Lydia Millen # 26 - 50 quid for a mitt, a glove and a backscratcher in a plastic bag - Genius!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Using one of the most liked posts from the last thread as a title :)

Continue here with the Glo by Lydia saga

2'300 glo by Lydia sets were put up for sale

490 sold in 19 hours

1'810 remain

850'000 people follow her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
1593171043700.png

Edit:

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone a small minority people for their kind words following the launch of GLO and our first, and probably last, collection.

All of your feedback is invaluable in helping me realise that this was an epic fail - although I already knew it would be (I was nervous for a reason).

What we've started in the last 24 hours is a huge opportunity to create something special, do better, be better and grow in realising that most of you are not as easy to scam as I had thought. Damn.

We are constantly learning and evolving GLO and everything we do, to make it better for you - especially white people.

Thank you again to the small minority of sheep for your kind words, for your continued support and understanding believing that my cheap tat is actually pure luxury.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
What erks me the most is you can’t just say you are a luxury brand because you want to be? There are spelling mistakes all over the website and marketing, it’s shoddy and embarrassing and so clearly not a luxury product! But Lidl would NEVER sell something at a reasonable price because she’s desperate to be seen as aspirational. Well, this disaster has shown her up for how stupid and incompetent she actually is. The fact ANYONE would give her £50 for this tat is baffling

• Sick
Reactions: 63
I actually feel embarrassed for her. The girl is a narcissist and has delusions of grandeur to such a level she doesn't understand the reality of the situation.

I don't know what is worse - living like that or having people around you that actually facilitate this horrendous personality disorder? Carrie and Ali really should be ashamed of themselves for not intervening. That, or she is that much of a domineering fool she overruled them. I'm actually lost for words at how bad this is.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Luxury brands work for years and have the status and figures behind them to charge luxury prices, not like Lidl shipping cheap tat over from China and sticking a £50 price tag on them ‘Just because’... it’s insulting

Reactions: 42
it’s mad to think that it took her 2 years to release this disaster! Part of me wants to think that she came up with something different at the beginning and then for some reason decided to release this awful tanning set
Sorry but I just can’t believe it took her so much time to develop this

Reactions: 19
I wonder what's happening at the bungalow right now?
You know there's a thing called intuition and it's so important that we listen to it.
We all knew this was going to be flop.
Lydia even mentioned it in her video that she was so so so nervous.
She knew it subconsciously it was going to be a flop and it is a huuuuge flop.
I wonder what Ali is saying now?
I think everyone is so stressed and she's probably filming a rant in her rant room now.
She's going to start blaming everyone else but herself.
She's a narcissist and she won't ADMIT that this was an epic fail.
The bag... omg that bag... when she was holding it, you could see how lightweight it is and how cheap the plastic looks.
Looks even worse when I watch it on my TV screen. Just quit Lydia please...just stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Using one of the most liked posts from the last thread as a title :)

Continue here with the Glo by Lydia saga

2'300 glo by Lydia sets were put up for sale

490 sold in 19 hours

1'810 remain

850'000 people follow her
Thanks for the thread!🌺
Looking forward to people getting their orders delivered🤩 Current sales are not final after all.
Also, I highly doubt she will sell out. Her only chance was right after the announcement.
And I think the majority of those orders come from micro-influenzas who plan on posting a review to attract some of her following to their accounts.

Reactions: 24
If she just sold it for £20 she could have still made a ridiculous influencer markup profit of £12ish a box sold. Then sold out and could be relaxing now without her reputation in a mess. Instead she wanted to make an obscene £42ish profit per box. She won't lose money on this, but she will damage her reputation and in the long run this will cost her dearly.

I really don't like the comments "Lydia I think your PR agency is failing you". As if Lydia was forced to do these scams and it wasn't all of her own free will that she willingly did despite knowing it was shady AF.

I stopped using plastic scrubbers years ago. All that microplastic is no good and you can get 100% natural and biodegradable brushes that I think work better (although there's some debate if the adhesive is biodegradable but at least the bristles, handle and bulk of it is).

Reactions: 53
it’s mad to think that it took her 2 years to release this disaster! Part of me wants to think that she came up with something different at the beginning and then for some reason decided to release this awful tanning set
Sorry but I just can’t believe it took her so much time to develop this
I am actually wondering this too. I am wondering if there was actually supposed to be some product in the bag and for some reason that had to be left out.

Reactions: 11
Wonderful ladies... someone mentioned a while ago that we should use tag lines as much as we can so that we come up higher on the search results. Glo by Lydia, Lydia Elise Millen etc - that's what I think someone said to do.
Let's just help Lydia and save herself some more embarrassment. Let's all try and bring her brand down by using the tag lines when we can. Let's also help others walk towards the enlightened path. lol
Lydia, honestly, we're all trying to help you here. Please also help yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
St Tropez tagging her post made her cry? I hope it is because they'll drop her like a hot scone.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just another reminder that if you’re inputting details to the website out of curiosity to see how much shipping is etc, Lydia can see these details - EVEN IF YOU DON’T COMPLETE THE ORDER.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I am actually wondering this too. I am wondering if there was actually supposed to be some product in the bag and for some reason that had to be left out.
I don’t think so.
Influenzas tend to record every move they make under working hours. So, when she is reading Tattle while sitting on the loo, she is at work as well.
Remember Vic who recently launched a bunch of basic photo pre-sets claiming they worked on them for three years straight? Same here. It took her two years to come up with an idea of scam she believed she could get away with.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What I absolutely hate about influencers releasing products is the way most of them go about it - all me me me. Ok Lidl wants to release a brand, but why?! She has made absolutely no effort to gather feedback from viewers, who are the only people who would buy her products to begin with, just steamrolled through a stupid idea that was going to make her a profit. The website and marketing are littered with mistakes and inconsistencies, the products cheaply made in China, what gives her the right to think her product is worth £50? Just because she says so? She makes me sick...

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.