Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I listened to Ray of Light last night, and the whole album is just a work of genius. For me, that's when she was at her professional best.

The power of goodbye is probably one of my favourite ever songs.

Madonna has been the soundtrack to most of my life. An Icon of a true kind and has never ever been labelled/put into a box. I love that about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
Its her new image and trying to appeal with gen z. She done this type of shit her entire career and now she is trying to get new audience. Half of her social media team are gen z and some of her stylists/mua teams are also very young barely out of college types
Totally right! But Why is she doing ‘skanky street thug’ when she could be doing bit more class like Taylor Swift? Just permanently getting her tits and fanny out, which isn’t edgy but creepy to Gen Z. It must be insufferable for Madonna to be around so many Tech-stunted 20- somethings, I mean this is someone who has spanned the entire globe several times and can hold intellectual conversations on art, history, culture...the people she’s met, the things she’s seen, partying with kings, queens, billionaires, outlasted so many contemporaries. I don’t know, none of it makes sense! And it’s obviously not working because she is just being held up as a figure of ridicule, and not selling any records! Pure delusions of youth and appeal.

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
I've never been a superfan but wow, it's really sad to see 65 year old Madonna desperately trying to keep up with the 20-somethings. She always oozed self-confidence which makes it all the more depressing to see her hitting the fillers so hard in an attempt to capture something that's long gone.

I was looking at pictures of Isabelle Huppert today. She's 69 and unashamedly sexy but also cool af with it and absolutely not trying to seem younger than she is. Madonna could have carried this style off so well.

isa 1.jpg

isa 2.jpg

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Madonna being home isn't like you or I being at home. She could still be pretty much in a replicated hospital environment at home.

Jane Tee

VIP Member
Lourdes looks scary. The other children look great, especially the one who is smiling.
Lourdes threw a can of coke at my friend who was working for someone who was working for someone on a shoot for Madonna. Strict instructions not to look at Madonna. Lourdes was a young teen at the time.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
She's always been cringy, it just gets worse as she becomes a pensioner. Remember when she saw nothing wrong with posting a video calling her son the n word?

Yes, she has treated Rocco terribly. One Christmas he refused to be with her and stayed with his father, and she posted a picture of him in his swim shorts and wrote # NoSausage She literally ridiculed his manhood.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/madonna-slammed-after-appearing-make-5784177

I've tried to read that post in as many different ways to make it look innocent, and there is no justification. She meant it to embarrass him in the worst way possible.

After that he moved in with his father permanently. His mother kicked up a stink online about it. Wailing and complaining like the banshee she is. Rather than just contact him directly. Horrible woman.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

Madonna_Claws

She's always said she's bi, although iirc no one believed her when she said that in the 80s either. I certainly wouldn't put it past her to date women.
I remember there was a personal letter auctioned a few years ago where she professed her - seemingly genuine - love for a woman (Amanda Cazalet, who appeared in the 'Justify My Live' video) and it stated that she'd rarely felt that way before.

Basically, she's fooled around a bit but is ultimately straight. I'm not really sure I'd even call her bi - more 'sexually openminded' than anything else, and most of her public same-sex antics have been purely media clickbait. She's almost certainly never been in an actual relationship with a woman - Sandra Bernhardt was more a 'friend with benefits' at best that she hung around with for a bit of sexual controversy. Perhaps that's what she could do with, would be better than the parade of 20-something dancers who are only with her for kudos and money.

The stuff about her and David Banda has been discussed ad nauseum on a certain New Zealand food production site - obviously we don't know reality but what she allows out is icky in the extreme.

And as the boobs - I am reminded of a certain Blackadder II epidode, only they looked more realistic. And she had such fabulous boobs too - why Madge, why? 😢

367c3e5cb00fee88b42670bd9fa819d1--rowan-beer.jpg

She’s had every other part of her modified, so I’d be very surprised if she hasn’t had at least one boo job.
Her face looks superimposed on the topless shot. Is it definitely her body?!
Comedy breasticles? Note how you can't see her neck or the sides of her chest 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Whatever Peter Pan syndrome is for women, she's got that. Fighting irrelevancy to the death, she'll do literally anything to not fade from view. Which is sad because even though her whole career was about provocation, shock and awe, it always felt authentic, empowered, often political. A giant Fcuk you to the establishment.

