Lush bath bombs for a tenner!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who buys these for a tenner or fiver for a single bath?! They are not even full of good ingredients and are loaded with artifical stuff. Will give you thrush and leave the bath in a mess with all those artificial colours!

Screenshot_20181022-203928.jpg

Reactions: 5
Not been able to use them for years as they make me itch but the kids (teens) love them and have them in Christmas stocking and for birthday.

Reactions: 1
I'm pretty sure those are both two bath bombs in one. So really, you're getting two bath bombs for 10 pounds, not just one.

I always buy one as a stocking filler for my son. In fact I bought one the weekend the Xmas lines dropped in store, not a £10 one as that’s too expensive but people were shopping them

I remember seeing Louise Pentland putting the massive bath bomb she got in PR in her bath last December, Zoe obviously did the same.
I remember thinking their vajayjay must have been crying ?

Reactions: 3
I know you can use them separately, but lots of the infuencers lush pay to promote them just pop it in whole!

I just find it so expensive and so bad for your yoni! I get itchy just looking at one.

Reactions: 2
Lush is so expensive. I do buy from TheBodyShop (even though they used so many annoying YTbers) even though it's still artificial :cry:

Lush is so expensive. I do buy from TheBodyShop (even though they used so many annoying YTbers) even though it's still artificial :cry:
These days I've really minimised my products, I don't have many but they are all good quality. I stopped buying the body shop stuff when she sold it on, but at least she did do alot for charity.

The ginger shampoo is the only thing that works for me... so even if I don't buy the bath stuff, I will always buy the ginger shampoo... I cut down a lot, I've stopped buying lotions and stuff. saving money

The ginger shampoo is the only thing that works for me... so even if I don't buy the bath stuff, I will always buy the ginger shampoo... I cut down a lot, I've stopped buying lotions and stuff. saving money
Ah fair enough glad you've got something that works! I just don't like how lush and body shop pretend to be all natural and about the environment but are full of crap.

Lush maybe packaging free but what about all the transporting costs of all this stuff just to change the colour of the bath water and smell!

Lush was so aggressive with using YTbers for marketing. remember they were sending them to workshops and all?

I love Lush products but the bath bombs leave my bath in a mess.

I love Lush but the bath bombs are such a waste of money. They do nothing at all to soften my skin so you’re just paying for a different colour water and a nice smell. Can get that a lot cheaper with other products

I passed a Lush last christmas and was savagely beckoned in by those really insane staff that won't let a person be. It was hilarious. Picture a quiet, dark, rainy late night shopping on a Thursday, I was passing coming from the Winter Wonderland and clearly their sales were down as they were in high pitch sales zone. So I got dragged in and I'm really introvert irl so for me this was my biggest nightmare, but the devil in me thought fine, if you want to try to sell me your crap, you really did pick the wrong person!

So when she had finished fanning her hands around asking me to reveal my favourite scents and desires in a mind boggling array of melts, bombs, goodness knows what else she rattled off it was a long list, I finished my hot chestnuts and asked her to list the chemicals in said products. She looked startled and said 'oh no, they are all natural..'. I replied Ho! so that BRIGHT BLUE bathbomb is... all natural? I decided to let her off, and told her my only desire was to get home quickly, run a nice hot bath, and add a nice heaping cup of Magnesium Flakes, which is one of the very few things you should ever soak your body in, if you care about your health of course.

She was a super nice person, but I told her next time I'm walking past the shop and pause to use the lighting to see which chestnut to eat next, don't drag me in lmao :ROFLMAO:

Lush stuff is absolute shite. Soaking yourself in hot water opens your pores and whatever you soak in enters your body and it's your organs that have to deal with that crap. You should never add dyes and perfumes (unless essential oils) glitter and all the crap that's in Lush etc. They add a couple of natural ingredients then claim them all natural. It's crazy. The girl I spoke to was clueless, she thought bathing in bath bombs was incredibly good for you, talk about blinkered training.

You can make your own bathbombs with all natural ingredients at home, at a fraction of the cost and your health intact =)

I'd be interested to know the % profit on these (is it fair to call them ugly? I think they're hideous looking, not cute at all!) The markup must be massive, this is Lush reaching, as their hard sales with youtubers pays off and the younger market are obsessed with them. It's a bloody bath bomb that gets poured down a drain! Def not worth 10 pounds or even 5. I reckon they'd make a tidy profit if they were super cheap. I can get 5 x 1kg bags of Magnesium Salts for a tenner that would make me endless baths! Plus the salts make my skin super soft =)

I was given a couple of lush bathbombs years ago and honestly, they were gross! One was green and one was blue, and in those days I wasn't clued up so I used them and I've never hated the look of my bath more haha. I felt like a big monster was going to lunge up from the depths haha I had to shower off afterwards to get rid of the stuff and clean the bath which had turned into a slimy oily hell hole.

I know the massive one you talk of, the youtubers received them and they were so big they would def cause irritation. Didn't alfie once get in a bath with 100 bathbombs & the scent over powered him or something haha. Brains of britain.

I think ages ago I saw Louise or something toss hers into bowls to show them, and I thought smart girl lol Even though the comments hated it and said it was wasteful.

Last edited:
⬆ I agree about the ingredients, with all their carping on you would expect them to be SLS free, paraben free etc.

I live near Poole/Bournemouth and when I was younger my Dad was a haulier from a site next door to their factory. He said the stench coming from it was overpowering, much like their shops.

I strongly recommend having a read of the blog I linked to a few posts back - the posts tagged "The Smell of Bullshit".

I was surprised their shampoo isn’t sulfate free. I’m on a self-imposed straighteners ban on my hair and trying to get used to my natural curls, and a sulfate free shampoo makes it so much less frizzy, I nearly bought a shampoo bar from Lush assuming it was sulfate free