M&S Food #7 Food is delicious but decent offers is what we wish they'd give us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any suggestions for a quick and tasty tea that isn’t too unhealthy please?
Baked potato, salad and breaded chicken? I like the Cajun one - hubby likes the buttermilk. I get the M&S frozen baked potatoes handy for something quick as you can do them in the microwave! The chicken takes 15-20 mins and you can freeze it too and it’ll take 25 mins or so it’s good because you can get 3 boxes for £10 and it means you don’t have to eat it all the same week!

Reactions: 5
Baked potato, salad and breaded chicken? I like the Cajun one - hubby likes the buttermilk. I get the M&S frozen baked potatoes handy for something quick as you can do them in the microwave! The chicken takes 15-20 mins and you can freeze it too and it’ll take 25 mins or so it’s good because you can get 3 boxes for £10 and it means you don’t have to eat it all the same week!
Fab suggestion, thanks!

Reactions: 3
I love the M&S prepackaged salads, so lazy I know but they’re really good!

The sweet&crunchy one is my fave, followed by the santorini(sp?) one.

I’m far more likely to eat salad when I buy it like that as opposed to buying all the individual bits to prepare. I wish I could say I don’t have the time to prep but I admit I’m just lazy 🤪

Reactions: 7
They had meals for 2 in the veg section when I was in the other day. £5

I think all were veggie/vegan but looked great and it was advertised as 10 min prep time. Definitely healthy :)

Reactions: 1
Silly question why would you buy frozen baked potatoes?? an ordinary potato takes approximately 5 mins in the microwave

• Haha
Silly question why would you buy frozen baked potatoes?? an ordinary potato takes approximately 5 mins in the microwave
It’s handy having them in the freezer for freshness when I can’t get out to the shops to get a bag or I’ve run out of potatoes. I do buy fresh potatoes every week too we eat a lot of spuds in this house 😂 eta the frozen ones take 6 mins in the microwave too the chickens what takes 15-20 mins

Reactions: 8
The version of these from my local butcher definitely win 🤣 lockdown did one thing good.... made me explore that glorious place haha
Ah I’ll let you off on that one. Not tried a butchers version but I imagine they’d win!!

• Haha
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I ended up having the Santorini salad, baked potato and tuna 😋 Will need to do more of a proper shop when I have more time. Got to stock up on their tinned soups and baked beans etc.

Reactions: 4
How much do they set you back though? 😂
Not too bad. Last lot were like £2.50/£3 for 6 and the frequency I eat sausages.... I'd rather it was a goodun 🤣

They also do a tray of normal sausages for a fiver for BBQ times lol think that's 10

Silly question but why would you consider a microwaved potato comparable to a jacket potato. It's not even close

I ended up having exactly what I suggested 😂😂 I also had the peri peri Mayo but took photo before I added it.
C8C201F8-FB23-45BF-A744-F3C846CF734F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Silly question but why would you consider a microwaved potato comparable to a jacket potato. It's not even close
I’m a jacket potato purist too, wouldn’t eat a microwaved one. Understand they’re much quicker in the microwave but the skin doesn’t go crispy and the potato doesn’t have the same texture sadly.

Reactions: 8
I’m a jacket potato purist too, wouldn’t eat a microwaved one. Understand they’re much quicker in the microwave but the skin doesn’t go crispy and the potato doesn’t have the same texture sadly.
Obviously they’re much nicer baked in the oven, but they’re decent enough for a quick midweek dinner 😂

You can compromise and do the heavy lifting of cooking a jacket spud in microwave and then put it in the oven for the skin to crisp up. Saves some time. But nothing beats one done in the oven, low and slow.

Reactions: 5
I prefer sweet potato, will normally bake a couple and have it with steak and peppercorn sauce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.