Lydia Millen #57 Can't be bothered with January vlogs, she's on maternity leave for a dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said they had trouble with her payments (yes, payments) going through. I assumed she used multiple cards to make the purchase.
That’s embarassing. It’s understandable when your bank needs to check that you genuinely used the card for a large purchase but multiple cards?? Reeks of someone living on credit. And for someone so ‘rich’ I’m surprised she doesn’t have an Amex Platinum or Black card. But she probably wouldn’t qualify anyway nor would she be willing to pay the annual fee. I’m guessing credit scores for her and Ali can’t be great with the mortgage and cars on hire purchase.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m finding it really strange that all these influencers now walking around with a Kelly or a Birkin. Few years ago it was only available to prestigious people or high class celebrities.
I really think she thought if she gets one she will be looked at differently. But the fact that she has 0 clue about the brand just shows how uneducated she is. Surely if you thinking of a Birkin you do your research on leathers,sizes,colours, protectors,twillys A SECURITY LOCK FOR YOUR DRESSING ROOM 💁🏻‍♀️ is it just me or wouldn’t any normal person think the same? Surely you wouldn’t just drop it near the door and go “ oh well it’s only a Birkin bag” 🤷🏻‍♀️

I really think she has no realistic look on money or the amount of consumerism that goes on in between the two of them. I will never understand why they got a dog when they already have a cat. Lumi is not a normal cat, those kind of cats hate dogs, I won’t be surprised if Lumi is gonna terrorise it. 😑

I'm waiting for the big video... We have been robbed worst year of my life (remember Ali doesn't matter).

And then the big insurance claim goes in and she can start her collection all over again 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So his gift was chosen by an interior designer. How special 🙄. He was raving about Lydia’s amazing hard work on designing Dumbledore’s office. 1) dial number 2) Hello is that an interior designer? Can you design an escape room please? 3) hang up phone. Phew! Exhausting!
I don’t think you truly appreciate the hard work put in by Lydia. She needed so much self care following those exhausting calls. This is Lydia remember to her this is real effort usually her minions would make such a call.

• Haha
How is this not the most adorable thing you ever seen?!? LOL totally get it though. Dogs don’t need coats and they certainly don’t need an entire wardrobe 😂

View attachment 387878
He/she IS adorable! I just can't get on board with the sweater, sorry. I actually think it makes them really uncomfortable, but you know your dog best and I'm sure you would never cause him any discomfort. What a sweet fluffy face :love:

Reactions: 5
Something is very fishy with sellierknightsbridge...it just doesn’t make sense, the high amount of stock they have and the prices they sell for. It too many bags for very low prices (considering it’s a birkin).
somethings is not right here....

Reactions: 27
Or she is very devious, post a pic, see how fast its posted on Tattle look at who viewed the stories block them for being the screenshot taker..
I saw her “young man splayed on his back” stories within 2 mins (I just happened to be there at the right time). Screenshotted and blocked her immediately so she couldn’t see my username and try to match it up 🙊 #smartsnooping

