Lucie and the bump

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm no fan of Lucie by any stretch of the imagination but I actually admire her for being so open about her choice in formula feeding her baby. Women shouldn't be shamed or looked down upon if they don't even try to breast feed and formula feed from the get go. It isn't for everyone. Science has proven breast is more nutrionally better for baby but what about all the other factors like mum's mental wellbeing etc...?

Reactions: 16
I'm no fan of Lucie by any stretch of the imagination but I actually admire her for being so open about her choice in formula feeding her baby. Women shouldn't be shamed or looked down upon if they don't even try to breast feed and formula feed from the get go. It isn't for everyone. Science has proven breast is more nutrionally better for baby but what about all the other factors like mum's mental wellbeing etc...?
My mental health was much much worse when I FF. I had PND. I hated myself. I couldn't sleep, I didnt want to be with him.
When I had my 2nd and I BF I was like a different mother, I had confidence and I thrived and so did he.

So in my experience. Giving my son what I felt in my mind was the better option for him, made me much better as a mother, a wife and a person! Maybe we shouldn't focus on wellbeing of mothers who do BF and see it as a negative

Reactions: 2
I wasn't suggesting if one breastfeeds it affects the mother's wellbeing negatively. I'm not very good at explaining things, maths is more my strong point 😂 Was just trying to point out that breast is nurtionally better but there are so many more factors to take into consideration.

I agree. It is a personal choice. And it absolutely doesn't work for everyone. I tried and couldn't with my first, with my second I did it for 18m
Scientific research shows breastfeeding is best. I absolutely dont want to get into that argument, fed is fantastic, BF is best.
My comparison is sausage and chips to a homemade roast dinner full of veg. Sausage and chips is still a way of feeding, and it's good because it stops hunger and malnutrition. But being honest, the veg is perfect!
Anyway! Knowing all that, why they dont want to try and give their babies the absolute best is beyond me.
This is so 😬. Would rather my baby was fed sausage and chips with bleeping salt and vinegar and all the sugary crappy ketchup than never fed at all. Dreadful comparison. And I have both formula fed and breastfed. No one should judge, ever. Not your baby/boobs/life? Not your problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Totally. I didn't want to try breast feeding eith my second, it shouldn't be something I feel ashamed to admit or talk about, but some conversations can make me feel like that.

I fed my daughter and she is thriving. Not sure I agree with the comparison between sausage and chips and a vegetable rich meal. Somehow implying formula fed parents chose to neglect their babys needs and deprive them of something.

That comparison has made me feel crap tbh 😕
I also didn’t breastfeed for various reasons. Please don’t let the comparison make you feel crap. Put that person in a room of 20 kids and guarantee she will NOT be able to point out who was bottle and who was breastfed ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry this whole breast feeding debate is bloody boring.... who actually cares! If Lucie wants to bottle feed then let her, her baby her choice!

I'm not Lucie's biggest fan by any means but does it really matter??
Agree, it's ridiculous. I don't intend to attempt breastfeeding my 2nd in a few months time and I don't have to explain why, neither does Lucie (or anyone for that matter). Feed your baby how you want to. I personally don't care, and don't understand why other people seem to take such a vested and judgemental interest in how other people choose to feed their babies. If a child is fed, loved and well looked-after then there is nothing to argue about.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of Lucie or Meldrum, I think good on them for not feeling like they have to explain or justify it.

As someone said previously, this endless debate has bored me since I had my first 4 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Ok maybe my comparison was wrong and I apologise. I was trying to show the point that it's not neglect by FF and it's still nutrition but obviously I've gone the wrong way about it.

As I said I have FF and felt like tit for it myself so obviously theres issues engrained there for me and offloading them onto others doesnt help at all.

So I am sorry for that stupid comment

Can I bring it back to Lucie and ask a genuine question though. I do not want to bring the debate back and I dont want to make anyone feel like tit.

Advertising baby formula at stage 1 is unlawful. Manufacturers cannot do it, shops cannot do it. That's fact

So is it therefore acceptable for her to advertise is, because let's be honest their whole channels are ads so it becomes anything they show is an ad!!
So not to "influence" should they not have to remove that from view?

This could technically be a loophole in the advertising industry for manufacturers to advertise without it being obvious that's what they're doing?
I think that's a bit pedantic to be honest. She's not been gifted it (as you've rightly said the companies wouldn't be allowed to do this) and she's not aff-linking it (that would be unacceptable) therefore not an ad. Having something in view in a picture doesn't automatically make it a marketing activity.

Maybe it’s just me... I couldn’t care less how someone feeds their baby.... hate how high and mighty people get.

Reactions: 4
Wow did we nearly get through a whole week without a moan - she really is dramatic isn’t she

Reactions: 1
Both of my children were August babies so I get the whole being hot and being tired thing when heavily pregnant but honestly, you’d think she’s the first woman to ever get pregnant.

As for the moaning about “workkkk” 🙄 I just can’t! How privileged is she to be able to work from home, earn a decent income whilst pregnant, not fear redundancy after maternity AND it’s actually just prancing about in front of a camera or editing a few videos!! She’s so delusional and detached from actual life it’s shocking!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Both of my children were August babies so I get the whole being hot and being tired thing when heavily pregnant but honestly, you’d think she’s the first woman to ever get pregnant.

As for the moaning about “workkkk” 🙄 I just can’t! How privileged is she to be able to work from home, earn a decent income whilst pregnant, not fear redundancy after maternity AND it’s actually just prancing about in front of a camera or editing a few videos!! She’s so delusional and detached from actual life it’s shocking!
So well said. Mine are August and September babies and I worked right until the end to get as much time off at the end. She needs to zip it and be thankful she can stay at home and do her prancing! So unrelatable to ordinary working mums.

Reactions: 3
There aren’t many professions where a woman will earn MORE for having a baby. Most will have to go part time or spend an absolute fortune on childcare...if they’re lucky! New mums are an easy pick for redundancies. She really needs to recognise her privilege and stop moaning.....not to mention ALLLLLL of the ‘just stuff’ that new parents need to buy that she’ll be gifted FOR FREE!

So sorry you had to have an internal scan Lucie...for free...in a clean safe hospital...just in case! So many women in dire life/death situations have no access to any health care and she’s still getting “just in case” health care in a global health pandemic. WE ARE SO LUCKY! Sorry that you can’t go and get your eyebrows done though. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So sorry you had to have an internal scan Lucie...for free...in a clean safe hospital...just in case! So many women in dire life/death situations have no access to any health care and she’s still getting “just in case” health care in a global health pandemic. WE ARE SO LUCKY! Sorry that you can’t go and get your eyebrows done though. 🙄
This is such a smart point I had completely missed. With everything going on in Beirut right now she couldn’t seem more privileged if she tried!!! This makes you really see things clearly

• Sad
I wonder if they ever read here and think “wow you know what, I AM a massive dick head” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
How ironic that Lucie shares a quote about consumerism and how you already have everything you need. Very next stories affiliated link to a dress she has been wearing. They just don't get it 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Her friends are exactly the type of people I’d expect her to be friends with!!! Bet she was a mean girl at school

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.