M&S Food #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG love this thread…. So many recommendations to try out!

personal faves:

- best ever lasagna that is with braised beef instead of mince
- the rotisserie chicken from the hot counter in a crusty baguette from the bakery
- the slow cooked Vietnamese pork belly which we have in bao buns
- the best ever Mac and cheese
- cheesy pretzels from the bakery
- the feta and spinach parcels from the deli range
- the non alcoholic pina colada juice 🤤
- the £10 Chinese meal box which we usually top up with a couple of bits and have over 2 dinners. All freezes well too
- kids love the beef stir fry meal deal

also big fans of the rainbow birthday cake which I bought for my 1 year olds birthday party and now have one for my birthday every year as friends always ask if that’s the cake 😂
That pork belly in bao buns sounds amazing! Which section do I find this in please? I need it in my life but feel like I’ve never noticed it!

Reactions: 1
That pork belly in bao buns sounds amazing! Which section do I find this in please? I need it in my life but feel like I’ve never noticed it!
It’s at the end of the meat section in mine… looks like this…. It’s a proper treat but make sure you follow the cooking instructions to crisp up the top

4E992547-9EE1-4E8D-A8BB-32CF9032B67F.png

Reactions: 1
The bao buns are separate, not sure what area they’re in though as I’ve only bought them through Ocado before.
Sorry to jump in, but in my store the bao buns are in the fridge, same section as the pork belly and other slow cooked meats like pulled pork and teriyaki beef 🤤

So in theory you might find the two together or close to one another

Reactions: 5
Sorry to jump in, but in my store the bao buns are in the fridge, same section as the pork belly and other slow cooked meats like pulled pork and teriyaki beef 🤤

So in theory you might find the two together or close to one another
Got them both! Can’t wait for tea later 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've just polished off a pack of those peanut butter chunkies in about 30 seconds. They're out of stock on ocado, hope they come back soon, they're going in my hospital bag for when I give birth alongside the dark chocolate rice cakes 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
any m&s sauvignon blanc recommendations? If there's any white wine drinkers on here. I'm fancying a change from barefoot..

OMG love this thread…. So many recommendations to try out!

personal faves:

- best ever lasagna that is with braised beef instead of mince
- the rotisserie chicken from the hot counter in a crusty baguette from the bakery
- the slow cooked Vietnamese pork belly which we have in bao buns
- the best ever Mac and cheese
- cheesy pretzels from the bakery
- the feta and spinach parcels from the deli range
- the non alcoholic pina colada juice 🤤
- the £10 Chinese meal box which we usually top up with a couple of bits and have over 2 dinners. All freezes well too
- kids love the beef stir fry meal deal

also big fans of the rainbow birthday cake which I bought for my 1 year olds birthday party and now have one for my birthday every year as friends always ask if that’s the cake 😂
Cheesy pretzels from the bakery?! 👀

I had a whole pack of the honey, mustard & onion pretzel bites tonight and I have absolutely no regrets about it. They are unreal!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Went to M&S early and got some yellow sticker items...

cheese and tomato pizza
breaded mushrooms
best ever lasagne
Cauliflower cheese
Chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with potatoes. :)
When do you find is peak yellow sticker time? There’s a Simply Food right next door to my gym so I feel obliged to time my visits as motivation.

Reactions: 3
When do you find is peak yellow sticker time? There’s a Simply Food right next door to my gym so I feel obliged to time my visits as motivation.
It seems to vary by Manager, some on here have said early in the morning but my one is last 30 minutes and on a Sunday it's down to the last 2 minutes. You'll need to vay your gym time and keep popping in till you know their system, could be dangerous though :D

My Sparks offers are in… No freebie 😡 I’ve been visiting a bit more frequently thanks to this thread. Can really recommend the calamari in the cold section - great for salads/snacking and only 142 calories for the whole pack. Also their salad stuff is so much better quality than Sainsbury’s (my local supermarket).

Reactions: 4
My Sparks offers are in… No freebie 😡 I’ve been visiting a bit more frequently thanks to this thread. Can really recommend the calamari in the cold section - great for salads/snacking and only 142 calories for the whole pack. Also their salad stuff is so much better quality than Sainsbury’s (my local supermarket).
I use Sainsburys for most shopping as it is closest but Waitrose for fresh produce as M&S is too far away. M&S and Waitrose pay more and get 1st dibs on fruit and veg and it shows in shelf life and general quality, not comparable and defo worth paying the extra.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.