Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have watched the first 2. Still convinced she died accidentally and the parents covered it up. There was no emotion from Kate in any interviews. Never a tear in her eyes. Nothing. She is cold Guilty as sin

Reactions: 9
She was snatched by an organised paedophile ring. Portugal is notorious for it. Her parents were a couple of dopey doctors with no common sense but the academic smarts.

Reactions: 5
I have watched the first 2. Still convinced she died accidentally and the parents covered it up. There was no emotion from Kate in any interviews. Never a tear in her eyes. Nothing. She is cold Guilty as sin
There are plenty of examples - Susan Smith, Karen Matthews, Tracie Andrews off the top of my head - of people crying for the cameras and it turns out they were guilty.

Oftentimes parents of abducted children are told to control their emotions for the camera, as it gives the kidnapper satisfaction to see it

Reactions: 4
There are plenty of examples - Susan Smith, Karen Matthews, Tracie Andrews off the top of my head - of people crying for the cameras and it turns out they were guilty.

Oftentimes parents of abducted children are told to control their emotions for the camera, as it gives the kidnapper satisfaction to see it
Iā€™m sorry but if my child was missing there would be no way in hell Iā€™d be able to control my emotions, I would be suicidal mate let alone crying!

Reactions: 21
Iā€™m sorry but if my child was missing there would be no way in hell Iā€™d be able to control my emotions, I would be suicidal mate let alone crying!
And when she has cried on camera people say sheā€™s putting it on. If she was hysterical all the time people would say sheā€™s laying that on too thick and it looks suspicious.

Iā€™m 100% sure both of them have felt suicidal, and that they canā€™t go on anymore. But there are two other children that life has to go on for

Reactions: 7
Just started watching the first episode and 15 minutes in is the first sign to me of a glaring inconsistency.
The journalist is discussing the schedule the McCanns used that night for checking on the children. She states that at 9:05 Gerry went to check and entered the apartment through the unlocked patio doors.
This is not what Gerry McCann told the police in his statement the following day, he told them that he entered through the locked front door. Even if he recanted this at a later date viewers should have been made aware of his original remarks. So itā€™s either badly researched or they donā€™t want people to know about how many lies the McCanns have always told to fit their own narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Just started watching the first episode and 15 minutes in is the first sign to me of a glaring inconsistency.
The journalist is discussing the schedule the McCanns used that night for checking on the children. She states that at 9:05 Gerry went to check and entered the apartment through the unlocked patio doors.
This is not what Gerry McCann told the police in his statement the following day, he told them that he entered through the locked front door. Even if he recanted this at a later date viewers should have been made aware of his original remarks. So itā€™s either badly researched or they donā€™t want people to know about how many lies the McCanns have always told to fit their own narrative.
View attachment 8508
This gets explained in a later episode

She was snatched by an organised paedophile ring. Portugal is notorious for it. Her parents were a couple of dopey doctors with no common sense but the academic smarts.
Surely though they'd have gone for Amelie who was younger and blonder?

View attachment 8508
ā€˜In perfect conditionā€™ how I describe sleeping children all the time.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
potential spoilers.I have just finished episode 7. I only started watching it last night!!šŸ™ˆ I have had a proper binge watch. I think this documentary was paid for by the McCanns. At the very least I think the act of 'trying to get the documentary banned' was publicity so more people would watch it. It is biased in my opinion, it is full of Kate and Jerrys friends, colleagues and employees talking about their grief and innocence. Even the journalist who was against them years ago, in this documentary she apologises to the McCanns.
My opinion: I have no idea still what happened to MM. The K9 dogs, Kates hand on the window and the changing of the story makes me think they are guilty.

The fact that they keep looking and wanting media interest makes me think not guilty. The fact that no blood was proven to be MM from where the dogs barked. Plus the pweirdo rings in that area and that child trafficking is a billion pound 'industry'.
I guess we will never know šŸ˜”

Reactions: 8
Just finished e1, Skipping past the spoilers that I'll read later, didn't say anything I didn't know apart from the odd bit of Algarve history. I'm going to be annoyed if I spend another 7 hours on this with no payoff. Still beleive the parents aren't saying all they know and something happened.

