowpoke surely you would have some sort of brain injury - her brain was not swollen or bruised and she had no skull fractures. I find it odd that her cause of death was deemed to be brain injury from beating when it seems to me it was haemorrhage. I found the scientific evidence from the defence pretty convincing of that, in addition to their evidence that the blood spray along the skirting could be explained by someone coughing or breathing into a pool of blood for a long period.

I am a killer is def worth a watch.
Unbelievable is very good too, shocking what happens in the world.
Loved the staircase.. Have any of use looked at the "owl theory?" have to agree tho I have a feeling he's guilty.. But found it interesting to look at the different theories.
Brendan an Steven are both innocent, something dodgy about the other "uncle" feel for the poor men spending their life in jail for something they haven't done 😢
Thought S1 was fantastic - gripped all the way, but not being pulled in the same way by S2. Anyone else the same?

Just finished watching both series. Sad that Steve and Brendan remain in prison. Very uncomfortable viewing.

I watched really good programme, 2 episodes on sky called I love you, now die if anyone is looking for a good watch

That’s based on a true story I think. Remember reading about it
Yeah it's all true and court case as recent as think was Feb 2019 before it got resolved, shows in the court and people's different opinions on it don't want to give it away but good watch
.. I say good watch it's obv very sad but interesting

I love true crime, these are some of favorite cases:

Making a murderer
The staircase
I love you, now die
The case against adnan syed
Who killed Garrett Phillips
Golden state killer: unmasked
Chris Watts documentery
The keepers
The disappearance of Susan Cox Powell
Tales of the grim sleeper
The Ted Bundy tapes
Abducted in plain sight
When they see us (a series based on a true story)
Dirty John (a series based on a true story)

My list could go on and on. I also love listening to true crime podcasts.

Reactions: 3

Making a murderer
The staircase
I love you, now die
Chris Watts documentery
The keepers
The Ted Bundy tapes
Abducted in plain sight

I forgot about abducted in plain sight .. that was absolutely unreal !!!

Reactions: 3
Chuffed I’ve found this thread 🙌🏽

Making a murderer - really uncomfortable viewing, I believe that Avery is a nasty character, and he’s probably guilty of a lot of things but I DONT think he killed Teresa. The state targeted Brendan because he was easy to manipulate. I think the final nail in the coffin of police conspiracy was the phone call basically calling in the green Toyota ‘is it this license plate blah blah blah’. Unbelievable.

Abducted in plain sight was absolutely bizarre but gripping, every time you thought it couldn’t get weirder it did!

Tell me who I am I watched recently and feel like it started really strongly with intrigue but then I sort of guessed what happened to them and could see why the brother had decided to edit the narrative.

The staircase I thought was brilliant but a little long, I also listened to a podcast that went into a lot more detail, he definitely did kill her in my opinion though.

Did anyone watch finding neverland about MJ or the R Kelly documentary? Both of those were really interesting too I thought.

Did anyone watch finding neverland about MJ or the R Kelly documentary? Both of those were really interesting too I thought.
Both excellent and in the case of R Kelly, fantastic that a documentary can directly lead to justice.

I watched the Bikram Yoga documentary on the weekend, it’s also brilliant and jaw dropping. How the hell is that guy not locked up behind bars?

Making a murderer
The staircase
I love you, now die
Chris Watts documentery
The keepers
The Ted Bundy tapes
Abducted in plain sight

I watched the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell, the story is absolutely horrendous. Those poor boys