Now it's just poor old tragic Madge is desperately trying not to age because she's worried it means she's less powerful and has to hand over the baton. As if she actually can't have value as a woman with her 65-year-old face. The opposite of empowerment and actually just insulting to feminism and all these sexist ideas of what ageing does to a woman.

• Heart

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
I think fear of getting old is exactly what it is, I didn't realise she's 64?? I guess with still having young kids to look after she feels a lot younger than she is, it's just strange that she's chosen an image/look that doesn't suit or come natural to her (pale, ginger and no eyebrows) at this point in her life I would have liked her to be humbled and celebrated instead of doing weird tiktoks 🙁
It is sad to see Madonna like this. I have no idea what has happened to her, but she hasnt embraced aging at all well. We live in a culture that celebrates being young, and seems to expect everyone to remain young forever. I think Madonna is scared of getting old, being normal, and not being relevant!
I think she has had a few too many proceedures, that have left her looking like a freak, and nothing she tries to do now is going to change that.

Most women in their 60s, would have put on a bit of weight, and have grey or white hair, and age freckles on their skin. Those who have sympathetic plastic surgery, who look ok are those who have embraced their looks and gone for relatively natural enhancements, maybe someone like Joanna lumley or Helen Mirren. Who look a decade younger than their actual age, but still look like a beautiful mature woman, not a teenager!

Its also tricky with skin tone changing with age, to get hair colours correct, especially if you were a dark brunette when you were younger. I struggle with hair colour massively. I was a brunette, when young, and I like colours, I dont like white or grey, or beige or neutrals.... pale blonde make me look ill, so choosing hair colours as you get older, I know from my own experience is tricky!

Its an odd one, as I can remember as a child, women in their 60s looking 'old' because of hair, and clothing styles. Think of the traditional grey haired old granny image. Now women in their 60s and 70s look nothing like this!!

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I’m so shocked hearing this I’m just going to copy and paste what I said on another thread.

I got such a fright when I saw the words “Madonna”, “ICU” and “unresponsive” on Twitter. Poor woman. I don’t care what anyone says about her, she’s a legend and that sounds scary.
She’s always seemed unbreakable in a way.

• Heart

Codiaeum

VIP Member
This isn't only against Madonna, but I've admittedly always been a bit - maybe not suspicious - but wary of celebrities adopting children from impoverished countries, often very publicly doing so.
I don't begrudge the children the chance for a hopefully better life, however there are many children in their own countries that equally deserve that chance. While I am aware of course than in many western rich countries, children in orphanages are off way better than in an impoverished country, I still suspect that often those adoptions are for publicity and not done out of concern for the kids' safety. Especially not, if those claims against Madonna are valid, when there are relatives of the child that have been eld to believe that they will see their kid again.

• Sad

hehehe

VIP Member
"Unresponsive" due to bacterial infection? So she suffered from sepsis? Meningitis? What other bacterial infection can leave someone "unresponsive" and why was she not getting care for this up to the point of becoming unresponsive? Antibiotics in short supply?

Cut the crap, Guy.

"Unresponsive" due to drug overdose is more likely.

Booington

I’ve been lurking but reading all this is making me worried about life with no Madonna! My catchphrase has always been ‘what would Madonna do?’ When facing a sticky situation, not that I’d dare do anything Madonna does but still!
my favourite song is Take a Bow and You’ll See, she is divine in both of these

• Heart

shellie

VIP Member
I can't bear to see this. It's actually genuine sad. My goodness, what has she done? Why has she done it? How can she not see what everyone else sees?

I can't make fun anymore, I think she's at least somewhat ill to have got into this state.

