Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okā€¦here goes.
My ex was a controlling man. At the time we were a very happy family, Enid Blyton type. But only because I did everything to make life easy, kids well behaved, smart, clean, no arguments. I was on a permanent diet, hair always just right, dressed smartly. Great cook but we only ate what he liked.
Life was blissā€¦as long as we did what he wanted.
I wonā€™t bore you details but at that time, if he had insisted we went for a meal and left the children alone then I would have done it.
Anything to maintain the happy family. I really believed I was doing the best for my children.
When I look at Kate, I see me and him.

When I did stand up to himā€¦I got promoted at work, was earning the same so queried why I could not make family decisions then he punished me by having an affair. It wasnā€™t the first, he did it to show I was not indispensable. But it gave me the courage to break free. My big mistake was not being open with my children and telling them how I had been bullied.

Kate is carrying guilt and still has two children to support and protect. She is hiding something.
When I look at her, I thinkā€¦.that could have been me, doing something I did not want to do just to keep everyone happy.
Iā€™m so glad you escaped, because that is what you did!

I agree to a point about Kate, I think Gerry is very controlling BUT Kate has a temper, in her book she mentions kicking the leg off of a bed in the days after Maddie disappeared, plus the vengeance she had for Snr Amaral is concerning.

i'll tell you tattlers another thing. Itā€™s a small world but I worked with alongside our doctors surgery for a while. The doctor I liked the best actually went to med school with Gerry. 'Wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw him' he said. šŸ˜†

• Wow
Reactions: 27

I agree to a point about Kate, I think Gerry is very controlling BUT Kate has a temper, in her book she mentions kicking the leg off of a bed in the days after Maddie disappeared, plus the vengeance she had for Snr Amaral is concerning.

i'll tell you tattlers another thing. Itā€™s a small world but I worked with alongside our doctors surgery for a while. The doctor I liked the best actually went to med school with Gerry. 'Wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw him' he said. šŸ˜†
im always fascinated by what people who know the Mccans personally have to say about them! What else did he say?

Reactions: 10
Can you give an example of this?
Genuine question - just have never seen this myself.

Here and Ive seen it before in earlier interviews on news shows.
It makes me uncomfortable his demeanoršŸ˜§

Now yes you can say...
- He has had enough of constant questioning
- is tired etc.
- Or angry at finger pointing
etc..

BUT Lets imagine he was all those things

SURELY the priority is to still keep being in the public eye
and searching for your kid
Young. Defenseless. Innocent child.

Tired, angry etc. You would want and need the media and public to help you šŸ¤”

Because if your innocent or and you believe she is still missing
its your daughter

you would just be all about the search and garnering support and not caring what the public thinks
because your innocent...
She is missing.

Another YouTube video one to check out
šŸ‘‡

Reactions: 11

A lady I know's mother had him as her consultant surgeon. She said he was awful, a cold, uncaring pig of a bloke who actually couldn't give a damn about the patients referred to him. Kinda says it all eh?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
instead of mocking maybe you should read the case files!
I'm not mocking? I just asked a question...

Here and Ive seen it before in earlier interviews on news shows.
It makes me uncomfortable his demeanoršŸ˜§

Now yes you can say...
- He has had enough of constant questioning
- is tired etc.
- Or angry at finger pointing
etc..

BUT Lets imagine he was all those things

SURELY the priority is to still keep being in the public eye
and searching for your kid
Young. Defenseless. Innocent child.

Tired, angry etc. You would want and need the media and public to help you šŸ¤”

Because if your innocent or and you believe she is still missing
its your daughter

you would just be all about the search and garnering support and not caring what the public thinks
because your innocent...
She is missing.

Another YouTube video one to check out
šŸ‘‡

Thanks for this! Explains a lot ā˜ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I donā€™t think Kate kicking a leg of a bed during a time of intense emotional turmoil, is indicative of a temper. I think itā€™s a uniquely stressful and traumatic time. Someone who is ā€œangryā€ IMO is someone who is trigger easily on a regular basis.

as for Gerry? I get bad vibes from him too.

I have a large group of friends in the medical profession. Basically surgeons as a rule are known to be arrogant and awful. A ā€œniceā€ surgeon is the outlier.

Reactions: 18
He was asked, how itā€™s possible, that the dogs alarmed to blood- and death-odour, Gerryā€˜s reaction was a laughingly ā€žAsk the dogsā€œ.
to be fair to Gerry.. itā€™s a stupid question to ask and reflects the deteriorating relationship they had with the media at the time. Iā€™ve worked in law enforcement and dogs are used for intelligence purposes but Iā€™ve never known it to be submitted as evidence.

