M&S Food #7 Food is delicious but decent offers is what we wish they'd give us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To add there's nothing wrong with microwaving a potato but It's not a jacket potato.

Reactions: 2
Finally got the 20% off bras on my Sparks. Just re-arranged my fitting appointment so it falls within the voucher time lol!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wonder why there is such a discrepancy between freebies.
Some people seem to get them regularly, others never do, others very occasionally.

I've only ever had two freebies. Bananas and a packet of Percy's. Nothing in a year, I'd say.

Same with offers. No new offers for me for about a fortnight now. Whereas others get weekly, others get ones randomly drop in. There's no pattern.

It's all so random!

Reactions: 10
I’ve never had a freebie and only have more clothes offers! 😭

I swear someone has changed settings on my app or something because I used to get food vouchers but haven’t had any in months 🤔

I can’t understand why their algorithm doesn’t see I only buy food, have never bought womenswear from there.

Reactions: 7
I’ve never had a freebie and only have more clothes offers! 😭

I swear someone has changed settings on my app or something because I used to get food vouchers but haven’t had any in months 🤔

I can’t understand why their algorithm doesn’t see I only buy food, have never bought womenswear from there.
I think they do it to get you to buy something from there because they know they already have your custom for food. It’s all so random!

Reactions: 6
Eggy crumpets sound great.

I wandered round M&S today and couldn’t see a single thing that caught my eye. But I did have time to be annoyed by the huge range of Percy Pig merch.
I mean, really? Percy Pigs are ok but I don’t want them on my pyjamas. Is it just me?
Same here. Last time I was in my local M&S the display caught my eye and I thought who would want that stuff. And I'm sure it's expensive too.

Reactions: 2
I love the M&S prepackaged salads, so lazy I know but they’re really good!

The sweet&crunchy one is my fave, followed by the santorini(sp?) one.

I’m far more likely to eat salad when I buy it like that as opposed to buying all the individual bits to prepare. I wish I could say I don’t have the time to prep but I admit I’m just lazy 🤪
Same here. I have the time to prep but I love theirs especially the sweet and crunchy one.
Add in meat/ cheese/ tuna/ whatever and I think I'm a top chef. 😁

Reactions: 4
I bought a pair of jeans yesterday and today I have got a 15% off jeans offer - yesterdays are going back and and rebuying another pair at a different till.

I bought a pair of jeans yesterday and today I have got a 15% off jeans offer - yesterdays are going back and and rebuying another pair at a different till.
They do this all the time! I imagine their thinking is that someone will love the first item so much they’ll want to rush back and purchase another. In reality it’s just annoying as we’re not all close enough to make another trip to M&S to do what you’re sensibly doing and return/repurchase.

Wish they’d just give a generic 15% off clothes or home wear or food. They would be used without all the hassle.

If you only want to buy potatoes for baking for one person occasionally, often the frozen ones work out cheaper in the long run... at least for me. I know some people seem to be able to keep potatoes for months without them sprouting to an irreversible extent (I'll cut small bits off but it gets to the point where I'd be cutting more off than I have potato left) and/or going green but I seem to get a week max even in a cool dry pantry in a potato sack.

I still oven cook them so there's not much time saving that way but they come out much better than in the micro though admittedly not as good as fresh.

I haven’t swiped my sparks card for the last couple of months , haven't had rewards for ages, but the last week I have
20% off women’s trousers, 20% off women’s dresses, 20% off women’s bras, 20% off women’s footwear, 50p off salad bag, 50p off pack of mince, £1 off £7 spend on cheese, 15% off clothing and home, 50p off £3 spend on butter.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t swiped my sparks card for the last couple of months , haven't had rewards for ages, but the last week I have
20% off women’s trousers, 20% off women’s dresses, 20% off women’s bras, 20% off women’s footwear, 50p off salad bag, 50p off pack of mince, £1 off £7 spend on cheese, 15% off clothing and home, 50p off £3 spend on butter.
Probably pretty easy to spend £3 on butter these days :(

Reactions: 5
Scan and shop anyone having issues using the iPhone app ( latest version) with the in store Wi-Fi? Bastard app tries to connect then

I get enable Wi-Fi error even when enabled in an endless loop so end upturning Wi-Fi off and using mobile data

Will end up forgetting the network at this rate happening in multiple M&S stores

Reactions: 1
Finally got my hands on the Mexican layered dip- whoever recommend it on here THANK YOU you’ve changed my life 😂 honestly one of the nicest things I’ve ever had the pleasure of eating!!

I’ve had a few good offers on my sparks card lately which has also coincided with me not shopping there for a few weeks 🤔🤔… I got a free bar of chocolate, free bag of sweets and 20% off candles- got myself one of the light up sparkly ones for £8. They’ve successfully lured me back in as I’ve now been three times this week 😩😂

Reactions: 9
Jacket potatoes top tip

if you bake a potato the night before and then reheat it it has a lower GI than a standard jacket potato. Pop one in the oven with your dinner the night before, keep it in the fridge until you need it. You get a genuine jacket at a cheaper cost and it didn’t spike your blood sugar as much. Winner

Reactions: 10
I had the bang bang prawn poke rice bowl for dinner on the go tonight. It was absolutely lush

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.