Minor annoying point is why did they shoot parts of it in cinema and others in wide-screen?

Her parents were a couple of dopey doctors with no common sense but the academic smarts.
totally agree with them being academic rather than streetwise.

Reactions: 2
Only on episode one but Iā€™ve always thought
A. Regardless they should be done for child neglect, any council estate family would have had the rest of the kids taken off of them.
B. The parents know a lot more than they let on

1. Kate said ā€˜theyā€™ve took herā€™ when surely your first assumption would be sheā€™d wandered out
  2. Both refused lie detector tests
  3. Didnā€™t the cadaver dogs pick up the scent on Madelines teddy? ( these are dogs that smell death)
  4. Didnā€™t Kate refuse to answer questions the next day where if your kid had genuinely been taken youā€™d be bending over backwards to answer questions that may help.

Will continue watching but doubt my opinions will change on this.

Reactions: 16
Not sure whether Iā€™ll watch as Iā€™ve seen quite a few documentaries. I have literally not an ounce of sympathy for Kate and Gerry,they are complicit regardless if she was taken or if they sedated her so she slept and something went wrong.

I have a wee boy a year older than Madeleine and remember her going missing so vividly. I was a young,single parent on a low income and had saved up every spare penny to take him on holiday to Majorca with my sister that year. We went to a restaurant with loads of outdoor seating and a play area where myself and my sister took turns to play with him whilst the other sat at the table. We wouldnā€™t have let him out of our sight for a second. I can also remember as young kids on holiday,one of us slept next to mum and the other next to dad incase we woke up through the night in a strange environment and were disoriented.

Because it was all over the news,my wee boy would get anxious at night and say ā€œwill someone steal me?ā€and I had to take him and show him me locking the doors and tell him that I would never ever leave him on his own but that wee girls mummy and daddy did. They have a sin to answer to and if it was someone like me who did that,I have no doubt I would have been charged with neglect.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Only on episode one but Iā€™ve always thought
A. Regardless they should be done for child neglect, any council estate family would have had the rest of the kids taken off of them.
B. The parents know a lot more than they let on

1. Kate said ā€˜theyā€™ve took herā€™ when surely your first assumption would be sheā€™d wandered out
  2. Both refused lie detector tests
  3. Didnā€™t the cadaver dogs pick up the scent on Madelines teddy? ( these are dogs that smell death)
  4. Didnā€™t Kate refuse to answer questions the next day where if your kid had genuinely been taken youā€™d be bending over backwards to answer questions that may help.
Will continue watching but doubt my opinions will change on this.
Didn't Kate wash the teddy though?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Not sure whether Iā€™ll watch as Iā€™ve seen quite a few documentaries. I have literally not an ounce of sympathy for Kate and Gerry,they are complicit regardless if she was taken or if they sedated her so she slept and something went wrong.

I have a wee boy a year older than Madeleine and remember her going missing so vividly. I was a young,single parent on a low income and had saved up every spare penny to take him on holiday to Majorca with my sister that year. We went to a restaurant with loads of outdoor seating and a play area where myself and my sister took turns to play with him whilst the other sat at the table. We wouldnā€™t have let him out of our sight for a second. I can also remember as young kids on holiday,one of us slept next to mum and the other next to dad incase we woke up through the night in a strange environment and were disoriented.

Because it was all over the news,my wee boy would get anxious at night and say ā€œwill someone steal me?ā€and I had to take him and show him me locking the doors and tell him that I would never ever leave him on his own but that wee girls mummy and daddy did. They have a sin to answer to and if it was someone like me who did that,I have no doubt I would have been charged with neglect.
Agree with everything youā€™ve said

Reactions: 3
More pointless information on ep2.. talking about Ian Huntley.. they were comparing him to Robert Murat but I think they could have made that point and then move on.. instead we saw a mini documentary about Ian Huntley.. If I wanted to watch a documentary about villas in the Algarve or Ian Huntley I would? Does this happen every episode?