Luludumas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone follow?

She’s a fashiony type influencer - always seems to have loads of free stuff and turns up to all the usual things.

She’s in Thailand for Xmas. Her instastories made me laugh. Soon as they got there she video’ed the resort and tagged it. Said it was a paid trip. Great.

Next morning she casually slips in that its great that a few people have messaged her and booked the same hotel based on her stories! Such a granny way of trying to get free stuff.

She may as well say ‘Look at me, if you give me a free holiday I’ll get people to book theirs’

So vapid!

Reactions: 3
Oh I've just come across this delightful forum!!! It was NOT a free trip it was to celebrate my husband being three years cancer free!! Check your facts! I never understand why people follow or look at Instagram if all they can do is slag people off or be negative. Be positive and happy it's do much better xx

Reactions: 1
Sometimes infuencers aren't actually paid to promote something but they try to present it as if they are and the brand is getting more sales. Just to win favour with that brand (upgrade/freebies) and to make brands more likley to work with them.

That's why there needs to be more transparency and it to be crystal clear what is paid for or gifted.

People can hardly "check their facts" if so many infuencers are being dishonest and deceitful!! Even the huge ones are getting away with not disclosing adverts.

If it's paid I put #ad if it's a gift it's #gift. The ASA are hot on this now. I always do so no idea why my holiday to Thailand would be considered free!! I'm not a travel blogger but always share what I love, where I go etc. I wrote a blog post on Marrakesh after I went for my birthday that lots found really useful. Maybe people who want to moan should look at the big bloggers who are consistently no declaring anything x

Or if you actually follow me (because mostly people that moan don't which I really don't understand) you will see that I'm not spending my days in changing rooms tagging brands practically begging for free tit! Some actually use that hashtag!! If it really upsets you don't follow, I hate unfollowed lots recently x

Are you aware of the Mrs meldrum Disneyland Paris fiasco?

Countless times she said it wasn't an ad, she's there for her child's birthday. Then she eventually admitted it was all paid for when the staged photos appeared on tescos feed.

Lots of infuencers of all sizes are being dishonest so no wonder people are questioning them.

Just unfollow then. I lost 400 followers when I went to Thailand. It always happens. People don't like it! The ASA will eventually catch up with people but it's such a grey area and a huge thing to police x

It's not a grey area, there's a very simple to follow flowchart on the ASA website.

Why should we just turn a blind eye to people breaking the law? I bet you infuencers would love that.

No thanks I'd rather expose the people being shady and dishonest and make them accountable. If you don't like this site don't read it.

And the ASA aren't catching up, they are very toothless.

Absolutely no problem if you have the time to do that and it makes you happy! Most influencers and bloggers laugh about these bitchy forums. Life's too short for it. This is the first one I've looked at and I won't again. I declare everything but I don't like a witch hunt ❤

Well seeing as you're here.....I was the person who messaged you today about your affiliate link disclosures not quite meeting the mark what with them being white text on a white background and presumably I've helped you to find this site. I stand by what I said in the DM that if you're going to post affiliate links then just own it and make them clear and visible. You said that it was "unintentional" and that may well be be true but don't you see how shady it can come across. It looks like you're trying to hide them. I can only go by what I see and what I saw today were "hidden" disclosures. This is your job (or a side gig at the very least) - posting links to products that you earn money from and if you don't do it properly then it's going to come back and bite you. See the Mrs Meldrum threads on here for evidence of what happens when you don't follow the rules.

I actually would have given you the benefit of the doubt when you said you would make sure that in future you would make them clearer to read but then you went and called me a "horrible lady" to your 20k followers on Instagram. That was uncalled for. You're correct that I had unfollowed you some time ago but you were still on my "check in on" list. Not any more.

