Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she was crying for 45 mins that does not fit the "every 20 mins" line. If they did the night she "went missing" they would have been doing that every night they left them wouldnt they.
There’s a lot of inconsistencies when it comes to the time line regarding the checking of the children, there’s no doubt they checked the children with the exception of the Payne couple that seemed to have a baby monitor so they could hear the children. It’s just the times they say they went to check that doesn’t add up. So many lies!!!

Reactions: 5
The priest is in this documentery. He seems to full belive they had nothing to do with it.
I watched a youtube body language video on this yesterday! Can't remember who it's by but shouldn't be hard to find, the lady who analysed his body language suggests that he doesn't believe madelaine will be found, and some contempt when he said kates name amongst other things. This was 5 years after her disappearance.

What really interests me is that first priest who gave them the keys to the church so they could pray anytime. He apparently now refuses to speak about the McCanns and people say they ruined his life and is a shell of a man. Taking their secret to his grave maybe?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
If poor Madeleine had fallen and fatally hit her head, wouldn't her parents or whoever's turn it was to check on the children scream out in shock when they realised she had died- surely that would be a reflex action, especially when a child's involved? If so, I'm surprised there's been no mention of anyone in the surrounding area hearing this.

I watched a youtube body language video on this yesterday! Can't remember who it's by but shouldn't be hard to find, the lady who analysed his body language suggests that he doesn't believe madelaine will be found, and some contempt when he said kates name amongst other things. This was 5 years after her disappearance.

What really interests me is that first priest who gave them the keys to the church so they could pray anytime. He apparently now refuses to speak about the McCanns and people say they ruined his life and is a shell of a man. Taking their secret to his grave maybe?
I think he feels betrayed by the McCains, it was all very good between them until they got accused of been involved in their daughters disappearance, I think that’s all it is.

If poor Madeleine had fallen and fatally hit her head, wouldn't her parents or whoever's turn it was to check on the children scream out in shock when they realised she had died- surely that would be a reflex action, especially when a child's involved? If so, I'm surprised there's been no mention of anyone in the surrounding area hearing this.
And be accused of negligence causing death of a minor? They not stupid, they would’ve been arrested, so it was easier to make a kidnap story up, that way they weren’t suspects, but they ended up being named by the court, in the occultation of their daughters body, charge they will never get rid off.

Last edited:
When I fell down the YouTube and google rabbit hole last night there was things about Robert Murat and how quickly he came to Portugal, and that he was looking for empty houses with freezers to store her in. No idea what to make of it all. But he seems to have a shady past, someone who could be black mailed to get involved

Reactions: 1
Why, when Kate found Madeleine gone, didn’t she run to the balcony or garden & shout & scream to the others from there? Instead she left the other 2 babies alone while she ran around the long way back to the tapas bar! Weird behaviour imo.

Reactions: 15
Why, when Kate found Madeleine gone, didn’t she run to the balcony or garden & shout & scream to the others from there? Instead she left the other 2 babies alone while she ran around the long way back to the tapas bar! Weird behaviour imo.
Sorry, misread - Yeah, she ran all the way back to the Tapas bar leaving the other two in their beds still, despite the apartment apparently being in the line of sight so her pals would have heard/seen her screaming? (the twins, who didn't wake for hours despite all the commotion and noise going on around them) according to the documentary (Yes I have spent way too long reading up on this after watching) ha

I haven’t watched the documentary but I’m very interested to get into it, I’ve read into the background of the case a little bit over the years, it really affects me because I remember Maddie going missing so well, she’s only a few years younger than I am.

(If this isn’t allowed please LMK but...)
Something I can’t shake off though is I really think Gerry was somehow involved (well, they both were!) but I do feel as if he was part of some sort of paedophile ring or similar, I remember there being rumours or hearing rumours that Gerry had accessed child abuse images which were subsequently destroyed and that there was an active paedophile ring around the Praia de Luz community?
Also that Gerry had made comments with one of the friends regarding the children, something to do with ‘making a sucking motion with the fingers’. (Might’ve read that in this thread actually!) which I found bizarre.
Something I also found weird was in the book ‘Madeleine’ written by Kate, there was a reference to something about when Maddie was born and her ‘perfect little genitals’, just thought that was an odd thing to think or to even comment on in a book? Perfect little fingers/toes/nose maybe but genitals? :s

Something just doesn’t feel right to me iykwim? I know they still have full custody of their children (I don’t think they should fwiw I think they need to be charged with neglect) so obviously shouting pweirdo is perhaps a bit over dramatic but it’s something I’ve never been able to shake off! I definitely think the pair of them know what happened to poor Madeleine though!

Reactions: 14
I haven’t watched the documentary but I’m very interested to get into it, I’ve read into the background of the case a little bit over the years, it really affects me because I remember Maddie going missing so well, she’s only a few years younger than I am.

