Lucy Mecklenburgh #2 Loads of ads and freebies galore but there’s no hiding Ryan’s a bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s her 3rd pram 😂 that’s also the pram they gave to Millie Mackintosh and other influencers they are really trying to push it!! Always puts me off haha

Reactions: 7
When it could of gone to a mother who is in need/struggling while Lucy is on to her 3rd pram... why can't she just be normal and pay for most of this stuff instead of showing off to everyone. We might be jealous if she had actually used her own money to buy these things but all she's doing is showing off her free gifts every day 🙄

Reactions: 15
When it could of gone to a mother who is in need/struggling while Lucy is on to her 3rd pram... why can't she just be normal and pay for most of this stuff instead of showing off to everyone. We might be jealous if she had actually used her own money to buy these things but all she's doing is showing off her free gifts every day 🙄
This really pisses me off with companies, I get it’s to do with advertising etc but why not donate to normal people or baby banks. Seeing lucy and other celebs/influencers with that pram would def not make me wanna buy it

Reactions: 16
This really pisses me off with companies, I get it’s to do with advertising etc but why not donate to normal people or baby banks. Seeing lucy and other celebs/influencers with that pram would def not make me wanna buy it
That would be such an amazing idea actually! A lot of mums even use social media to can you imagine how happy that would make you if you where struggling. Instead the free stuff goes to these reality stars who don't actually need free stuff because they have the money to afford all these things 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
This!! I have recently purchased an expensive changing bag from a little boutique- I’ve wanted it for ages, it’ll double up as a gym/night away (😂😂) and I’ve seen no ‘influencers’ with one....just recently they’ve ‘gifted’ it to no end of people. I’m well pissed about it! Same as the weaning books she was spouting on about. I’ve got one of them because I wanted to support the smaller businesses and then I see moaning Minnie with the same book - gifted of course 🙄

Reactions: 3
This!! I have recently purchased an expensive changing bag from a little boutique- I’ve wanted it for ages, it’ll double up as a gym/night away (😂😂) and I’ve seen no ‘influencers’ with one....just recently they’ve ‘gifted’ it to no end of people. I’m well pissed about it! Same as the weaning books she was spouting on about. I’ve got one of them because I wanted to support the smaller businesses and then I see moaning Minnie with the same book - gifted of course 🙄
moaning Minnie 😂too true

The Ad stuff grinds my gears so much. I’m due in October and still need to get quite a bit (thankfully I still have a lot of the main/expensive bits from my first) I’m worrying if I’ll still be in a job in the next month and If not I’ll struggle to get a job being 28 weeks pregnant (I work in travel) and if I am I know I won’t be able to take longer than 3 months mat leave! And then there’s the people that are a whole lot worse off than us and Lucy is parading all her free, gifted expensive stuff! It’s really unfair to be doing that many ads to a lot of young/new/vulnerable mums. Especially in the middle of a bloody pandemic where there is already so much pressure and stress on everyone.

• Sad
The lack of awareness of Lucy. People are losing their jobs, left right and centre. Has she got no ounce of integrity and not think to decline the new pram that she doesn’t actually need. Or, indeed think to donate her “old” prams to those who are truly in dire need of such items. Literally couldn’t imagine being so greedy in life. The mind boggles.

Don't worry though things get easier at 5months-NOT 3,it's 5,as long as you have a stay at home help cook baby carer that allows you to pump and sleep many nights a week alone with no disturbance and if the baby is very good and doesn't wake in between the scheduled feeds.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I find that when influencers do these ads I find them so insincere it puts me off the product. I HATE when they say how much they love a product and iv never seen them use it or again since the paid ad

Reactions: 10
Agree with all of you! No awareness of tone or integrity. You literally have the Duchess of Cambridge supporting baby banks because the use of them has gone up over the pandemic, and then you have Ms Lucy over there getting freebies left right and centre when she can well afford stuff. She always has multiple products that have all been given to her and even then she is still on the beg for more. As people have said, it actually puts me off the products.

Reactions: 14
Agree with all of you! No awareness of tone or integrity. You literally have the Duchess of Cambridge supporting baby banks because the use of them has gone up over the pandemic, and then you have Ms Lucy over there getting freebies left right and centre when she can well afford stuff. She always has multiple products that have all been given to her and even then she is still on the beg for more. As people have said, it actually puts me off the products.
Wonder what she actually does with all surplus product she has? Genuinely wonder !

Reactions: 2
This is exactly what Elle from Feathering The Empty Nest did - she very politely posted on Instagram that they had everything they needed for their rainbow baby and then signposted companies to different places where they could donate things if they really wanted to give things away. The companies then gave stuff to charities/hospitals and got a shout out of appreciation from her but did some good at the same time. I wish more people were like her rather than Lucy/Lydia/Hinch etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
This is exactly what Elle from Feathering The Empty Nest did - she very politely posted on Instagram that they had everything they needed for their rainbow baby and then signposted companies to different places where they could donate things if they really wanted to give things away. The companies then gave stuff to charities/hospitals and got a shout out of appreciation from her but did some good at the same time. I wish more people were like her rather than Lucy/Lydia/Hinch etc.
That is such an amazing thing to have done 👏👏 i bet every single one of them places appreciated the donations so much! Shame more people can't be like that 🙄

Reactions: 8
I’d be much more likely to buy from a company that gifted to struggling families - I wouldn’t care if they promoted it. I’d be more likely to buy from them than one that gives all the influencers everything.

Wonder what she actually does with all surplus product she has? Genuinely wonder !
Probably cluttering up a spare room!!
I love this, that is such a good thing to do. I wish more would do this and be more aware and recognise their lucky position instead of take take take.

I’m in my third trimester with baby number 3 and brought that exact pram a few days ago. Only tonight I lay down with my hubby and showed him the exact pram we have worked so hard to buy lucy the twit has been gifted. Even he shook his head in disgust and cringed at her video trying to get people to buy it. Lucy is the one person I can’t stand on Instagram at the moment. She makes my skin crawl everything about her.

• Heart
I’m in my third trimester with baby number 3 and brought that exact pram a few days ago. Only tonight I lay down with my hubby and showed him the exact pram we have worked so hard to buy lucy the twit has been gifted. Even he shook his head in disgust and cringed at her video trying to get people to buy it. Lucy is the one person I can’t stand on Instagram at the moment. She makes my skin crawl everything about her.
I really feel for you - I too am pregnant with my third and I’m working every bit of overtime that I can to save for maternity leave where we will struggle to her by. We’ve not even thought about things that we need to by for the baby and I’m hoping for another boy (our first 2 are boys) as we will have the majority of the clothes etc that we will need. Meanwhile Lucy is on her third free pram in 5 months and doesn’t need to buy a thing for her baby when she doesn’t have any money worries at all, especially in these times. I’d imagine that her business did pretty well over lockdown too compared to people who have lost theirs.

I just feel like she flaunts her privilege constantly and has no sense of reality. You’ve got people struggling to pay their mortgage and rent, and people about to become evicted because they haven’t been able to do so, and she’s showing off all of the renovations that she’s had done to her second property.

I’m sure if I had the money I’d be doing this that and the other too, but I think I’d pick my moments with how I’d display it. It just goes to show that she’s not in the real world at all.

Reactions: 12
I loved her for that. First time I’ve ever seen an influencer do it aswell which is shocking. Using her platform for good, take note grabbers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.