M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t remember this reward card ever being that generous. I’ve got an M&S credit card and save the quarterly vouchers towards my Christmas shop. The reward card is of very little benefit for customers but for M&S it’s a fairly cheap way of capturing data.
Another thing I’ve mentioned before is how they like to send emails regularly asking what you think of a product and give them feedback. On many occasions I have replied and said I’m not doing free market research when they give everything to influencers for free. They don’t take any notice (of course) and continue to email. I just delete them now.
Yep, I had the lot, Sparks, credit card and bank account until they decided to close the banking arm, never did me any good really.

Reactions: 2
Yep, I had the lot, Sparks, credit card and bank account until they decided to close the banking arm, never did me any good really.
I had their pet insurance for a while, right after they started it. It was great as there wasn’t any excess to start. Then they brought in a big excess and I cancelled.

Reactions: 1
I bought the strawberry tarts this week. Ashamed to say I didn't share and they come in a tray of two. Please don't do the maths on the calories- so worth it. 🤪

Reactions: 4
Todays report from my local M&S (flatmate goes in almost every day) whoever designed the refit should be sacked as they have no ruddy idea.. there's great swathes of the store with open empty floorspace including at the back of store next to the new self service checkout pen.. but the sandwich section is partioned off behind a large display of what looks like leftover Christmas biscuit and shortbread tins and has only about a household front doors width of space in front. We have all seen what the sandwich section is like in M&S at lunchtime I'm sure... chaos

When you do find an actual manned old school checkout they have placed home and kitchenware display shelves directly behind so if there is - and there quite often will be - a senior citizen with a trolley paying at the till next to it they will block your exit from the store.

Head Office really have no idea what it's actually like to be a customer or staff working in the stores have they?

no but then again I am not likely to.. not a big fan of chocolate and don't have kids so easter eggs not really on my radar
Seen some more pics of our new M & S (they are moving to larger premises) and it looks like they have brought in a lorry load of seared pallets and told the joiners to make the bakery, cheese counter and salad bars out of them, they look a bit naff to be honest although someone described them as "trendy". Must say the frozen food area is looking brilliant, a big improvement on 4 freezers but the cafe looks like a works canteen. Will have to wait and see.

I bought the strawberry tarts this week. Ashamed to say I didn't share and they come in a tray of two. Please don't do the maths on the calories- so worth it. 🤪
I woudn't be ashamed, I would have scoffed them both. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can confirm after multiple helpings this evening that the West Country salted caramel ice cream is bloody delicious! Lovely pieces of caramel and toffee in a beautiful, creamy, not overly rich caramel ice cream base. Good price too..!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m going to M&S to claim my free biscuits today 🎉 Might grab something for dinner too. I have a love2shop gift card that someone gave me and I saw that you can use it in M&S which would make it even better.

So it seems custard choux bun Fridays are now a thing 🤦🏻‍♀️

Also the clothing sale has final reductions now, I just purchased dresses for £4.49!

• Heart
Who mentioned the onion ring crisps?! They were so good! Before I knew it the bag was empty but worth it for the calories! 😋😋😋

Who mentioned the onion ring crisps?! They were so good! Before I knew it the bag was empty but worth it for the calories! 😋😋😋
me! Although they are a popular item on these threads. I’ve been to 3 local stores of differing sizes and none have them. I am distraught! 😂

Was a bit disappointed on my visit today. They didn’t have much valentines and no Easter bits in yet. I got some of the mint buttons and the pizza meal deal for the weekend and some fruit.
There were some amazing bargains in the sale, bras for £1.99-£2.99, some nice dresses and a gorgeous black cord skirt reduced down to £4.99 but sadly none in my size. Mostly bits in the smaller or larger sizes. L

Got this for the price 🤣 it’s okay, cake is a bit dry but buttercream is nice, feels like it needs something else.. worth the 92p ha

424F9490-A8D4-43E0-AE3C-B866C1D4A540.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Used my voucher today and absolutely delighted with myself 🤣 got two pizzas and two sides ( Mac and cheese bites and halloumi fries), rose Prosecco which had a third off, 6 cocktail cans, THE BROWNIE BITES ARE BACK so stocked up on them too and then a free yumnut for 23 quid

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I bought the £15 Tex Mex deal on a whim yesterday, ooh I’m glad I did! I got the:
Rump Steak Burgers-other half says these are the best burgers they’ve ever tasted
Cheesy Chilli Beef Nachos-these were soooo good
Jalapeño Poppers-loved these also, nice and cheesy with a good kick
Mango and Lime Cheesecakes-other half had these, apparently delicious
Churros-I ate ALL of these 🙈 say no more 🤣
We also got the Buffalo Chicken Wings, will probably try these during the week with some salad

• Heart
We spent our voucher today too and got the tex mex dinner. They annoyingly didn’t have the churros! We got the buttermilk chicken, chilli nachos, jalapeño poppers, buffalo cauliflower, Smokey beans and coleslaw. Yum yum 😋

Also got wine, some snacky bits and the biggest bananas ever! My toddler is delighted with those monsters 🍌 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.