Lydia Millen #59 The puppy lisperer appears, buying a dog won’t save your career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Oops... Ok I caved in and my avatar for solidarity is a Amish rocking horse lol (I am predicting an amish theme coming soon)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Carrie removed her profile status that she works with her best friend and made her account private and seemed to me not 100% sure that Lydia has removed some of thier pics together mabye??! And she is not mentioning Carrie and Bolly as before especially with training porter etc I think they are not working together anymore have I missed anything? Has anyone noticed ?
Or Carrie is still going round there breaking lockdown rules, and they’re keeping it on the DL.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Not gonna lie, when I saw her spending such an incredible amount of money in such a short timeframe I did wonder if she had somehow gotten her hands on some kind of inheritance...
If there was inheritance coming to her, it wouldn’t be so soon. It takes a while with those kind of things. Also her grandma is still alive so the estate probably is just passed to her.

Reactions: 14
If there was inheritance coming to her, it wouldn’t be so soon. It takes a while with those kind of things. Also her grandma is still alive so the estate probably is just passed to her.
If there is a bit of money, it will take years!

Reactions: 9
Carrie removed her profile status that she works with her best friend and made her account private and seemed to me not 100% sure that Lydia has removed some of thier pics together mabye??! And she is not mentioning Carrie and Bolly as before especially with training porter etc I think they are not working together anymore have I missed anything? Has anyone noticed ?
I had a look at Carries linkedin account and it still says she works for LEM online 🤷‍♀️ I wouldn't be surprised if their friendship was on the rocks though. It is bound to happen at some point.

I had a look at Carries linkedin account and it still says she works for LEM online 🤷‍♀️ I wouldn't be surprised if their friendship was on the rocks though. It is bound to happen at some point.
Absolutely bound to happen. My sister is v similar to Lidl - lets face it, we all have come across this type of personality and it doesn’t take medical expertise to identify - she would give up all friendships ultimately because she would detect a perceived criticism and then - poof - friendship over. She ended up isolating herself and her husband from anyone and everyone and then, subsequently, her kids. No contact for her kids with grandparents on either family side and ultimately with no family members on either side. I won’t bang on about it but suffice it to say, the isolation caused her husband to become very ill.
Isolation of lockdown has taken it’s toll on many but an imposed one implemented by your spouse must be on another level. I think he is going to become ill.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I think that’s the reason I assumed she didn’t graduate as well @Oops...
I just don’t understand how a person who has precisely zero idea when it comes to constructing a grammatically correct sentence not only passed the requisite units, but managed to graduate from University?
HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

When I was studying for both my Applied Biology and Nursing Degrees, if a student’s academic essay was overrun with spelling errors, or just didn’t make sense, it was an automatic fail ... for the essay only, not the lab hurdles or exams for that Unit, and don’t even get me started on using the Harvard Referencing Style both within the essay itself and the Bibliography - truly the stuff of nightmares and I’m considering going back to get my PhD!

You may not have noticed that I’m a little pedantic when it comes to all things grammar related because I hide it so well, but I would lose sleep if I thought I’d forgotten an Oxford comma (one of my regular Unit Chair’s insisted they be used in the Units he taught and it stuck - controversial, I know), and I would proof read every single essay approximately 137 times before I would even think of submitting it.

I used to drive myself around the twist obsessing over the minutiae of everything I wrote, including Facebook posts and Instagram captions.
Oh, who am I kidding, I still do ... I’m just a little more liberal with the use of dashes and ellipsis these days! 😉