Signed
Horrible Lady

Reactions: 2
Check list!!!! I'm sure there are plenty more you can check on! I see big bloggers that I know never declaring a thing!! I also hardly ever use affiliate links. If you have stalked my stories a little longer you would have seen I had some bad news. I guess that doesn't matter though does it!! Don't look if you don't follow or it annoys you. I just don't understand why you would bother ??‍♀

I actually used the phrase "check in on list" not "check list" - as in someone that you don't necessarily want to see posts and stories from every day but you check in on them to see what they're up to. It's a way to take control of your social media, choosing who and what you want to see and when. And as for you saying that you see big bloggers never declaring a thing, don't you want to see them held to account as well? You're part of the industry, don't you feel any responsibility to raise the bar or is this just the unspoken rule of the influencer world - if the big guns are getting away with flouting the rules, why should the smaller accounts bother. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You're not doing yourself any favours. It's not a witch hunt wanting companies to follow the law. And your constant excuse that other people break the rules is pathetic, so that makes it ok for you do to also?

It's very obvious you are hiding AFF with the white text on a white background. It needs to be clear and say affiliate.

Stop breaking the law Hun.

47693850_124974885208328_2021479089492268090_n.jpg
46693470_618974255186814_4848021143564824505_n.jpg

Oh please. I've spoken to the ASA and they have absolutely no problem. I had a great contact there if you need one!! Have a lovely day ?

Can I ask a question as you are here?

Given that this (like many) is your employment - do you not see that any feedback (even if it’s a little difficult to accept) is helpful?

In a more traditional employment setting, employees are encouraged to seek and act on feedback about themselves. It’s helpful, allows us to grow and if taken seriously, it really demonstrates emotional intelligence.

The white writing of the affiliate link is misleading. I’m unclear as to why you couldn’t use the red font that you used in the same story?

I think most viewers accept that Instagram now is mostly an advertising platform. What we are asking for is a honesty from influencers. That has to be morally be the right thing to do when you are being gifted so much and the underlying intent is that you will get viewers to spend money.

Reactions: 3
Absolutely and after 20 years in recruitment and HR I understand perfectly. What upsets me is forums like this. Saying I said my holiday was a gift when I said no such thing! As I said my husband has been cancer free for 3 years not that I should have to justify myself. My problem is I'm too sensitive whilst other laugh off everything the Influencer Police say. I can see the aff quite clearly link but next time I'll make sure it's in HUGE red letters. Nobody on here follows me so it shouldn't be a problem anyway. Maybe you should write about the people that don't put any declarations at all! Take care x

Oh please. I've spoken to the ASA and they have absolutely no problem.
Well they had a problem with you when you had a complaint made against you back in June. If my name was on the ASA rulings list I'd be making sure everything from there on was squeaky clean.

Saying I said my holiday was a gift when I said no such thing!
You've misunderstood the wording in the first post of this thread. The OP doesn't mean that you said you got it for free, they're saying that you paid for it. Nobody's saying you said it was a gift. She's implying that they way you storied about your holiday / hotel in Thailand, saying people were messaging you that they had booked the hotel based on your stories, came off like you were trying to promote the hotel and you were able to influence other people to make a booking, thus putting you in a good light with the hotel. Perhaps for the purposes of getting freebies / upgrades while you were there or getting something in the future.

Influencers do that sometimes, even though they have actually paid for something themselves, they tag and mention brands so that they get noticed and hopefully get work from them. So even though you paid for the holiday yourself, the stories came off like you were trying to get the hotel's attention by saying you'd been able to influence other people to book it. And there's nothing wrong with that, but it's pretty cringey to see and looks like you're trying really hard.

Honestly I've more important things to worry about in my life so moan away!! It's so petty and these forums are like a school playground. I guess you were the lovely lady who reported various bloggers then! You must have so much time in your hands! Don't look at my feed if it makes you cringe. It's really simple xx

Re the ASA. Absolutely no problem there at all ❤

I think you'll find her words were 'said it was a paid trip. Great' Signing off and logging off. It's all quite ridiculous x

It’s been highlighted on the mumsnet threads that you are not percivced in a positive light.

You are completely living up to those perceptions.

You repeatedly mention that it’s all so petty, and yet in many Posts and stories on IG you make reference to not knowing what the future on IG holds and why you are losing followers. So clearly how people perceive you does mean something to you.

Shame that you can’t bring yourself to just read, listen and maybe not be as defensive as you are.

Ah mumsnet! Yes we all laugh about that too. Why are you all stalking people's stories? All anonymous too. Isn't that a bit weird? I'm such small fry. Move on to someone else!

You make it sound like a childish club ‘we all laugh about it’.

I’m not stalking your stories anonymously btw