Lydia Bright - TOWIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re-iterating my post from the other thread, I think it’s a bit much she’s gone back to work 2 weeks after having her baby. Is she really that hard up for cash?? Obviously it’s her choice but at that stage after I had my wee boy I was in my jammies most of the day still, sitting cuddling him on the couch eating biscuits and enjoying the 4th trimester. Why even bother having a baby if you’re literally straight back to work? And ok it’s not like she’s doing a 9 hour shift on a hospital ward or anything, but still. Stop dragging your tiny baby about on “shoots” and press interviews to make a couple of quid.

Reactions: 26
Re-iterating my post from the other thread, I think it’s a bit much she’s gone back to work 2 weeks after having her baby. Is she really that hard up for cash?? Obviously it’s her choice but at that stage after I had my wee boy I was in my jammies most of the day still, sitting cuddling him on the couch eating biscuits and enjoying the 4th trimester. Why even bother having a baby if you’re literally straight back to work? And ok it’s not like she’s doing a 9 hour shift on a hospital ward or anything, but still. Stop dragging your tiny baby about on “shoots” and press interviews to make a couple of quid.
Totally agree. Had to unfollow her after her ‘my baby should slot into my life, not the other way around’ comment. Oh I’m sure your newborn baby is loving spending her first days and weeks on this earth on photo shoots being held by god knows who while you get your make up done Lydia 🙄

I feel like she is giving a completely false picture of what life as a new mum is like. If I didn’t have any kids I would watch her stories and think that having a baby would be a piece of cake. Two weeks after having my son I struggled to get showered and dressed by lunch time, let alone make it out of the house! It’s all well and good for her though I suppose as she has her mum and dad on hand at the drop of the hat to have the baby while she gets glammed up 🙄

Do one Lydia!

Sorry - rant over 😂

Reactions: 27
Hi,
agree with the above...it’s nice to have a baby that fits into your life with a big family on hand to help!
Try being alone, husband at work, family abroad/not close and all your friends working and busy with their life.
She has no clue, does she?

Reactions: 21
Totally agree. Had to unfollow her after her ‘my baby should slot into my life, not the other way around’ comment. Oh I’m sure your newborn baby is loving spending her first days and weeks on this earth on photo shoots being held by god knows who while you get your make up done Lydia 🙄

I feel like she is giving a completely false picture of what life as a new mum is like. If I didn’t have any kids I would watch her stories and think that having a baby would be a piece of cake. Two weeks after having my son I struggled to get showered and dressed by lunch time, let alone make it out of the house! It’s all well and good for her though I suppose as she has her mum and dad on hand at the drop of the hat to have the baby while she gets glammed up 🙄

Do one Lydia!

Sorry - rant over 😂
That comment she made pissed me right off. My baby should slot into my life really! I mean newborn how selfish of them wanting fed, cuddles, attention and cared for 🙄 shes not got a clue same as her bestie moaning about lack of sleep what do they expect baby’s aren’t dolls to play with and dress up honestly just do what the rest of us with newborns and children are doing and care for them. I’m ranting to now lol sorry for ranting on your quote 😂

Reactions: 9
I don’t mind her but going back to work after 2 weeks?!? I don’t see the need for that. I needed to get out the house once my daughter was born. I was going walks with her 2 days after birth but that’s all it was, walks! why does she feel the need to work after 2 weeks when she should be spending those precious moments with her daughter. I wish I could get that time back as I always had to be doing something instead of snuggling up on the sofa.

Reactions: 3
Our babies were born two day’s apart. I am lucky if I shower every day. I have washed my hair 4 times since being home yet only found the energy to dry it twice. I’ve only just done my nails for the first time since Christmas. I’ve thrown make up on 3 times. Most of my day’s in the first 2 weeks were taken up my random midwife and family / friends visits. My bed has been thrown up on, shat on, pissed on. So has my couch. I took her with me to poo the other day literally still on the boob as my insides are still working themselves out post csection that I couldn’t not go. I ordered a pizza and had to pull her off boob when delivery man arrived. Came back two seconds later to find she’d thrown it all up on her Sleepyhead. I’m still bleeding but have moved from adult nappies to giant ski pads. My feet only stopped being like balloons a week ago. Baby blues only passed then too. She sometimes doesn’t latch properly. Sometimes sleeps too long and I end up spraying milk everywhere. My bush is out of control as I haven’t touched it since Christmas. I am in a total baby bubble and loving every minute. We’ve done little walks going further every time. Experienced my first day alone with her! Watched so many good things on TV. Had endless cuddles. Smiles that aren’t real but they are to me. How she made it back to work is beyond me. Why she would want to is beyond me!!! You never get this time back. It’s so precious and amazing and they change every day. I support working mums obviously I am one or will be when I go back. However there’s no need for her to be out there like that!