ETA: Lab Hurdles is the term used for practical exams, nothing to do with a dog jumping over a piece of sports equipment ... tasks like taking a manual blood pressure, auscultating the heart and lungs and identifying any anomalies, inserting cannulas, administering tube feeds, calculating IV drug doses and programming an infusion pump, demonstrating correct resuscitation technique, and so on and so forth!
Wouldn't surprise me if she had someone do her essays for her. Isn't that what she did in school according to one of the first GG threads?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Maybe you can't see her profile status because she made the account private? I happened when Lydia was paranoid because of her spy and deleted an assload people on her private Insta, and Carrie did the same.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Maybe you can't see her profile status because she made the account private? I happened when Lydia was paranoid because of her spy and deleted an assload people on her private Insta, and Carrie did the same.
Someone I know IRL blocked me recently and their bio seemed to change randomly (and no, I wasn't mentioned in the bio 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I remember someone here commenting (possibly around about Christmas time) that changing the dynamics in the office by including more staff working together may easily cause dissent. Maybe that observation was correct and prophetic...I must admit that Office Politics can make some unhappy if it isn’t handled sympathetically. In my own experience who you put in each office and where you seat them can be a very important consideration when you want to achieve the good of all. I remember the post here because it definitely resonated.
That was me. But this needs some time. There was no time for building up the needed emotions.

If they really had a fall out, it's more due to the fact that Carries "friend" didn't like Lydia (because he saw right through her) and intervened. Especially for the fact that Carrie is only skin and bones nowadays. Also, Lydia's behaviour during the last year escalated. And now she got a dog, and Carrie seems very passionate about her dog, and she knows Lydia probably the best. Also, their friendships dynamic is odd. (I'm so tired today, and the needed words won't come to my mind, so I have to write around, what I actually try to say)

• Heart
I felt that as a VIP member I should have an appropriate avatar. As such, I have chosen elastic, as we know her Majesty loves a bit round the waist or the arms to cinch some poor bleeping item in, to show her teeny tiny waist off!

If anyone has already used this image, I apologise, please let me know and I will find one more appropriate.

As stated before, many times on this thread, our Lidl is not a busy lady, she has so much free time to stalk other influencers and copy them. There have been many, recently she stalked her designer (the one with the poo coloured loo) we are waiting to see what her next effort in the bungalow/sorry Potager Pile is, maybe the loo, maybe Lydia's bedroom, who knows. It could actually be a film set by the end of the year!
Now she's still stalking and copying Josie, Vic has been forgotten and banished to irrelevancy! We have Irene who lives in the country and wears white outfits and has a greenhouse, geese and chickens - so watch this space! And of course Melissa's Wardrobe, she loves a bit of Hermes and Amina Muaddi (who Lidl mentioned the other week). Work is thin on the ground, so the Karen Millen edit is ground breaking, life changing, the bleeping dream of course!!! and we are 3 weeks into January and has she even promoted anything else??? Vic was sent the new spring coloured Bulgari bag to promote as she's an ambassador - don't think Lydiot got one - and we assume she has her staff in even though we are in lockdown.

Anyway, anyone fancy going halves with me on some socks for Ali for Valentines Day???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Have only just read this SS! I am SO very sorry - that must have been THE most gruelling time for you. Really. Full marks to your mother for helping you - many wouldn’t. Your compassion shines. I think many of us feel a bit rotten at times vis Lydia and then she goes and does something else that shakes the reality back into us.

I don’t want to jump on the bandwagon over her grandfather because he was definitely lovely but I must say that the one thing most would have not criticised her for taking more time off for was this. Yet she has seemingly carried on as normal. That has surprised me but I really do understand that grief takes people in different ways. One of our graduates at the office absolutely refused the compassionate leave I gave him when his father died for instance. He said it was important for him to remain occupied.
Thank you @Oops... your kind words mean a lot. ♥

It was really difficult going through so many losses in one year as a teenager, but I’m glad my Mum got me the help I needed as quickly as she did. She really was an amazing person.

When my Mum died suddenly and unexpectedly, I knew pretty much immediately that I wouldn’t cope very well at all without professional help, so about a week after her funeral I made an appointment with my GP to get a referral to see a Psychiatrist ... I still have a regular appointment with him once a month, it keeps me in a good head space and he helped me enormously when I was dealing with the uncertainty and anxiety I felt when the pandemic was at its worst here.

There is no shame in seeking out professional help for your mental health - I’m a big advocate for it.

