Lucy Locket Loves #5 Camel Toes & FOMO Woes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here. Too much over sharing on LOLA. I don't need your life story when I am looking for leggings and a bit of a laugh. Get a grip

Reactions: 11
Here. Too much over sharing on LOLA. I don't need your life story when I am looking for leggings and a bit of a laugh. Get a grip
Yeah, looks like the inevitable has happened and the regular 'lockets' have joined LOLA and are now offended

Reactions: 6
Thought I'd better actually say hello ... I've been lurking here for a week or so and been catching up with previous threads.. my god is it eye opening and strange 😳
Unfortunately I got totally sucked in at the beginning and bought a shed load. Most on sale, some at full price where they used to only do one big release. To start with they were great, fit my big calves where other leggings didn't.
But the camel toes got worse, the fomo tactics are icky and the constant moaning/bragging just got too much. I've not bought anything since about Jan 2020 and since sold everything as the waistbands made me look like I was pregnant (am a size 12 but they gave me a definite 'bulges' where there isn't any)
I'm so embarrassed I got sucked in to it all but thank god I'm not alone 🙈

Reactions: 9
Thought I'd better actually say hello ... I've been lurking here for a week or so and been catching up with previous threads.. my god is it eye opening and strange 😳
Unfortunately I got totally sucked in at the beginning and bought a shed load. Most on sale, some at full price where they used to only do one big release. To start with they were great, fit my big calves where other leggings didn't.
But the camel toes got worse, the fomo tactics are icky and the constant moaning/bragging just got too much. I've not bought anything since about Jan 2020 and since sold everything as the waistbands made me look like I was pregnant (am a size 12 but they gave me a definite 'bulges' where there isn't any)
you have found your people. Take a seat and welcome

Reactions: 9
Welcome! Don't worry, most of us here had the same experience 😖

I think it's fun offending the lickys over on lola 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just hope that all the people who are now royally pissed off with LLL and their cheap 💩review it on TP. More honest reviews are needed. So glad I found this thread. I’ve ordered from BYHP and Kukubird - not the bloody cheetah jeggings though!! 😂🤮
Much better quality and don’t make your foof whistle when you fart!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just hope that all the people who are now royally pissed off with LLL and their cheap 💩review it on TP. More honest reviews are needed. So glad I found this thread. I’ve ordered from BYHP and Kukubird - not the bloody cheetah jeggings though!! 😂🤮
Much better quality and don’t make your foof whistle when you fart!
That last line 😭😭😭

I've been ordering from Carolina Dress Room recently, I love their prints

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I also got a little sucked in. I bought 2 pairs of casuals in the sale first of all last March, and then I got 2 actives. These were my first ever activewear leggings from any brand, so I didn't realise how tit they were! I proceeded to get a lucky dip pair for £10, which was half refunded due to stitching issues, and another pair of actives (where I realised the material was thinner)... I got a sale pair of lounge wear too which, controversially, I actually really like!

In November I got a few sales for my very small Etsy store from their small business weekend threads so I was very pleased about that. Made me think that LLL cared about small businesses... lol, how naive I was.

In December, I bought one if their secret santa bags and was actually happy as I liked pattern of leggings I got, and also got another pair of lounge wear. I then realised the actives were made from uttely tit material, not like the first pairs I got at all... My opinion started to slip.

The moment I woke up and "saw the light" was when I received the "Free Gift" you could order some time before Christmas, for £3.60 (postage cost apparently) or for actual free if you spent over £15. I ordered 2 - one for me, one for a friend. Guess what I got? 2 crappy, cheap beach signs and a tit pen that didn't actually work [see attached image!]. Can't believe I spent £7.20 on two of these. That's when I was like, wow, what a rip off! Luckily I managed to swap one of them for a vegan cook book for my friend, and sold the other one on Galore for the cost of postage (idk why the duck the person wanted it!)