And rightly so, because dogs are unreliable. They can signal because they are bored, or because they want a treat or attention. Spaniels get bored very quickly and can only be used for a certain amount of time before theyā€™ll start giving incorrect signals, so if youā€™ve got a dodgy handler, or a handler under intense scrutiny to provide results thenā€¦ youā€™re at risk of getting duds.

Sometimes theyā€™ll signal and itā€™ll provide a line of enquiry aka intelligence. So in this instance, the dogs signalling in the car wouldā€™ve been a line of enquiry to test the car for DNA, blood or other signs of a body being transported - but any of those things would be the evidence. Not the signal itself.

how was he supposed to explain why the dogs signaled? Like I mentioned, it couldā€™ve been for any number of reasons. Heā€™s not a dog handler or an expert in forensics.

it was a sassy response to a stupid question.

arguably the dogs shouldnā€™t have been used at all - the car shouldā€™ve been tested as a point of procedure, so it really feels like it was done for optics rather than any other reason. Bad police work IMO.

Reactions: 7
The dogs were proven accurate though because there were blood traces found in each area they alerted to. The cadavar dog alerted to certain areas including Kate and Seanā€™s clothes and she tried to play it down as being from a certain fish that releases cadaver, and that she wore those clothes to work. Thatā€™s proof she knew there were traces of death on those items and therefore the dogs were right. Gerry said it to be cocky because he knew there was no come back to it and he was well protected.

Reactions: 9
The dogs were proven accurate though because there were blood traces found in each area they alerted to. The cadavar dog alerted to certain areas including Kate and Seanā€™s clothes and she tried to play it down as being from a certain fish that releases cadaver, and that she wore those clothes to work. Thatā€™s proof she knew there were traces of death on those items and therefore the dogs were right. Gerry said it to be cocky because he knew there was no come back to it and he was well protected.
just because a dog signals correctly in one area, doesnā€™t mean all signals are correct. As time goes on they are likely to be duds. Iā€™ve worked directly with dogs. Sometimes they signal for no reason at all. In fact, they do so a lot of the time.

They can be a great resource, donā€™t get me wrong, but they arenā€™t good evidence, and Iā€™ve never known them to be admissible as evidence in a court of law.

my understanding was that the Portuguese police thought they found blood samples but this was proven to be inconclusive in a lab.

in summary, itā€™s best to ignore the dogs entirely unless collaborative evidence is found - which there wasnā€™t.

Iā€™ve never heard anything about Kate and fish, but itā€™s redundant either way. Expecting the McCanns to answer to these processes and procedures is setting them up for failure anyway and is trial by media. Hence why Gerry got pissy and short tempered. Regardless of whether you have an opinion on the parents being responsible for Maddys death, this still applies. Itā€™s ridiculous to expect someone, suspect or not, to respond or answer to that type of police work.

Reactions: 6
just because a dog signals correctly in one area, doesnā€™t mean all signals are correct. As time goes on they are likely to be duds. Iā€™ve worked directly with dogs. Sometimes they signal for no reason at all. In fact, they do so a lot of the time.

They can be a great resource, donā€™t get me wrong, but they arenā€™t good evidence, and Iā€™ve never known them to be admissible as evidence in a court of law.

my understanding was that the Portuguese police thought they found blood samples but this was proven to be inconclusive in a lab.

in summary, itā€™s best to ignore the dogs entirely unless collaborative evidence is found - which there wasnā€™t.

Iā€™ve never heard anything about Kate and fish, but itā€™s redundant either way. Expecting the McCanns to answer to these processes and procedures is setting them up for failure anyway and is trial by media. Hence why Gerry got pissy and short tempered. Regardless of whether you have an opinion on the parents being responsible for Maddys death, this still applies. Itā€™s ridiculous to expect someone, suspect or not, to respond or answer to that type of police work.
The parents categorically ARE responsible for her death/disappearance. Wether they killed her or not, wether they were involved in whatever happened to her - the fact remains that THEY LEFT HER AND 2 OTHER INFANTS ALONE IN AN UNLOCKED APARTMENT. And for that they should have been strung up for.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If those two and their Me Time had not been so important they would still have three children.

They chose to leave the children ostensibly asleep in the apartment to pursue their Adults Only dinner engagement with their mates - nobody else - if they'd not left their three little ones alone then this would not have happenned. OK it might perhaps have been any of the other children from the group who were left supposedly asleep when abducted (with the McCanns being the unlucky ones that night whom the abductor selected), but it does not alter the FACT that you simply DO NOT go out and leave the kids alone in a strange place in an unlocked apartment!