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Think about this for a moment 💁🏻‍♀️Have you ever seen a high class woman/man flaunt their wealth?
In France there are two types of rich people:
-new money
-old money
New money people are just like Lidl. Buy designer, flaunt it to the whole world, have 0 savings or investments, have a huge house with a mortgage their grandkids will still be paying long after their gone, drive expensive cars, yet no holiday or no fancy dining experience 🤷🏻‍♀️
The old money people have savings, investments in numerous businesses, high education, morals,they dress impeccable, drive A class cars,dine in prestigious restaurants, travel the world to experiencedifferent cultures, treat people with respect YET you don’t see any of them unboxing a bag, purchasing their new car or house, in fact most of the true old money people you wouldn’t even think that they are that rich.
I have a friend who is very wealthy, I known her since high school. Every time we meet, she is dressed head to toe in designer with her Hermés bag. I always tell her how gorgeous she is and of course her bag & outfit is to die for, she always says thank you and changes the subject to the charity is is working with at that moment.
I always says you do not need to be rich to have class or elegance. If she is that desperate to become this person she is trying to be, she should start with etiquette classes and education 🤷🏻‍♀️
While everyone is out there being an influencer & also having a “real job” like normal people Lidl has absolutely nothing to show for herself except the huge debt she is in 💁🏻‍♀️
I’m so sorry I keep writing huge essays 🤭😅
This is 100% true. I spent a large proportion of my childhood in France as the war in Lebanon meant we were spread out all over the place. My Iranian grandmother was exiled in Paris and she was a massive influence too. Ostentatious displays of wealth are definitely frowned upon. Showing off is vulgar. French women tend to invest in timeless classic peices and have less but better quality. I have three beautiful handbags that cost a small fortune but I love them and use them all the time. My husband is from Oman and absolutely hates flashiness. He won't even wear anything with a logo. The funny thing is though, wherever we go people LOVE him because he's gorgeous to everyone. His manners are perfect and he's treated with love and respect because of his behaviour not because of how much cash he flashes. These two really need to learn a thing or two about life in general. My husband says that if you're an asshole to people when you're on the way up, no one will help you when you're on the way down and Lydia and Ali's gravy train will reach its final destination at some stage. They'll get older and people will lose interest because youth is everything in the influencer world. That's when Lydia will lose it completely as her identity and self esteem is completely defined by people being envious of her. She has no class, and that's completely fine. Just don't pretend that you do because people in the know can see right through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I saw her “young man splayed on his back” stories within 2 mins (I just happened to be there at the right time). Screenshotted and blocked her immediately so she couldn’t see my username and try to match it up 🙊 #smartsnooping
Or one could take screen shot, edit photo to block out our username and post it on tattle. She won’t be able to tell who it is. We’ll always be able to outsmart dum dum chlamydia !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
First of all why does Ali’s mouth seem weird when he talks on his stories? He seems abit lispy? Maybe not lispy but something seemed different- as though his mouth is full of saliva or something?!
I can’t work it out but it was making me feel abit 🤢I swear he never used to speak like that. Was quite distracting!He seems like a totally different bloke to what he was years ago. They have both become so detached from the real world- it’s like they are two kids playing at being adults. They put on their fancy dress outfits (aka tweed jackets and hunting attire) and just sit around the house. I mean- that is not normal! The photo of Lidl in her boot cupboard sorry boot room, with those boots on made me howl. Who does that? The boots didn’t have a scrap of mud on. If she was really country they would be knee deep in mud.
then they go and sit in their set designed rooms that smell of pretend cigars and pretend they are the lords and ladies of downtown. They never switch the oven on except to heat a pizza up and they just take videos of themselves talking about what they want to buy and be gifted next. It’s so bizarre and no one can relate to this utter bullshit. It’s actually scary!