Something I can’t shake off though is I really think Gerry was somehow involved (well, they both were!) but I do feel as if he was part of some sort of paedophile ring or similar, I remember there being rumours or hearing rumours that Gerry had accessed child abuse images which were subsequently destroyed and that there was an active paedophile ring around the Praia de Luz community?
Also that Gerry had made comments with one of the friends regarding the children, something to do with ‘making a sucking motion with the fingers’. (Might’ve read that in this thread actually!) which I found bizarre.
Something I also found weird was in the book ‘Madeleine’ written by Kate, there was a reference to something about when Maddie was born and her ‘perfect little genitals’, just thought that was an odd thing to think or to even comment on in a book? Perfect little fingers/toes/nose maybe but genitals? :s

Something just doesn’t feel right to me iykwim? I know they still have full custody of their children (I don’t think they should fwiw I think they need to be charged with neglect) so obviously shouting pweirdo is perhaps a bit over dramatic but it’s something I’ve never been able to shake off! I definitely think the pair of them know what happened to poor Madeleine though!
Ewww who even comments on that ... like you said , nose, fingers etc but her genitals is very very odd!!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Very weird and disturbing thing to say - especially in a book that will have been proof read, several re writes ect.
Hiding in plain site

I wouldn’t bother with the documentary unless you think she was abducted.
The right wing press had much more influence 10 years ago, I think a lot of people will see through this documentary and start asking questions. Defiantly approved of by the McCans - as someone pointed out - what better way to get people to watch it than say they didn’t want it shown

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

That remark of the finger in and out of her mouth with one hand and with the other hand suing one finger to circulate around the nipples, that’s in Amarals book, it was when she was 2 and a half and on holiday in Majorca, the Mccanns and friends and it was David Payne that asked Gerry if Maddie could do what he discribed🤢!The reference to the perfect genitals it’s from Kate’s book.

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Having watched the whole thing I’m staggered by the level of neglect of those babies by the parents. Whether they were involved or not I don’t know but there were scenes of Kate & Gerry being treated like celebrities or heroes, people lining the streets clapping, wanting to shake their hands! Yes of course I have sympathy but I can’t get past the fact they left 3 babies alone so they could eat & drink without them, saying “everyone does it”! No they bloody don’t! I’m furious on behalf of those poor kids, my sympathy is for them 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 10
How can they compare it to dining out in your own garden? Yes I've put my children to bed and enjoyed some time in the garden when they were younger but I knew it they were to wake I'd be able to hear them and that they were in a familiar place with familiar surroundings. If they were to wander out of bed then they wouldn't get far. This was a foreign country and NOT in plain sight of the restaurant. It's neglect!

Reactions: 14
Having watched the whole thing I’m staggered by the level of neglect of those babies by the parents. Whether they were involved or not I don’t know but there were scenes of Kate & Gerry being treated like celebrities or heroes, people lining the streets clapping, wanting to shake their hands! Yes of course I have sympathy but I can’t get past the fact they left 3 babies alone so they could eat & drink without them, saying “everyone does it”! No they bloody don’t! I’m furious on behalf of those poor kids, my sympathy is for them 😡
Exctaly. Whatever happend they left those children more then once to eat out, that is 100% on them. If they killed her, it was an acident or she really did get taken... If they werent so selfish nothing would have happend

Reactions: 4

So this isn’t the one in the Netflix doc?

Reactions: 1
What’s really infuriating it’s the fact that whatever happened it happened because they were left on their own, they knew she had had problems in sleeping straight to the night, and still they left them, 3 under 3, with doors unlocked, in a foreign country, and no charges were made against those two in relation to that, it’s frustrating😡🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I watched the cry and thought maybe it could have been a similar situation to that (I won't put why in case I spoil it and people haven't seen it)

There's something not right about her saying the window was open, the door was unlocked and if someone was carrying a child surely would have gone through the door. Also her leaving the babies while she ran down for help. She always comes across as detached and cold. I also found it odd when they're stood outside the church and she said 'she's lovely'. Its like you would describe someone elses child and not yours. I don't think it ever helped them that they shut down and only used the media when it suited.

It was odd the guy from the tapas went to check on them but didn't go in. They didn't say how well they knew him? I'm not sure I would have been able to relax unless I had checked myself, but then I wouldn't have left them in a hotel room with the door unlocked.

Either way it's an awful case of neglect, no matter how close they claim they were and how often they claim they checked and I can't help thinking if they were not doctors and well off, they wouldn't have got off as lightly. They were very selfish.

I've read so many theories over the years but still can't make my mind up on it!

Reactions: 8
Yes i saw the cry, didnt realise how simaler it was untill i watched the doc. Even them going off alone to search gave them a chance to dump the body.