M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eggs taste cheap, pretzels don’t taste good, overall really sweet. Not nice
Ah that's a pity: I would've expected a similar standard to the Christmas version, which I loved.
I'll probably still try it tbh 🤣

I remember the first time I smelled that g&t sanitiser, I walked all around the store wondering where the smell was coming from before realising it was my hands! Loads of people tweeted them wanting to buy some as it was so good, I would have definitely bought it (as a sanitiser, hand wash, shower gel, candle, anything really!)
hahaha I did that also....

Praise the lord.. I got a sparks Offer .. free loaf of bread... hope it doesn't expire before I am back in the UK...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lady Luck is shining down on me and my uneaten free Percy Pigs (I got Colin the Caterpillars in the end) - 10 off 50 grocery spend in my Sparks today 🤣

Reactions: 1
I got the mango creme eggs ... not sure about them, the flavour is a bit weird ... and they're very pricey compared to proper creme eggs.

Reactions: 1
I used my 10% off to get a few meals from the count on us range, just something easy to get me through the nightshifts this week.

I can confirm that the Sausage with Colcannon mash is the worst thing to ever enter my mouth! 🤢🤢🤮

The 3 cheese ravioli was OK with a load of veg.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I used my 10% off to get a few meals from the count on us range, just something easy to get me through the nightshifts this week.

I can confirm that the Sausage with Colcannon mash is the worst thing to ever enter my mouth! 🤢🤢🤮

The 3 cheese ravioli was OK with a load of veg.
I find the count on us such a disappointment, they used to be really nice. Now all of the dishes that have tomato in taste the same, the pasta, cottage pie. I find the other range better, was called fuller for longer but has probably changed name. Had the coconut and chicken curry last week, really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 2
I find the count on us such a disappointment, they used to be really nice. Now all of the dishes that have tomato in taste the same, the pasta, cottage pie. I find the other range better, was called fuller for longer but has probably changed name. Had the coconut and chicken curry last week, really enjoyed it.
They used to do a fab burrito bowl and katsu curry in that range! This is going back to around 2011/2012 😜 If the M&S person who keeps adding the offers to my Sparks account now is reading please bring them back 😂

Not much Easter selection in the one on the outskirts of town. One of my daughters has been asking for crispy chilli beef for weeks and it hasn’t been in stock anywhere. Got some today and also picked up some choc covered peanut cluster from the Easter range. Doesn’t look as teeth destroying as peanut brittle! I saw the chunky bar of choc with the speckled eggs but didn’t buy it. Spent about £60 and didn’t swipe my sparks. There is probably no benefit to do this but it makes me feel happier.

Last edited:
Speaking of Easter, does anyone remember when they gave us money off (maybe £5) Easter eggs in the first year of sparks, heady days!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Speaking of Easter, does anyone remember when they gave us money off (maybe £5) Easter eggs in the first year of sparks, heady days!
I don’t remember this reward card ever being that generous. I’ve got an M&S credit card and save the quarterly vouchers towards my Christmas shop. The reward card is of very little benefit for customers but for M&S it’s a fairly cheap way of capturing data.
Another thing I’ve mentioned before is how they like to send emails regularly asking what you think of a product and give them feedback. On many occasions I have replied and said I’m not doing free market research when they give everything to influencers for free. They don’t take any notice (of course) and continue to email. I just delete them now.

Reactions: 8
£5 where I am. Were yours from a BP concession or do prices vary depending on area?

I've bought a box but not tried them yet.
London Oxford Street store, but they do seem to add a minimum 25p surcharge on to everything in that branch! So I'm not surprised they're £5 elsewhere.

• Wow
Todays report from my local M&S (flatmate goes in almost every day) whoever designed the refit should be sacked as they have no ruddy idea.. there's great swathes of the store with open empty floorspace including at the back of store next to the new self service checkout pen.. but the sandwich section is partioned off behind a large display of what looks like leftover Christmas biscuit and shortbread tins and has only about a household front doors width of space in front. We have all seen what the sandwich section is like in M&S at lunchtime I'm sure... chaos

When you do find an actual manned old school checkout they have placed home and kitchenware display shelves directly behind so if there is - and there quite often will be - a senior citizen with a trolley paying at the till next to it they will block your exit from the store.

Head Office really have no idea what it's actually like to be a customer or staff working in the stores have they?

no but then again I am not likely to.. not a big fan of chocolate and don't have kids so easter eggs not really on my radar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.