They have both lost the plot completely. I used to love watching them as two young, attractive people starting off in life with lots of interests and a hunger to want more but to work hard for it. I remember Lidl being so proud of her little closet in her room and so proud of her house that she had put so much effort into. She seemed natural and easy natured then. Ali seemed like your normal electrician that you could have a beer and a laugh with! But now they are both so very..... odd.
Money and success has changed them. And it’s not for the better, they have totally lost themselves. I really can’t see their influence lasting much longer because they really are not relatable in the slightest! Who wants to come home after a long shift and watch these two prize idiots playing dress up?!! It’s so embarrassing now!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I know there are people on here who don't like inthefrow, I think she is ok, I have watched a few things of hers and my opinion has always been that she is far more talented, a more likeable person and a few other things, than Lydiot. I have only just this minute discovered her website with her recipes and other bits and pieces and hells bells she soooo puts Lydiot to shame even more so now.
What does Lydiot do??
And I know we all say this and I have said it before too but seriously now, Victoria is producing content, she is giving advice, what do we get from 'tit for brains' apart from look at me me me.
I looked up those stupid glasses she was wearing, they are apparently to help with watching a computer screen, so my thought is with all this help you have Lydiot why in the hell are you looking at a computer screen sooo much.
What value added does she give to her followers? They haven't even seen the dog yet. I personally have no desire to see her dog, she could have adopted a skunk for all I care but what the feck is she doing hiding him away. All that waffle about letting him settle in, do followers actually believe that tripe?? She must be letting him get bigger so she cant be accused of taking him too early from his mum. Surely any other serious blogger would be making content about a new dog coming into a household, how to handle it, what is needed etc. Blah blah blah, I am sure I have already said most of this, it was just seeing Victorias web site that got me stirred up again over Lydiot's lack of everything. Vent vent vent.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is 100% true. I spent a large proportion of my childhood in France as the war in Lebanon meant we were spread out all over the place. My Iranian grandmother was exiled in Paris and she was a massive influence too. Ostentatious displays of wealth are definitely frowned upon. Showing off is vulgar. French women tend to invest in timeless classic peices and have less but better quality. I have three beautiful handbags that cost a small fortune but I love them and use them all the time. My husband is from Oman and absolutely hates flashiness. He won't even wear anything with a logo. The funny thing is though, wherever we go people LOVE him because he's gorgeous to everyone. His manners are perfect and he's treated with love and respect because of his behaviour not because of how much cash he flashes. These two really need to learn a thing or two about life in general. My husband says that if you're an asshole to people when you're on the way up, no one will help you when you're on the way down and Lydia and Ali's gravy train will reach its final destination at some stage. They'll get older and people will lose interest because youth is everything in the influencer world. That's when Lydia will lose it completely as her identity and self esteem is completely defined by people being envious of her. She has no class, and that's completely fine. Just don't pretend that you do because people in the know can see right through it.
Totally agree with the "don't be an asshole on the way up" sentiment. Lidl and Aldi could learn a thing or two from this post right here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Banks in France don’t do cards with which you can make several payments. If I go and buy a handbag today costing 3000 euros, for one I have to make sure that my limit on the card allows it and then the payment will come out of my account in total at the beginning of February, so I have to know that the money will be on my account! Some times independent banking (like supermarkets ) have credit cards, but they only work with them for multiple payments.