And you’re right about grief effecting everyone differently ... I have friends who have lost a parent and have coped by throwing themselves into their work, but the thing that really rang the alarm bells for me about Lydia was her arguing with a stranger on Twitter over an Hermès purchase, not the purchase itself.
I think it would have been better for her if she had just ignored the comment from Nikki because it was her response, and the fact that she claimed it was “her job”, that caused so many people to question if she was genuinely upset about her Nonno’s death.
Perhaps if she’d responded differently with something like “My Nonno just died, and this purchase brought me a tiny piece of happiness during what has been a very hard time” would have been more appropriate and therefore may not have reflected so badly on her?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That was me. But this needs some time. There was no time for building up the needed emotions.

If they really had a fall out, it's more due to the fact that Carries "friend" didn't like Lydia (because he saw right through her) and intervened. Especially for the fact that Carrie is only skin and bones nowadays. Also, Lydia's behaviour during the last year escalated. And now she got a dog, and Carrie seems very passionate about her dog, and she knows Lydia probably the best. Also, their friendships dynamic is odd. (I'm so tired today, and the needed words won't come to my mind, so I have to write around, what I actually try to say)
Very good point, well made. It could be Carrie’s friend in the mix altering the dynamic ( #hulahoops gate didn’t help!!) but, really, in all honesty, who employs their best friend? Partner with your friend, maybe, but employ??

That old adage - don’t tit where you eat - resonates - but then, again, you only have to look at Porter to knock that one on the head!

• Heart
I changed my avatar to a septic tank which I (think) is what Ali has to constantly climb down to fix outside 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I understand why you'd feel that way, but rest assured that you only voiced what many of us are thinking.

I do wonder if buying and acquiring material things is one of her coping mechanisms? I know I went through a phase of ordering A LOT of things to make up for something I thought was missing in my life (I'm well over it now).
Thank you for understanding where I was coming from @theredgossiper.
I still don’t feel great about writing that post, but it helps to know I’m not alone in the thoughts I expressed.

And I think you may be right about Lydia’s need to constantly procure material possessions despite already having so much ... perhaps, for her, these purchases fill a void of some sort, even if it’s only temporarily.

Thank you also for your kind words of condolence, I appreciate them. ♥

Grief is a tricky thing for me because sometimes at work I can feel like I’m surrounded by death and devastated family members.
I love my job, I love caring for those who are unable to care for themselves, I love being part of a team that helps to heal people, and there is nothing else I would rather do in this life ... but I have to admit, the death part of it really does suck!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Or Carrie is still going round there breaking lockdown rules, and they’re keeping it on the DL.
Isn’t she contracted by Lydia for her services? I’m guessing Carrie is utilising the self employment grant which states:

In order to claim, you must reasonably believe that you will suffer a significant reduction in trading profits due to reduced business activity, capacity, demand or inability to trade due to coronavirus during 1 November 2020 to 29 January 2021. You must keep evidence that shows how your business has been impacted by coronavirus resulting in less business activity than otherwise expected.

If she was in the vlogs every so often during lockdown then I’m guessing this wouldn’t reflect an impact on her business as a contractor?

Pure speculation of course but I imagine this is why.

Reactions: 16
Wouldn't surprise me if she had someone do her essays for her. Isn't that what she did in school according to one of the first GG threads?
Really @Wophie? I was never on that site, so this is news to me - although I probably shouldn’t be surprised given Lydia’s ineptitude when it comes to all things grammar related.

It did used to happen, though, but I think it’s much harder to get away with these days because apparently all essays are submitted online and attached to your student record in an effort to prevent plagiarism ... I’m not exactly sure how it works because I did my Degrees so long ago that having dial up internet at home wasn’t even a thing yet!

Reactions: 8
Sorry @Oops for the trouble - but I had to change my #solidarity Avatar. My Purdey penholder looked like a giant poo and was not assssssthetically pleasing.

I have chosen Aldi’s driving glove to go with his Aston Martin tweeds- hope it’s not taken!

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.