I found tattle (thread 2) when I was looking for reviews, and that's when I made my decision that I didn't want to spend any more money on their tit! In the middle of selling all the activewear leggings on ebay.

A friend then bought me a pair of lounge wear for Christmas. I was happy, because it meant I got another pair of loungewear without giving my hard earned money to Lucy. That'll be my last LLL item as I've now told that friend about their bad practice and she agrees with us now.

Must have spent nearly £200 including postage. Luckily I recouped about £90 of that from sales on Etsy from small business weekends, and have recouped £30 from selling 2 pairs so far. I still have 2 unused actives to sell so hopefully I recoup a bit more through that.... Fingers crossed. Can't believe I got so sucked in. Luckily I have worked from home last year and saved a lot of money on commute so I'm not money down overall! I'd be feeling even more stupid if I had spent money I didn't have.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I was an early locket fan, I have some of the first things she did when it was just her from home.
The oversharing/boasting/crying/FOMO/send us food as we are working so hard annoyed me, the group becoming pointless and rarely about fitness and NLR/powered by lockets, and people sharing pictures of large amounts of ‘limited/won’t be restocked’ legging in messy houses with children in a massive group.
Then I ordered more active same size only to find they were tight and obscene! I received a curt/rude reply when I dared to question had stuff changed.

I have watched and looked around and realised she was no longer interested in quality and looking after people, only making vast amounts of money for cheap leggings.

I hate the way she gets the vulnerable and people who should not be buying her crap to do so by underhand selling methods. They should be using the money for basic living things, no leggings and sending Licky gifts/cards and food.

I could rant for ages as I hate the tin bath, prosecco swilling monster money has made her !

Reactions: 12
I was an early locket fan, I have some of the first things she did when it was just her from home.
The oversharing/boasting/crying/FOMO/send us food as we are working so hard annoyed me, the group becoming pointless and rarely about fitness and NLR/powered by lockets, and people sharing pictures of large amounts of ‘limited/won’t be restocked’ legging in messy houses with children in a massive group.
Then I ordered more active same size only to find they were tight and obscene! I received a curt/rude reply when I dared to question had stuff changed.

I have watched and looked around and realised she was no longer interested in quality and looking after people, only making vast amounts of money for cheap leggings.

I hate the way she gets the vulnerable and people who should not be buying her crap to do so by underhand selling methods. They should be using the money for basic living things, no leggings and sending Licky gifts/cards and food.

I could rant for ages as I hate the tin bath, prosecco swilling monster money has made her !
It definitely didn't start out like that though, or did it and we just didn't see it? 😩🤔

Reactions: 2
I got sucked in years ago when she was crying on another group because of another woman copying her leggings designs. I thought aww bless I'll follow her page and join her group. At the time she only had about 12k followers on fb and 1k in her group. Then there was more crying about people bullying her because of her weight and skin condition. I thought aww I'll buy some leggings. Then more crying because of bullying that leggings are out of stock. Any question on the group got hounded with replies 'think about Lucy's mental health!!!' We got shouted at 'NO LINKS, NO LINKS, STOP TRYING TO SELL YOUR MAGIC BEANS!!' But then we got told 'please buy from my friends MLM and my gusto link, oh and here's my spectacular lounge, I have a cleaner, I'm staying in bed today email my dad, I've got my period, I'm going to florida for a month, here's a discount code!' AAAAAGGHHHH 😱 I thought duck this and left.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Can anyone find the 2020 turnover for LLL? Or is it not available til the 2021 financial year starts in April?

Reactions: 4
That last line 😭😭😭

I've been ordering from Carolina Dress Room recently, I love their prints
Dont get me started on than wench 😂😂

Can anyone find the 2020 turnover for LLL? Or is it not available til the 2021 financial year starts in April?
Companies house will publish, once updated, think they were given a little longer to get them in.

Are we not having a recap 😂 or shall we just divert em to TP. Plus dont 4get to invite me to any group ANTI TIN BATH lickys

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.