Amex is really not a thing here!
Same here in Italy .. it is a type of credit but it comes out on the 15th of every successive month ... so if I used it now I would have to make sure the money was there to pay it off on the 15th Feb. So it is like a credit/debit
We also have strict debit cards in Europe too that work the same as any other debit card but the credit cards that they have in the UK means you can run up bills forever and just make minimum payments each month and some people have 5 or 6 of them making minimum payments of maybe 40 GBP and running up 1000's in debt .. I much prefer the EU way so you never get into debt .. you buy what ytou can afford..far more sensible.

• Heart
Your husband sounds so lovely. As you do too 🥰🥰💛💛

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have spent the last few years living in Oman, my husband was teaching there and I have to say that the Omanis are the loveliest people, very kind and considerate so I can well imagine people loving your hubby, I miss Oman :(
I can't see how people could even begin to imagine Lydiot or Ali are anything but walking advertisements, dumbos playing at dressing up, watching them now, especially Ali is actually getting embarrassing.

• Heart
First of all why does Ali’s mouth seem weird when he talks on his stories? He seems abit lispy? Maybe not lispy but something seemed different- as though his mouth is full of saliva or something?!
I can’t work it out but it was making me feel abit 🤢I swear he never used to speak like that. Was quite distracting!He seems like a totally different bloke to what he was years ago. They have both become so detached from the real world- it’s like they are two kids playing at being adults. They put on their fancy dress outfits (aka tweed jackets and hunting attire) and just sit around the house. I mean- that is not normal! The photo of Lidl in her boot cupboard sorry boot room, with those boots on made me howl. Who does that? The boots didn’t have a scrap of mud on. If she was really country they would be knee deep in mud.
then they go and sit in their set designed rooms that smell of pretend cigars and pretend they are the lords and ladies of downtown. They never switch the oven on except to heat a pizza up and they just take videos of themselves talking about what they want to buy and be gifted next. It’s so bizarre and no one can relate to this utter bullshit. It’s actually scary!
They have both lost the plot completely. I used to love watching them as two young, attractive people starting off in life with lots of interests and a hunger to want more but to work hard for it. I remember Lidl being so proud of her little closet in her room and so proud of her house that she had put so much effort into. She seemed natural and easy natured then. Ali seemed like your normal electrician that you could have a beer and a laugh with! But now they are both so very..... odd.
Money and success has changed them. And it’s not for the better, they have totally lost themselves. I really can’t see their influence lasting much longer because they really are not relatable in the slightest! Who wants to come home after a long shift and watch these two prize idiots playing dress up?!! It’s so embarrassing now!
Totally agree, I liked her in the beginning. She seemed really sweet, there was chemistry between her and Ali, her vlogs were actually pretty short and varied because she was out LIVING and having fun and it was infectious. I wanted to be like her. I'm not privileged at all, I'm working class, managed to go to uni and have a stable career as a secondary school teacher... Not boujee whatsoever but it has allowed me to buy a 2 up 2 down house and have cash free for holidays and save up for the occasional treat. I'm never gonna own a chanel but with hard work I hope to be able to save for a YSL shoulder bag for my 30th which I will love and cherish. I used to love that she rewore clothes, it was clear she loved every item she saved for, and I loved her house. I loved her hair. I won't lie... Back around 2016 I liked pretty much everything about her and thought she was a breath of fresh air. I think that's why I'm so bitter now, it feels like losing a friend.

There is absolutely no trace of that girl left. I think things between her and Ali have died a death. She's clearly starving herself and unhappy. And exacerbating it all is the fact she does absolutely nothing with her days but sit in her own thoughts and scroll tattle. I'm finding this lockdown particularly hard. I have low mood in my working week anyway from time to time, but after Friday night drinks or a shopping spree in London, I feel a million times better. But now in lockdown the tools to help relieve the low mood have been taken from me and its just getting worse and worse and worse. I tell you what though, it's a real insight into how these influencers live their lives pre pandemic, particularly Lydia who hasn't been a fan of even a press trip for a while now. Just so depressing, insular and lonely. No wonder she's lost sight of herself. Clearly there are money worries as well bubbling away.... She should sell up and move to a £600,000 detached 4/5 bed in a nice area. Much more obtainable, relatable and might spare her some stress. Plus she'll have way more disposable income to butcher all the interiors all over again. She carries on like she is at the moment she's gonna get knocked from her perch. At least my way she can pretend it was a leap.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
So this is how much the bag was advertised for 6450 pounds.

Well, surely they gave her a discount or just gave her the bag for no cost at all. 100% free.

Reason being, they already admit it is not new or does not look new.

Look at both sides - they're both bunched up. Normally isn't that very structured?

I've never seen a Hermes bag -supposedly relatively new - look so ill shaped and saggy.

The sides don't look saggy because a bunch of stuff was carried in it.

It looks just badly made. That's my amateur opinion though.

I don't own a Hermes so will leave it to the fellow Tattlers on here who do know about Hermes bags.

That is not Lydia's bag, that is a Kelly they are selling.

Sellier do seem to be getting a very high volume of bags and clothes to sell, maybe it is because of the pandemic people are having a clear out and selling things they don't use, or can't afford to keep. They must work on a lower margin than other re-sellers.

Last edited:
I don’t know anything about private banking but don’t all the really rich bank with Coutts?
It says on google that Coutts customers need at least £500,000 in cash or £5m in assets to open an account with them. They’ll need one of these cards to flash around at Soho Farmhouse.

I would to know Claire’s views on Sellier. If I was going to purchase a preloved Hermes I would definitely contact Claire on the off chance she would reply & provide some feedback to see what her views were. She seems a bit of an expert.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don't understand how Sellier or Lydia can get away with saying her Birkin is brand new 2020 never used. I just watched Claire's first Birkin unboxing to compare and even though they are different sizes and leathers and this affects how the bag looks, you just can see how a real new Birkin looks, and it clearly is not how Lydia's does...
I don't know if it's Sellier or Lydia who's lying, but If I was her I'd be more transparent about it. Maybe it's true and it hasn't been used but it's been stored incorrectly for a while and that's why it looks a bit saggy, but anyway, I would have talked about it instead of insisting constantly on the fact that's 'brand new never worn'.
Pics for comparison:

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.