Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watching? I'm only on episode one but I'm finding it very interesting. Still don't understand why her parents weren't arrested for neglect.

Reactions: 35
I want to watch, but I also don't. The whole thing makes me so angry. And I totally agree, if it was a working class family leaving their children they would have been arrested. Still makes me cross

Reactions: 36
I've watched so many on youtube, is this anything new?

It's so suspicious and the parents are awful for wasting lots of the money donated from the public on litigation to shut down anyone that's critical of them.

• Angry
Reactions: 19

It's so suspicious and the parents are awful for wasting lots of the money donated from the public on litigation to shut down anyone that's critical of them.
There's a new program thing on Netflix. So much money, which could have gone to other child that have gone missing too

• Sad
Reactions: 10
There's a new program thing on Netflix. So much money, which could have gone to other child that have gone missing too
Yeah if she wasn't a pretty white blonde girl wouldn't have had so much of tax payers money too. its all very upstetting

Reactions: 8
I am watching now, on episode 1. I’ve seen documentaries about this before, I’ve always thought it was the parents. I think they killed her accidentally and then hid the evidence and somehow got rid of her body. Let’s see if this changes my mind!

Reactions: 18

I think there is little bits of new things but that might just be because my memory is awful 😂🙈

Reactions: 1
I am watching now, on episode 1. I’ve seen documentaries about this before, I’ve always thought it was the parents. I think they killed her accidentally and then hid the evidence and somehow got rid of her body. Let’s see if this changes my mind!
This is exactly what I think. A mistake. But rather than own up, they had hours before hand as well. I can't quite remember the times, someone actually saw her alive. Other than those in the group. I think it was mid afternoon, but it's so long ago. I might watch it just to see but I get so caught up and cross by it all.

Reactions: 7
I’m about to start watching.

I doubt it’s going to make me like this family or change my mind on the amount of money wasted on her case. So many other missing people that don’t get 1/10ththe funding she has.

To quote the police forum I’m on.... the funding won’t stop as it’s a nice holiday for the uk detectives 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
This is exactly what I think. A mistake. But rather than own up, they had hours before hand as well. I can't quite remember the times, someone actually saw her alive. Other than those in the group. I think it was mid afternoon, but it's so long ago. I might watch it just to see but I get so caught up and cross by it all.
Yes and the other adults that were checking on them and saw her ‘sleeping’ were probably looking at her dead body 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 2
There is just no emotion on Kate's face/voice when she talks to the press. I honestly believe they are guilty.
There are so many things that don't make sense to me, like why did she wash the toy cat that would of smelt like Madeleine? And didn't they have to go round Amelie's bed to get Madeleline? Surely if someone took her they'd have taken the first child they came across?

Reactions: 22
Yes and the other adults that were checking on them and saw her ‘sleeping’ were probably looking at her dead body 😢
I find the parents soo dodgy! Kate , the mum is adamant she was kidnapped, yet police think she got the apartment and was looking for her parents. Kate is 100% sure she was kidnapped - I find it so strange. Her parents or someone on that holiday know a lot more than they are letting on.
Reminds me of jonbenet Ramsay - parents know a lot more!

Reactions: 22
Or she was never there. Only what they thought was her. Some pillows under a cover. Or they are all in on it. Although I don't think that as one of them would have caved by now? Surely.

Reactions: 4
I find the parents soo dodgy! Kate , the mum is adamant she was kidnapped, yet police think she got the apartment and was looking for her parents. Kate is 100% sure she was kidnapped - I find it so strange. Her parents or someone on that holiday know a lot more than they are letting on.
Reminds me of jonbenet Ramsay - parents know a lot more!
Didn't she shout 'theyve taken her' when she saw the empty bed? That's not normal.

Reactions: 13
I want to watch, but I also don't. The whole thing makes me so angry. And I totally agree, if it was a working class family leaving their children they would have been arrested. Still makes me cross
100% was a Scottish couple not arrested in magaluf for doing the same thing

This programme is interesting but it's hard to follow as alot is in Portuguese with subtitles.

I'm at the end of episode one. Theory time.

I think Kate has done it. Maybe drugged her or shook her to death. She put her in the car and when they went out searching on their own the next morning, they dumped the body.

Let's see how my opinion change as we go on.

Reactions: 12
I can't wait to watch this. After going down the youtube rabbit hole of conspiracy theories last year I was waiting for someone to turn this into a new and lengthy documenary

Reactions: 6
I haven't watched yet but looking forward to it.

The amount of funding she's got has made me angry. I understand its difficult for the parents but at the end of the day, they left her. If she'd had a babysitter who'd fell asleep or not paid attention for a few minutes, and then Maddie had wandered off, then fair enough...but she didn't. They should have to fund the case themselves.

Reactions: 10
It's on my list to watch but I always feel very guilty about watching these crime shows because I know it's for entertainment.

Have they finally run out of (other peoples) money to sue people? Years ago you couldn't even discuss them on message boards before it was gone within the hour.

Reactions: 11