Lydia Millen #108 Josie got the dream Defender but will Elsie become a Soho House member?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does any one have a thermomix here?
I know Lydia and Josie both have one, worth it or not? Probably not if she is still eating pasta most nights…
Apparently they are amazing! Lidl can’t read so can’t use it!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry to quote myself but had to say this, the only one I can remember was when all I had was literally penne and mayo hmmm 🤢🤢🤢
LOL We've all been there my friend!

FFS, with all this gardening how do they manage to have vegetabless meals?
And when they use veggies, they make chutney. I'm no nutritionist, but doesn't cooking down all that produce to make slosh strip the vegetables of their nutritional properties?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Well, her mum came over that time. Her mum cooked the meal and Lydia hid in the greenhouse 😂

Congratulations! Your rants never fail to amuse 😍 I’m not far behind. Come on VIP status!! This forum has kept me going through lockdown and beyond. Like minded banter all the way 😍😍
Welcome 🤓

Reactions: 9
Why is it Charlie has to do all the driving, cooking and basically everything when they are away together? Does he not drink? Or is he just one of these people that has to just be in charge??? He makes Ali look useless 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I do and it’s great!
Yeah I went to a demonstration the other day and it does look like a good piece of kitchen equipment!
It’s a shame Lydia hasn’t shown us how to use it rather than flogging laundry powder and so on.
it’s just expensive so am in two minds as I have a sage processor and kitchen aid mixer…
Maybe I could sell them though to make room!

Reactions: 12
Yeah I went to a demonstration the other day and it does look like a good piece of kitchen equipment!
It’s a shame Lydia hasn’t shown us how to use it rather than flogging laundry powder and so on.
it’s just expensive so am in two minds as I have a sage processor and kitchen aid mixer…
Maybe I could sell them though to make room!
There are different options, Magimix, moulinex , kenwood… all sorts, have a look on YouTube.

Reactions: 11
Okay, please set me straight if I'm wrong ... but I don't consider this curtain dress a wardrobe essential.

View attachment 814634View attachment 814635
You are absolutely correct. A "wardrobe essential" is a black cashmere cardigan (or any solid, neutral colour, really). If I wear this cardigan this year and next year and the year after that but with different t-shirts or different jeans/trousers, nobody will think "Wow she only wears that black cardigan".

If I show up in that dress Lydia defines as "essential" to more than one occasion, my close friends will be sort of concerned and probably start to ask me if I had to get rid of all my clothes. Because why am I always in that same dress? Or if I were going into an office for work, same idea. I could wear a cardigan every day but with different items and it's not immediately repetitive. That dress is repetitive the second time you wear it.

Just another example of Lydia just barking out buzz phrases and not knowing anything about fashion nor caring to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Why is it Charlie has to do all the driving, cooking and basically everything when they are away together? Does he not drink? Or is he just one of these people that has to just be in charge??? He makes Ali look useless 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
He doesn’t drink as he’s an alcoholic. So he’s always the designated driver!

That’s not to my taste. I think a hot tub right outside on the patio is tacky. I also assume they have grass right up to their boundaries. So no I don’t think they’ve done anything better than Lyds and Ali. Just my taste though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
There are different options, Magimix, moulinex , kenwood… all sorts, have a look on YouTube.
Yeah I know but I do have lots of equipment already. I like the thought of having the app though. Lots of influencers seem to have a thermomix but never actually use it 🙄

Reactions: 7
Yeah I know but I do have lots of equipment already. I like the thought of having the app though. Lots of influencers seem to have a thermomix but never actually use it 🙄
That sounds just like me , I only wanted the thermomix because it has an app and is highly connected, but went for the Magimix cook expert instead! Don’t use it much😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Madeleine Olivia just got the Kenwood one. In her vlog out today she cooked some food with it and gave us close ups and good explanation of how to use it. I've just started watching her as one of our Tattlers recommended her. She is truly lovely and down to earth, no pretensions. Not long moved into her lovely Georgian home

I feel really sorry for Ali coming back from Provence after dining on proper food for a few days. He should go on a cooking course and learn how to produce good food to eat as he will never get a good meal from his wife.

Reactions: 16
Yes - the TV and furniture placement seems inorganic and forced.

I'd ditch the TV too, have one big cosy sofa either facing the fireplace or those big windows, which are natural focal points, and perhaps use the opposite wall for a bookcase, for actual books.

The use of space is bad and there is, as with many things Lydiot, a mismatch in style: the formality of the furniture does not meet the tone of the space and how it is used. It makes the room, which appears to be quite large, seem smaller, despite the mirrors, and stuffed, despite not being cozy.
It's quite the accomplishment when you think about it 🤪

In their defense, with the 2 doors, the windows and the fireplace, there is really only 1 solid wall to work with, but then the placement of the doors also adds some complexity there, but by all means, it's not a weirdly shaped room or anything.

With all the "renovations" they have done, have they ever considered tearing down the wall and make the kitchen and this room be one big space? I don't know if that's the solution per se, but I've just never seen them attempt anything creative. They just buy new things hoping it fixes it.

This might be controversial, but I like their house, as in, the building/property (not what they have done with it!). It has some weird things to it, we suspect major plumbing issues, probably not the smartest investment, but in relative terms, it's a nice effin house, which a large part of the population on the planet could only conceive of in dreams.

They're trying to do too much with this space. Too many ideas and not being realistic and honest about how they live. Edit down. Make the space meet your lifestyle, not the other way around.
You’re right, they didn’t really analyse how they use their rooms before making changes, hence the constant rearranging. Normal folk will wait and see what works and what doesn’t before deciding on changes but Lydia goes in all ln guns blazing and at considerable disruption before figuring out that it doesn’t work for them. It would be funny if it wasn’t so wasteful. Also, just because something is gifted it doesn't make it acceptable to replace it just for aesthetic reasons, far better to reuse/repurpose or even embrace a mismatched but cohesive look. It’s ironic that she doesn’t realise that the look she’s after is mis matched cottage core. She’s a bloomin’ nightmare. 🥶

Reactions: 13
You’re giving our gal too much credit here - she dressed like a hooker who rolled in neon and glitter. I never dressed like this. Her looks weren’t even fashun.
I certainly never dressed this way either. I've had my fair share of fashion faux pas but I always found Jeffrey Campbell shoes and Black Milk leggings so fugs. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I just laughed as soon as I saw this because it's Lydia :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.