M&S Food #10 Christmas treats are coming, don't set the bar low with Gary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't hate me cus you ain't me...
20221124_121347.jpg

My mum had these in her cupboard that she had stashed away and then forgot about. She's dieting now so their mine!!! 😎😎😎

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Went in today to get some bits and found there’s a new type of frozen garlic bread in the bakery section freezers it’s in with the boulle and baguettes. This one has cheese in it!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 it’s called a cheddar cob, I can’t wait for dinner tonight!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve heard of a few people win that and it’s almost always someone who’s only bought a few things. I presume the odds are more in your favour the lower your total…
I got £86 worth of food free at my nearest (but tiny) store, and was amazed at the lack of fuss. The cashier asked for my Sparks card, then just said ‘nothing to pay today,enjoy!’ .

Christmas is ramping up! Loads of new stuff at the big store and the two tiny ones. Got loads of Jumbo Fish Fingers (just in case!) , party stuff for the freezer, and a couple of tins of Merry Munch - they’ve only had the little £2 bags at my store. A friend made Christmas reindeer brownies using the choc pretzels for antlers in the top two corners and red smartie noses. Cute, and easy for kids.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I was in m&s today and told the lady on the till I hadn’t had any offers for weeks and weeks. She said it didn’t sound right and I should email cust9mer services 🤔

Reactions: 2
I ran in to M&S today to get a salad for tomorrow's work lunch.
Came out half an hour later having spent over £80 on all sorts, including a couple of the cutesy Christmas house tins of tea and cookies, 2 bags of the cinnamon and chocolate tortillas, a diffuser (Christmas gift), and 4 pink lady apples (so crisp and delicious)
Reindeer bao buns, 2× tiger prawn selection, pigs in blankets (all OK to freeze at home so that's Christmas day starter sorted!)
Oh and the salad I went in for!
Had a money off voucher on Sparks too so saved £5.

I live in ROI but was shopping in NI today: the lovely lady in store when I was paying for some jeans explained that the Sparks app can be used in both regions. There's an option to change country in the settings menu. It took a while for my new offers to load but when they did I was able to have my purchase refunded and put through again using 10% off on Sparks.
Might be useful to anyone shopping on holiday etc.
Don't forget to change back to home country version of app afterwards!

Reactions: 10
Got my hands on the chocolate bar a day advent calendar - I actually bought 2 so no one gets any ideas in this house. They are tiny I must say for £12 it feels like a scam but hopefully they’ll taste amazing. They were at the very bottom shelf in the Christmas aisle not beside the other advent calendars either more near to the Belgian chocolate truffles and that sort of thing.

A lot of their deals have gone up in price - 3 for £10 is now 3 for £12! I do love their breaded fish selection tbh I think it’s worth it. They also had these beautiful tins of biscuits would make a lovely gift for someone they were £9 but the tin is gorgeous for keeping photographs or something in it after.View attachment 1754242
My sister bought that one to give as a gift.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Been in this morning and managed to get a pannatone yum nut. Disappointed doesn’t even get near it, it was so underwhelming. No where near enough filling. It was very 🫤. Also got some 4 for 3 party food as we having some fronds over tomorrow for drinks and nibbles. I’ve not really thought it through and have just picked random stuff up, but once the gin comes out who cares 😂. I also picked up the obligatory poinsettia for my mum. Emma Bridgewater has designed the pot its in which os sweet, a few designs to choose from.

Sorry for the typos!

Me again …i hate it when you make a new comment and it joins your previous. Anyhow, if anyone is an Ocado shopper, snow globe gin os on a Black Friday offer for £8

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Controversial but I absolutely loved the panettonut!

I also got the mince pie and custard Danish pastry which is good as well.

Reactions: 4
Are they doing the chorizo pigs in blankets this year? Could only see the normal ones when I popped in today

Been in this morning and managed to get a pannatone yum nut. Disappointed doesn’t even get near it, it was so underwhelming. No where near enough filling. It was very 🫤. Also got some 4 for 3 party food as we having some fronds over tomorrow for drinks and nibbles. I’ve not really thought it through and have just picked random stuff up, but once the gin comes out who cares 😂. I also picked up the obligatory poinsettia for my mum. Emma Bridgewater has designed the pot its in which os sweet, a few designs to choose from.

Sorry for the typos!

Me again …i hate it when you make a new comment and it joins your previous. Anyhow, if anyone is an Ocado shopper, snow globe gin os on a Black Friday offer for £8
Gin will only exacerbate hunger so no concerns there 😁

Omg the party food Kyivs are amazing!!! I hoped my kids didn't want theirs so I could swoop in 😂

I have a bag of free Colins on my sparks 🐛

Reactions: 2
Not to derail but wanted to highlight to the party food/nibbly tea lovers among us that the Co-Op have some bits in their freezer on a 2 for £4! We tried the chilli cheese bites, veg spring rolls, mozzarella sticks and onion bhajis last night. All decent enough. 12 items per box! Great value!!

Reactions: 8
Oxford Street food hall has zillions of the Xmas tins (although most of them shortbread and tea, not many with hot chocolate which I was mainly after) and they are on 3 for 2. You can mix sizes (and hence content), cheapest item free... I like to give them to family for Christmas, not sure if it's a promotion specific to that store, if I see it in my local I'll get a few more.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.