Lucy Locket Loves #5 Camel Toes & FOMO Woes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pleased to have found this thread! I got sucked into the LLL world last year. Bought too many pairs both new and preloved. The fabric and sizing is truly awful. The only thing I continue to have really success with is the pants. I have given most of my leggings away now as I just wasn’t wearing them.

I agree that there is almost a cult like atmosphere to these groups. It’s the same in Popsy Friends and Frocks - complete madness and very easy to get consumed by it. Popsy is another company that pumps out product after product, making you think you must have the newest dress etc. They also claim to be size inclusive but only go up to a 22.

Reactions: 4
Pleased to have found this thread! I got sucked into the LLL world last year. Bought too many pairs both new and preloved. The fabric and sizing is truly awful. The only thing I continue to have really success with is the pants. I have given most of my leggings away now as I just wasn’t wearing them.

I agree that there is almost a cult like atmosphere to these groups. It’s the same in Popsy Friends and Frocks - complete madness and very easy to get consumed by it. Popsy is another company that pumps out product after product, making you think you must have the newest dress etc. They also claim to be size inclusive but only go up to a 22.
Don’t get me started on these Popsy folks! £36 for a disposable frock. I say disposable due to the fact they seem to be one wash wonders. They go so bobbly and look 30 washes deep after one wear! Them and LLL have the same childish ideas regarding prints and the same expensive price tags for market value items!
I was sucked right in by both brands! Hundreds of pounds blown on nothing but cheap tat. I am ashamed of my actions 🤣

Reactions: 2
Don’t get me started on these Popsy folks! £36 for a disposable frock. I say disposable due to the fact they seem to be one wash wonders. They go so bobbly and look 30 washes deep after one wear! Them and LLL have the same childish ideas regarding prints and the same expensive price tags for market value items!
I was sucked right in by both brands! Hundreds of pounds blown on nothing but cheap tat. I am ashamed of my actions 🤣
I'm so glad you said about the Popsy dresses bobbling after first wash, means it wasn't just my washing! All the stitching on mine seemed to come apart too.

I'm so glad you said about the Popsy dresses bobbling after first wash, means it wasn't just my washing! All the stitching on mine seemed to come apart too.
Oh no, it’s definitely not your washing! I bought 5 of them in one go and every single one did this after a wash. I couldn’t believe it. I got a really crappy response when I complained too and got the whole “you didn’t wash them inside out then”. I did! Everyone of them were washed following their own wash instructions. My brand new dresses looked like I’d had them for decades, not a week! Terrible! The cult around them is ridiculous too, all fighting for the newest designs, surely these followers of fashion have indeed, washed their frocks by now. Surely they know what we know! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 1
So glad I found these threads, I feel an idiot for buying so much and also that Lucy has donated swimsuits to parttimeworkingmummy. They were supposed to go to a charity, not an instagram scammer. Going to be busy over the weekend reading all the posts here.

03E5B098-2B39-4292-9087-8A8F20AC8AAF.jpeg

Attachments

Oh no, it’s definitely not your washing! I bought 5 of them in one go and every single one did this after a wash. I couldn’t believe it. I got a really crappy response when I complained too and got the whole “you didn’t wash them inside out then”. I did! Everyone of them were washed following their own wash instructions. My brand new dresses looked like I’d had them for decades, not a week! Terrible! The cult around them is ridiculous too, all fighting for the newest designs, surely these followers of fashion have indeed, washed their frocks by now. Surely they know what we know! 🤦🏼‍♀️
there’s a popsy thread on here in case you didn’t know although doesn’t get much attention. For me it was the quality and you’ve both mentioned, the designs that were the same as the childrens - I don’t want the same dress as a child (sorry 🙈) and they are just frumpy designs. Cherish is really young but honestly those dresses age her and swamp her figure. Oh yes and I forgot the sizing a size 8 is more like a 10/12. Ego boosting sizing that feeds into the popsy cult.

Reactions: 3
there’s a popsy thread on here in case you didn’t know although doesn’t get much attention. For me it was the quality and you’ve both mentioned, the designs that were the same as the childrens - I don’t want the same dress as a child (sorry 🙈) and they are just frumpy designs. Cherish is really young but honestly those dresses age her and swamp her figure. Oh yes and I forgot the sizing a size 8 is more like a 10/12. Ego boosting sizing that feeds into the popsy cult.
Popsy sizes are definitely vanity sizing. I have to get a size 8 and I haven’t been a real 8 in years. I don’t mind some of the designs, but I tend to go for florals. I’ll probably keep buying them because my hands are screwed, so stretchy is easier and because I’m short and like that they alter the dresses to the length you want.
One thing that bugs me though is that they like to try and come across as an ethical brand yet do the weekly reveal and hype that leads to people spending what they can’t afford. I’ve seen multiple posts in the pre-loved section with women saying they have a car to fix or a vet bill etc.

I’ll still continue to follow LLL& Popsy though cos I nosy and LLL is like a mini soap-opera sometimes 🤣

It’s all kicking off over on the Lockets Galore page on Facebook! People aren’t happy with the quality of the new releases after all the hype once again

I've seen a lot of comments about the poor quality of the new releases and them going white with patches! 🙄 I'm not sure how Lucy will deal with it as she is on holiday (again) sharing/gloating too much (again)

I’ve had to unfollow on Insta! I realised a while back I was buying overpriced bad quality leggings and only have a couple of pairs now but the constant switch between gloating and moaning was just too much. Business can’t be great given the constant sales and ‘freebies’ as incentives to buy.

I’ve had to unfollow on Insta! I realised a while back I was buying overpriced bad quality leggings and only have a couple of pairs now but the constant switch between gloating and moaning was just too much. Business can’t be great given the constant sales and ‘freebies’ as incentives to buy.
I often wonder that about the promotions but they do seem to be doing OK as a business.
I rarely use insta but the posts on the Facebook are just odd. Never known a business page to treat it like a personal page like Lucy does. I actually think she is deeply unhappy and trying to convince herself otherwise. I don’t believe her body ‘positivity’ posts, sounds like she is trying to convince herself rather than anyone else tbh but then in between are those look where I am, look I’m on holiday again ones 🙄

Reactions: 3
I rarely use insta but the posts on the Facebook are just odd. Never known a business page to treat it like a personal page like Lucy does.
I know what you mean...I thought the whole reason she set up the 'processco and pushups' page was to post her personal stuff there, leaving the business page for business..
I've not bought any in over a year, but stay on the page because I'm nosy..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.