• Heart
Reactions: 113
Our babies were born two day’s apart. I am lucky if I shower every day. I have washed my hair 4 times since being home yet only found the energy to dry it twice. I’ve only just done my nails for the first time since Christmas. I’ve thrown make up on 3 times. Most of my day’s in the first 2 weeks were taken up my random midwife and family / friends visits. My bed has been thrown up on, shat on, pissed on. So has my couch. I took her with me to poo the other day literally still on the boob as my insides are still working themselves out post csection that I couldn’t not go. I ordered a pizza and had to pull her off boob when delivery man arrived. Came back two seconds later to find she’d thrown it all up on her Sleepyhead. I’m still bleeding but have moved from adult nappies to giant ski pads. My feet only stopped being like balloons a week ago. Baby blues only passed then too. She sometimes doesn’t latch properly. Sometimes sleeps too long and I end up spraying milk everywhere. My bush is out of control as I haven’t touched it since Christmas. I am in a total baby bubble and loving every minute. We’ve done little walks going further every time. Experienced my first day alone with her! Watched so many good things on TV. Had endless cuddles. Smiles that aren’t real but they are to me. How she made it back to work is beyond me. Why she would want to is beyond me!!! You never get this time back. It’s so precious and amazing and they change every day. I support working mums obviously I am one or will be when I go back. However there’s no need for her to be out there like that!
This is one of the most honest and real statements I’ve ever read. It is amazing but so hard, you enjoy every moment. You’re never going to look back and regret your babies first few weeks in the world but I have a feeling that Lydia might.

Reactions: 29
Before she gave birth wasn’t she looking after a little baby girl that her family had fostered? I think she might just be used to having a baby around.

I love how honest you are this is defo how my life has been since baby arrived and it’s refreshing to see someone else going through same things to enjoy your baby ❤

Reactions: 10
I was never keen on Lydia in Towie, couldn’t stand that whingey voice “Jamesssss” 😂. Loved her Mum Debbie though. No doubt in a couple of months she’ll do a big dramatic story in Hello saying her and the fella have decided to call it a day, so predictable 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s not exactly difficult work though. The first day she took the baby to work was mostly spent sitting in a chair while someone did her hair & make up. And then posing for some photos. Also her Mum has already been helping massively (which most Mums would do if they can) however Lydia doesn’t show this side of things and appreciate how lucky she is. She will keep making out she’s doing it all on her own.

Reactions: 7
The way she starts her stories when she is breastfeeding, so low down just so we can see baby is on the boob 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wish 'influencers' gave REAL accounts of the fourth trimester, just like you have. Raw, honest and real ❤ You keep on enjoying and soaking up every minute with Baby Tippingpoint and you will have no regrets, whereas I think these influencers will looks back and have many, sadly.

Reactions: 14
The way she starts her stories when she is breastfeeding, so low down just so we can see baby is on the boob 🤦🏼‍♀️😂
What’s wrong with that? I’m just glad to see someone who has millions of youngsters following her actually promoting breastfeeding!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We don’t need to see that she’s breastfeeding. Does it matter how she feeds her child? No. We don’t care but she just wants everyone to know she’s breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is normalised, celebs just use this reason as an excuse to post pics of it. Do they want a medal or something?

Reactions: 28
Love how honest and true this is. Brings back so many memories. Not long before I do it all again with my second.
Hate how false these influencers are. Gives such a false perception of motherhood.
Congratulations on your new baby! Xx

Reactions: 7
Before she gave birth wasn’t she looking after a little baby girl that her family had fostered? I think she might just be used to having a baby around.
Her mum and dad Foster and have done for years. Lydia was living at home whilst her house was being renovated so has probably spent a lot of time with the baby but I'd say in more a big sister / auntie role. She wasn't the primary carer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.