Lucy Jane Wood

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every major organisation is distancing itself from
Mermaids (Stonewall, Starbucks, NHS, Childline, local authorities) today. Celebrities deleting tweets in support of them. Something major and bad looks to have happened.

I hope you read this, Lucy. You need to look into this as your post is still up when others are running for the hills.

Above all, you need question why you ever decided activists playing politics with children was the right thing to support.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I kind of get the impression that Lucy is over youtube. The way that she has marketed/presented her new business venture reads to me as someone who wants to focus on that, rather than use it as 'merch'. She's admitted she's been a bit lost since she stopped doing 'average girl' stuff, and the bulk of her content has been doing up the house, which really is almost done. It would be a shame, as I do really like her, but she prioritised her mental health in shifting the focus of her channel, and if she's now realised that maybe she wants to do something else, then good on her.

Reactions: 4
Who would buy that stuff if they weren't a subscriber of her youtube stuff? How could it be a business if it wasn't merch??

I think she could be good on a podcast.

Reactions: 2
Who would buy that stuff if they weren't a subscriber of her youtube stuff? How could it be a business if it wasn't merch??

It isn’t merch though. Yes her subscribers will be her main customers but the products also market towards people who may have never watched her YouTube videos too

Reactions: 3

Agree re the merch. With so, so many options as a consumer, what idiot is going to pay so much for a pin ‘made’ by someone they don’t know?

Sorta disagree re podcast. Just more time for her to slate her appearance and say ‘am I right gurllls’

Reactions: 4
It isn’t merch though. Yes her subscribers will be her main customers but the products also market towards people who may have never watched her YouTube videos too
Would anyone not a subscriber buy it. It is expensive and people can't really make a living when there are so many other etsy types selling the same stuff.

Reactions: 2
Is anyone in the know about the current ASA guidelines, can they still get away with just putting AD in the thumbnail? Or does it have to be in the title?

Reactions: 1
Another ad on insta... She's not posting anything interesting anymore, seriously 🙄 I subscribed to her because she seemed authentic, funny, relatable, and right now it's like she just did her thing, is done with youtube and wants to gain money from ads...

Reactions: 6
Another ad on insta... She's not posting anything interesting anymore, seriously 🙄 I subscribed to her because she seemed authentic, funny, relatable, and right now it's like she just did her thing, is done with youtube and wants to gain money from ads...
It's almost like she's bought the house now so she doesn't have to try any more. I get the mental health side of things but she did let it go on for a bit so clearly having enough ££ to buy a house was more important than her health which is just sad.

Reactions: 5
Is anyone in the know about the current ASA guidelines, can they still get away with just putting AD in the thumbnail? Or does it have to be in the title?
page 8 here https://www.asa.org.uk/uploads/asse...68ff18277299/INFLUENCERGuidanceupdatev6HR.pdf "How should I present this?" says it can be in a thumbnail or a title. So she's not breaking any rules (but then again I think the rules are actually pretty vauge, I've seen youtubers recently not put AD in the tumbnail or the title)

It's almost like she's bought the house now so she doesn't have to try any more. I get the mental health side of things but she did let it go on for a bit so clearly having enough ££ to buy a house was more important than her health which is just sad.
I can understand that though. If she could see an end to the videos, but hammered through a bunch for enough for her deposit. It’s like a lot of people that work a job they don’t enjoy at all, rubbish hours but have to to save or make ends meet. I think almost all her comments I saw were kind or positive with regards to her body in the videos.

I’m a bit disappointed she no longer posts any kind of clothing videos amongst the vlogs. It also seems half of her vlogs are just so she can lever an ad in for something. I like her vlogs and videos and I like her, but you’re right it seems like she doesn’t care for YouTube so much anymore.

Reactions: 7
Which is probably why she's venturing into a side business that isn't merch-y imo. In her video, I got the idea that she's growing out of Youtube a little bit. I don't see her leaving the social media completely, the effort/income ratio is ridiculously beneficial but at this rate, I don't really see her being too active on her channel apart from milking the ads.

Reactions: 6
Which is probably why she's venturing into a side business that isn't merch-y imo. In her video, I got the idea that she's growing out of Youtube a little bit. I don't see her leaving the social media completely, the effort/income ratio is ridiculously beneficial but at this rate, I don't really see her being too active on her channel apart from milking the ads.
But she could change her content to suit her. People would watch her, whatever she'd do. I'd watch still her. I really enjoyed the home content throughout the lockdown (I mean fair enough, we have had some heated discussions here but I still watched every single home/crafts vlog). I thing she underestimates her audience.

Also, the TV she got gifted is something like 1800 quid! Bloody hell. No wonder she's so chuffed. Not many people can afford such expensive tv, not even her, by the sound of it. We bought our current a few years back, fair enough it's also 55 inch and quite thin (not as skinny as Lucy's) and it was nearly £600 on a half price sale! I just started a new job at the time so it was OK to spend that much and I wouldn't spend a penny more. However, in current economy, I couldn't even afford £600, not to even mention 3x as much :eek:

Reactions: 8
I enjoy Lucy and her videos but I agree it'd be easy for her to change up her content.

I don't understand why she carried on with the clothing videos if it affected her so much? Surely if it was that bad she wouldn't put herself through for the sake of a mortgage?

The thing that makes me not want to click her videos so much anymore as she only seems to upload when there's an AD in it. She doesn't do videos for people to enjoy, it's just to line her pocket.

Reactions: 3
I hope she keeps up with some YouTube content. I find her videos quite relaxed and chatty and I like her authenticity.
I think it’s right for her to move away from the average sized clothes hauls and self deprecating stuff though because I can imagine it has/had a negative impact on not just herself but her viewers too.
Book reviews, baking, Adam’s cooking, interior design, Harry Potter, and Disney. Lots of options for her channel to progress.

Reactions: 9
Shes such a sweetheart and does have a natural, comedic and harmless manner about her which is endearing. I do think the only-posting-when-theres-something-to-shill makes it a little less community authentic though. Viewers get sick of that real quick as it makes you feel almost used for £££.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone know the general area they live in? Just curious as she said it’s zone 2 so can’t have been cheap?