I'm wondering how different it would have been if it had been Tracy & Gary from some sink estate who went out on the razzle leaving their children alone in their apartment - how different would the reaction have been to them?

I remain resolute that I don't think these two paragons of parenthood killed the child but they sure as hell made it nice and easy for the abductor to walk in and snatch their daughter away leaving too many unanswered questions :( That they most certainly ARE guilty of;

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Look up Kate McCann and the sea
bass story she spun. Sea bass is known to release small amount of cadavar and she told everyone this was why the clothes had the scent of death on them, along with checking dead bodies at work which her workplace publicly denied. Therefore she had recent contact with a dead body that wasnā€™t at work, or a tit load of sea bass to bathe in!
Also there was blood found, please check the police files. It wasnā€™t enough to arrest them as it had been destroyed by bleach but it was proof enough that it matched madeleines dna.
i know dogs can randomly alert and be wrong, but in this specific case they were accurate based on police facts, which I chose to believe over the mccanns story.
I always note if something is my opinion if I have nothing to back it up with, none of this is my opinion itā€™s readily available information. If they were innocent they would have answered every question and supported the police in finding their daughter. Their arrogance and rudeness is no way for a grieving parent to behave towards the people trying to help them. I and many others would worship the people doing all they could do and finding leads, however difficult they were to hear. The mccanns were more interested in cancelling their food shop, playing tennis and suing the police over finding their child. If anyone thinks thatā€™s ok then theyā€™re as sick as the pair of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If those two and their Me Time had not been so important they would still have three children.

They chose to leave the children ostensibly asleep in the apartment to pursue their Adults Only dinner engagement with their mates - nobody else - if they'd not left their three little ones alone then this would not have happenned. OK it might perhaps have been any of the other children from the group who were left supposedly asleep when abducted (with the McCanns being the unlucky ones that night whom the abductor selected), but it does not alter the FACT that you simply DO NOT go out and leave the kids alone in a strange place in an unlocked apartment!

I'm wondering how different it would have been if it had been Tracy & Gary from some sink estate who went out on the razzle leaving their children alone in their apartment - how different would the reaction have been to them?

I remain resolute that I don't think these two paragons of parenthood killed the child but they sure as hell made it nice and easy for the abductor to walk in and snatch their daughter away leaving too many unanswered questions :( That they most certainly ARE guilty of;
From what was said at the time by a fellow holidaymaker the Tapas Nine also didnā€™t spend much time with the kids during the daytime!
They were too invested in playing tennis and going for walks on the beach alone while the kids were put in kids club at the resort!
What sort of a family holiday is that?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
please do not read this if you find child sexual abuse triggering.

I once went to this talk thing hosted by Professor David Wilson. at the end of the talk, he asked for any questions, and someone asked him about Maddie.

He said that he couldn't say definitively what had happened, but he personally believed she was kidnapped and sexually abused, most likely by some trafficking group. he also said he believes she is no longer alive. he said that in his opinion (and I guess experience?) she would've been abused so much that she would've become "damanged" and therefore "unusable" so she would've been killed.

I honestly can't remember what he said about the parents, if anything.

obviously this is just his opinion, and it's a relatively common one at that, but I'm putting it out there.

lovely man by the way, would highly recommend his talks. they're very interesting

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I know people under stress do strange things but I canā€™t square away Kate leaving the twins in the apartment after she realised Madeleine was missing. Would you not stay there and shout for help until someone came to you? Itā€™s even an bigger risk to leave the twins given her train of thought was supposedly abductors (ā€˜theyā€™ve taken herā€™) as opposed to your first reaction being that that sheā€™d wandered off.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The parents categorically ARE responsible for her death/disappearance. Wether they killed her or not, wether they were involved in whatever happened to her - the fact remains that THEY LEFT HER AND 2 OTHER INFANTS ALONE IN AN UNLOCKED APARTMENT. And for that they should have been strung up for.
I can't get on board with this. Unless it turns out the parents were involved in Maddie's death/disappearance (which I don't think they were) then they are not responsible for it. The fact they left the children alone is an example of bad parenting, shite parenting in fact but it does not make them responsible for murder. I get the impression that sometimes people are so keen to punish the parents for this that they don't actually care about the real culprit whoever that turns out to be. To suggest the parents should be executed for what they did (and consequently making the other two children orphans) is just ridiculous.

If Maddie was abducted from the room then it could have just as easily happened if the parents were there too. Presumably they had a separate bedroom to the children so they wouldn't have even been in sight had they been in the apartment anyway?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.