Lydia Millen #157 Heating v eating is for the hoi polloi, why not check in to the Savoy?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I may proffer some further thoughts regarding Savoygate.

Firstly, some people have speculated that this might be a guerilla marketing exercise deliberately strategised to heighten engagement. I think it was purely a tactless guffawing blunder borne of low emotional intelligence.

Regarding Lydia’s response to the scenario, I imagine that this will have elicited some initial serious anxiety. Inducing shame in an individual with traits that might resemble narcissism can be a dangerous thing to do. I would not recommend doing so in a one-on-one setting. Let us remember that narcissistic traits evolve as an overcompensatory mechanism to protect an individual who has experienced some sort of catastrophic ego wounding. Inducing shame in a person with narcissistic traits can trigger those agonising feelings of chronic worthlessness that they try so hard to conceal and distract themselves from. Control is essential, and being out of control of the narrative can have dire consequences for the person with narcissistic traits who might resort to extreme acts to regain a sense of control. I think they may experience a flash of a diluted form of guilt- but to a lesser extent than would be commensurate for the situation. Next is the cascade of overcompensatory defence mechanisms. Denial! Projection! Splitting! Gaslighting! This is what we observe in the responses to comments. Then an emancipation tale emerges where the person with narcissistic traits emerges victorious over the naysayers, much like Shia and his ego death, or the proverbial “Phoenix from the ashes”. The defence mechanisms double down, insulating the person with narcissistic traits from accepting responsibility for self-scrutiny or behavioural change. That is why, in my belief, these patterns seem to atrophy over the years and often the individual in question appears to become more obnoxious and outlandish over time. It really is a pathological cycle and one that I do feel compassion toward, though I have learned to temper that compassion over the years… The balance must be found between rational compassion for this awful clearly trauma-based pattern and the need for each individual taking responsibility for their lives.

Actually, this whole process I have described is what led me to first comment on Tattle recently, because I was disturbed that Lydia discussed Shia’s redemption narrative and I felt it might induce narcissistic abuse survivors to break their “no contact“ regime. I posted accordingly on her YouTube, was swiftly silenced, so here I am.

So how do we give feedback to the individual with narcissistic traits? All interaction is positive and reinforcing. Praise, criticism - it’s all the same, functioning as “fuel” to feed the cycle. The only was is through cutting off the supply. No contact is the only way. Consider here how the distraction of social media might function to prevent a person with these traits from ever addressing their deeper core wounds.

I think this whole Savoy-gate saga would initially be experienced as very anxiety provoking, albeit in a morbidly thrilling way. The enablers will be recruited to bind wounds and tend to the wounded inner child that might erupt into fits of tears, rage, or frantic self-justification. The hardest part will be when the attention peters out and the potential social consequences of exclusion begin to become apparent.
Such an interesting and informative post, thank you for sharing. Do you think this trauma based catastrophic ego wounding can ever be addressed in therapy whilst in a safe space?

Jacqueline Hurst, her "therapist" , must be appalled by how she behaves.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
In my experience often what's in the papers one day is often talked about on Loose Women and Good Morning Britain/This morning tv shows within the following 1-2 days...... has anyone tipped them off to give it an extra helping hand?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I really hate the fact people are callling her posh n rich that’s exactly what she wants. She’s not rich at all just a slimy beggar in powder pink pumps

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
TT pays absolutely peanuts compared to what brands give her and pretty much nothing compared to youtube. She'll make about £20 per a million views. She's making no money from TT and it's probably affecting her image and future earnings way more than the tiny income.
Interesting - I thought it was pay per view. It’s pay per million views at a rate of £20 per million. Thanks for clarifying!

• Heart
Dearest lovely new members,

Tonight is Lydia’s upload night at 5pm so in order to avoid giving her views/clicks you can watch her vlog via websites that don’t contribute.

1) Go to her YT landing page and right click on the thumbnail
2) Click ‘copy url’
3) Google ‘Invidious’ or ‘Viewpure’
4) Paste the video URL into the bar
5) Hate watch without giving them views and ad sense

❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Just received a call from Cadburys saying there are not enough mini eggs in the world to soften this disaster 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Interesting - I thought it was pay per view. It’s pay per million views at a rate of £20 per million. Thanks for clarifying!
I guess she s making most of her money from shilling Amazon polyester cashmere frocks 🤷‍♀️ I m always stunned that these two bozos actually make any money but I guess at the end of the day they re very good at fooling their subscribers. Also, Elsie has a winning formula ... renovations of the same rooms and flogging dresses, oh and pretending to like gardening and dogs/cats.

• Sick
I really hate the fact people are callling her posh n rich that’s exactly what she wants. She’s not rich at all just a slimy beggar in powder pink pumps
Agree! I hate that it's petting her (dead) ego even more. She's neither posh nor rich, just faking it, and very badly at that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m glad Leonora Smee removed her like from Lydia’s last post. From what I can gather, she works on both sides of the fence, trying to be an influencer but also with brands, hosting PR events etc. let’s hope this is a stark warning to her what Lydia is like and how problematic she is!

Reactions: 27
I’m glad Leonora Smee removed her like from Lydia’s last post. From what I can gather, she works on both sides of the fence, trying to be an influencer but also with brands, hosting PR events etc. let’s hope this is a stark warning to her what Lydia is like and how problematic she is!
Leonora has a lot more common sense and no doubt education (I wonder where she was educated).... Leonora is careful what she posts, she went on a shoot recently but didn't show the guns unlike Lydia for example....

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.