Lucy Letby Case #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, but I think the machine used could only record a maximum reading of 500.
The baby’s reading reached that level but who knows how much higher it could have been?
Oops! Am I wrong on that? Might have to re-read the wiki.
Sorry I mean the blood and cpeptide level, the same readings as this baby?

Reactions: 1
I’m presuming a fluid prescription chart, with 2 nurses signatures, should have been used for the stock bag?
It obviously hasn’t been done or we’d know for sure.

Sorry I mean the blood and cpeptide level, the same readings as this baby?
Yes, the blood and c-peptide were grossly abnormal. I think some blood had been stored for this baby, for another purpose, but hadn’t been discarded so an insulin test was done retrospectively.
ADE105FD-7218-453D-B7CF-52E1983C4A80.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
For anyone bored over the weekend, I'm enjoying this novel about medical murders in a London hospital.
Screenshot_20221126-182656.png
Only 20 per cent through it. It's by a former doctor and feels almost like a true crime book rather than fiction.

Reactions: 8
Fellas, all this bag stuff has left me completely bamboozled! I do not understand who did/didnt do what at what time, hope to god the jury arent as baffled as I am!
Me too....i agree , hope jury have more clear info or looks like she will get away with this one.. but, as I say, I'm lost, so I could be wrong!
If the confusion persists with the second bag, I don't see how they can say its her ( even though I think it is )

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m so confused as to how insulin levels could continue to be high / glucose levels low just from contaminated lines if the bag had been replaced. Or; are they saying that the insulin levels potentially had been much higher, but when the blood was drawn it was 4,765? Can someone survive levels higher than that?!
BA killed babies with insulin at levels of 47,000 odd so depends, I’d say lucy didn’t want to initially kill the baby But cause a drama to then go on tokill them

• Sad
How long til someone from FB does one of those angel wings edits of Lucy?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It looks like there was a prescription for three bags..!?

E9F630D1-06A5-41DF-AB7E-8EE90C3722F2.jpeg
38FA9250-7D39-4E5F-8AB7-4F5EA6EE886F.jpeg
Baby L was also given insulin through a dextrose bag feed which was prepared by Letby. Her explanation was it must have been in one of the bags already being received.

I think we should hear from the pharmacists?

B997FF7B-7761-4EC2-8C17-97CFFBF1E050.jpeg
I’m confused but I think they had a stock of 3-4 bags for baby f.

Last edited:

View attachment 1762918View attachment 1762919Baby L was also given insulin through a dextrose bag feed which was prepared by Letby. Her explanation was it must have been in one of the bags already being received.

View attachment 1762935I’m confused but I think they had a stock of 3-4 bags for baby f.
I agree we need to hear from the pharmacists. Is it possible they were contaminated there? I did mention this before.

Reactions: 1
Are people now saying insulin was put in the bag in an aseptic unit? We’re going round in circles here

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1762918View attachment 1762919Baby L was also given insulin through a dextrose bag feed which was prepared by Letby. Her explanation was it must have been in one of the bags already being received.

View attachment 1762935I’m confused but I think they had a stock of 3-4 bags for baby f.
I don’t think that’s the case. It sound like there were prescriptions for 3 48 hour bags but only one (bag 1) was made up.
As the TPN bags have a shelf life of 48hrs they would be made up as necessary using the already written prescriptions.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree we need to hear from the pharmacists. Is it possible they were contaminated there? I did mention this before.
Unlikely given the same thing happened to another baby months later, who was also a twin (baby L and M), whose twin is also alleged to have been had an air embolus like baby E. What are the statistical chances of the pharmacy, accidentally or deliberately, poisoning another baby with those same circumstances as baby F?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Re reading this, I think the bag LL put up at 00.35 was stopped being given by central line and just changed to peripheral line as req by docs on the morning shift. Then because of changes to baby F condition. A new bespoke bag started at 4pm.

Who knows? We need someone on the inside to give us more tea on what's being said in court room rather than us all speculating.

Edit to add,how do we know that bag number 1 wasn't started on central line at 00.35, moved to peripheral line in morning, all fluids stopped at 11am while new long line put in and that same bag reattached via long line til 4om and new bag started?

Reactions: 6

Well that clears that up then she could have quite easily contaminated all three bags for baby f at once ! Thanks candyland

BA killed babies with insulin at levels of 47,000 odd so depends, I’d say lucy didn’t want to initially kill the baby But cause a drama to then go on tokill them
BA give the insulin poisoned child a massive dose by a single injection.
Baby F had a continuous infusion over a long period.
I think LL did intend to kill in the insulin cases.

I don’t think that’s the case. It sound like there were prescriptions for 3 48 hour bags but only one (bag 1) was made up.
As the TPN bags have a shelf life of 48hrs they would be made up as necessary using the already written prescriptions.
Ahh right okay 👍 ffs thought we’d cracked it 😅😩

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Even if a stock bag was used at 12pm, is it really that far fetched to think Lucy could have tampered with it before she left for her shift? (Given we know someone definitely poisoned that baby so would be that way inclined).

How are the bags stored in the fridge and what is stock rotation like as I assume they have expiry dates? She could have taken a guess they may use a stock bag with baby F as she would know he would be unwell from the original bag and doctors would be doing different treatments, so tampered with the one in the fridge that would most likely to be used next. If they didn’t use it for baby F then it would have been used on another baby instead and maybe she would have just had another victim.

In the context of knowing someone on the ward was deliberately harming babies I don’t think it sounds that far fetched

Reactions: 13
Are people now saying insulin was put in the bag in an aseptic unit? We’re going round in circles here
I really don’t think that would be the case. It would be an aseptic TPN facility so why would insulin be there? As it is not used in the unit it would have to be maliciously introduced.
A dextrose bag, used in the second poisoning, would be a standard bag which would not have come via the aseptic pharmacy (as far as I know). Supplying contaminated stock to only 1 unit in the entire hospital?
What are the chances of 2 independent insulin poisoners being on the loose at the same time?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.