As a former fan it's heartbreaking to see what such a trailblazer has become.
Same here. I'm old enough that when she first came out, my school friends and I would get in trouble for taking my mum's lace blinds and cutting them up to make clothes like hers. I also borrowed the Like A Virgin tour so much from the video shop that the guy gave it to me for nothing as no one else ever borrowed it.

She didn't care what people thought of her and did it her way and I decided I wanted to be like her as I grew up. In the last decade or so, something has happened. I always thought it was just that she couldn't deal with the fact there were younger women taking her place which I never understood as she was a legend and no one could do that. I didn't realize how much she was a laughing stock she was until I saw the reactions to the pictures....as you say, it really is heartbreaking to know what she was and what she has now become.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Curly Top

VIP Member
Madonna is never going to sit at home quietly strumming her guitar and stroking the cat. She is driven and needs adulation. Her psyche is incapable of allowing herself to fade into the background and for others to take precedence. She needs to be relevant and her behaviour over the past decade proves this.
She will take painkillers to continue to dance and tour.
The tour should really be cancelled not delayed but she won't allow it.

• Sad

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
2 pics from the same article. Amazing what happens when you take away the good lighting and use less flattering angles!
Fuck me!

It's actually so sad. If Madonna had just let herself age like a natural human being, she would have looked just fine. Now she's looking like this. I'd feel sorry for her if she were a nicer person.

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I can't get over the prices the likes of Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc charge. It's absolutely disgusting and shows utter contempt for the man on the street.

I've been priced out of so many things I used to enjoy doing. Theatre is just has bad with pricing like £400 seats for the play Cock and seats at Cabaret that cost over £300.

The arts has become an exclusive, eltist club. While there was always an aspect of classism to it, the extremes that have become normalized make me sick.

• Heart

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
I don't remember hearing anything about Madonna with drugs unless I've missed it? I got the impression some time ago that she was very career focused and didn't get messed up, then years later she was on the state making really crappy innuendo jokes about Mandy, wasn't sure if she was dabbling with drugs or just trying to' 'connect' with the youth.
She likes a joint these days, there were some pix recently.

She seemed so cool, so confident, irreverent, sexy, iconic and funny. Her clothes hair make up rebellion everything was spot on.
Ray of light is an absolute pleasure to listen and watch the video and singalong, she was radiant ,, it was a great reincarnation.
Her current incarnation? Not so much
I feel guilty saying it, am a strong feminist and anybody should wear what the hell they like all behaviour, the young men , I guarantee she's quite vulnerable given her age and desperation not to be alone, it's sad.
I am with you here, she really was an icon of teenage girl rebellion for me, running through all the glamour in her ripped jeans, shaggin' in church, fingers up to the rules. Then she went up her own arse too pretentious, but then she came back with Ray of Light and as you say Shawads she really did seem 'radiant', that album was great and she was going through a very beautiful time.

radiant-madge.jpg

And now this. How the feck did we go from the natural happy creative woman of Ray of Light to this?!

download.jpg

It makes me feel very sad and I was never an uber fan but having grown up with her on my screens it really does touch me this one. She does look unwell, her right shoulder is hunching, she leans on Mr loo brush Head quite a lot and I wondered if the blouse is possibly designed to look puffy on upper back because she is getting kyphosis/a curved back and corset providing support. We can see how a corset is affecting Cowell at the mo. No problem Madge, no issue, but stop with the face stufffffffffffff, show your daughters how to grow old loving their natural selves. Now I'm annoyed with her again. Twat.

• Heart
  • Sad

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
It was a Big Thing at one time to adopt from abroad, ie nip over to Africa or Asia and buy yourself a child, all following the Angelina Jolie model.
I seem to recall that David (I think) has a living parent whom Madge bunged money to in order to expediate the adoption process.
Yep, that never sat right with me, David's father had apparently given him up for adoption due to poverty. Couldn't Madonna have funded a home and education for them instead? I'm sure David has a good life, but it doesn't feel right