Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
Some tickets for the new tour are being listed for as mucuh as £3000.

Disgraceful that nothing is done about this sort of thing.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Miss Lola

Chatty Member
I don’t have high hopes for this tour - going by the Eurovision debacle in 2019. It’s going to be an utter train wreck. It’s so sad to see Madonna, a former icon has become. Loved Ray of Light album. She was the best she’s ever looked then. Also ‘Hung Up’ video/song was fab. I believe she’s always been an unpleasant person though.

Reactions: 15

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
Sir Elton could barely walk on Saturday, and appears to have a golf buggy driving him everywhere.

I honestly don't get why people just can't age without holding onto their youth like a safety blanket.

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
She looks a MESS. Part of me thought 'oh maybe it's just the Instagram filters' but looking at that unfiltered pap shot, you can see what she has done to her face. Tragic that one of the biggest icons has ended up resorting to so much plastic surgery to defy the signs of ageing. Looking at pics of her from even 10 years ago she looks SO different and not in a good way.

But it's also the desperation to remain relevant - the clothes, the 'rent a rappers' phoning in their parts on "remixes" of one of her classic hits, the embarrassing social media videos.

I miss the Madonna of the Ray of Light era. It's like looking at a different person.

• Heart

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Anyone remember Madonna during the Guy Ritchie stage, writing a children's book & reading it to groups of kids in bookshops/ libraries? Rose something. She was embracing living here, wearing lovely dresses, was very feminine. She'd go to the local pub with Guy. They both seemed so happy.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I had sepsis, the pain was unbelievable. Maybe it was the illness that caused the pain. I did collapse and thats when the NHS took over, so its possible.
The recovery was long.

• Heart
  • Sad

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
I've always been a life-long Madonna fan starting from the VHS of Burning Up, Borderline & Lucky Star. Then mum and dad bought me the VHS of The Virgin Tour in 1985, for Christmas, resulting in the young Crazy learning all of the dance moves. I adored her. I have been honoured to have seen:-

Who's That Girl
Blond Ambition
The Girlie Show
Drowned World
Confessions
Sticky & Sweet
MDNA
Rebel Heart
Madame X

and have got Block A tickets for The Celebration Tour for my 50th thanks to Mr Crazy (£3.2k a ticket).

I am very sceptical about the Celebration Tour. She struggled with Madame X tbh. As a young girl she inspired me. I have a huge collection of memoribillia, picture discs, magazines etc. She was my whole life growing up. My bedroom walls were plastered with posters etc and still have a massive mint condition haul).

I have always been a huge fan but WTF is she doing to herself. My fave era was the Ray of Light album. She was so beautiful then but I cringe at the plastic surgery now. Makes me so sad tbh.

I fell in love with her at Lucky Star and Borderline. 😍 Great memories. 💖

---

---

Too fucking much now. Honestly! 😒
---

I've always been a life-long Madonna fan starting from the VHS of Burning Up, Borderline & Lucky Star. Then mum and dad bought me the VHS of The Virgin Tour in 1985, for Christmas, resulting in the young Crazy learning all of the dance moves. I adored her. I have been honoured to have seen:-

Who's That Girl
Blond Ambition
The Girlie Show
Drowned World
Confessions
Sticky & Sweet
MDNA
Rebel Heart
Madame X

and have got Block A tickets for The Celebration Tour for my 50th thanks to Mr Crazy (£3.2k a ticket).

I am very sceptical about the Celebration Tour. She struggled with Madame X tbh. As a young girl she inspired me. I have a huge collection of memoribillia, picture discs, magazines etc. She was my whole life growing up. My bedroom walls were plastered with posters etc and still have a massive mint condition haul).

I have always been a huge fan but WTF is she doing to herself. My fave era was the Ray of Light album. She was so beautiful then but I cringe at the plastic surgery now. Makes me so sad tbh.

I fell in love with her at Lucky Star and Borderline. 😍 Great memories. 💖

---

---

Too fucking much now. Honestly! 😒
It is. She is ruining her legacy big time. 💯

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

Eirawen

VIP Member
I have never liked her or her music / videos I just think the evil in her is coming out she always struck me as a very nasty piece of work with more confidence and bloody mindedness than talent. And why on earth did she adopt those poor kids from Africa, she's not the maternal type as far as I can make out, even her biological son didn't want to be with her.

• Heart

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
Just read in the U.S, everyone is saying she looks like she had two arse (ass) cheeks implanted onto her face. Literally calling her ‘arse face’ lol.

Funny noone thought of this before. That massive amount of filler in each cheek does overall look like a Brazilian bum lift. Lmao. What a way for your legacy to die. This is honestly so humiliating.

WritersBlock

I totally understand the comments about aging in the public eye, especially the ridiculous pressure women face (mainly, it has to be said, from media aimed at women) but Madonna’s strength was her ability to be subversive. She had a unique ability to make people sit up and take notice.
Those days are long gone. People are noticing for all the wrong reasons. 😔

• Sad

Curly Top

VIP Member
She was always a good looking person who would have aged well. If she just had a reasonable amount of tweaks and started to dress in maybe an eccentrically stylish way she would be looking fine.

She was never going to settle for that though.

• Sad

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I think it just goes to show that we’re so used to Madonna never being ill, people are wildly speculating and freaking out. She’s been injured yes, but you’d never hear about her being seriously ill.

Whether you like her or not, she’s been a constant in most of our lives, and she’s always been so physically and mentally* strong.

*I know she’s not really been herself mentally in the last few years, but my point still stands.

My god. How many facelifts and cosmetic procedures does it take to reach that non-human stage of enhancement she is at? It's such a pity, she was such a trailblazer for women during her time and now she's just bended to social convention with this incredible fear of ageing she seems to have. She doesn't look well.

• Sad

TheSquish

THE. FUCKING. STATE. OF. IT.

This is hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. I adored her back in the day

Screenshot_20210913-182624_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad

Tryger88

VIP Member
It is something more than a fear of getting old
I think fear of getting old is exactly what it is, I didn't realise she's 64?? I guess with still having young kids to look after she feels a lot younger than she is, it's just strange that she's chosen an image/look that doesn't suit or come natural to her (pale, ginger and no eyebrows) at this point in her life I would have liked her to be humbled and celebrated instead of doing weird tiktoks 🙁

That's jogged my memory actually. I remember as a teenager reading about her perfectionism and neurosis in magazine interviews, how she practised hot yoga from 5am for 5 hours a day, how she demanded the best out of everyone and took her performances so seriously. Whatever about her talent, her professionalism was off the charter and she always looked immaculate. She looks like a bloated clown now by comparison and like someone having a manic episode.

That's the problem with her level of wealth and stardom - she could be having a mental health crisis but instead of stepping in and getting her the help she needs, her hangers on will be validating and entertaining her lunatic whims.

• Sad