Lucie and the bump

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
its the so many people asking so I've added a swipe up.....its becoming an influencer tag line!

Reactions: 2
Harry wanted to show you all his new T-shirt? Oh duck off Lucie, as if a 6 year old asked her to post a picture of him in his new T-shirt on her Instagram

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wow, not sure how I’ve managed the past 15 years of internet shopping without the kindness of influencers and their aff links 🙄
I can’t believe she said this it ‘took me so long to do it so please shop through my links!!’ Piss off get a proper job love so you don’t have to beg people to shop through your links to earn money!!! What a dick!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t understand why she didn’t stay at her job in order to get maternity pay and then leave afterwards.
It makes far more financial sense to carry on, take mat leave as early as she can, and then not go back.
(Might have meant fewer bloody #Aff links 🙄)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can’t believe she said this it ‘took me so long to do it so please shop through my links!!’ Piss off get a proper job love so you don’t have to beg people to shop through your links to earn money!!! What a dick!!!!!!
Such a dick this girl!

She’s moaning about the restrictions coming back! It’s because of people like her that have been acting as if the virus has disappeared!!

Reactions: 19
She’s moaning about the restrictions coming back! It’s because of people like her that have been acting as if the virus has disappeared!!
Exactly what I was going to say!! They’re all happy off here there and everywhere the second they could and like we all said this is what would happen! Sorry Lucy but if you had urged people to be more careful rather than off flouncing round Ikea and the beach then more would follow! Hope your beach holiday and shopping trips were worth it when you’re locked down with a newborn, a bored 6 year old and only your happy husband for help!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well done Lucie 👏👏 You win the award for first influencer to start moaning about the return of restrictions.
I remember at the time the public health England deputy advising don't rip the pants out of lifting restrictions. Lucie not only did all of the already mentioned shopping trips and beach days (not forgetting friends in her garden not socially distancing and jumping on her trampoline) she filmed and shared with all her followers who stupidly think if a pregnant influencer is doing it why shouldn't I. Have a large enough following that will be a lot of people heading to the beach and IKEA.
I really feel for pregnant women about to give birth in a couple of months but have no sympathy for the Lucies of this world who want to be carry on as normal but then complain if they end up giving birth alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well done Lucie 👏👏 You win the award for first influencer to start moaning about the return of restrictions.
I remember at the time the public health England deputy advising don't rip the pants out of lifting restrictions. Lucie not only did all of the already mentioned shopping trips and beach days (not forgetting friends in her garden not socially distancing and jumping on her trampoline) she filmed and shared with all her followers who stupidly think if a pregnant influencer is doing it why shouldn't I. Have a large enough following that will be a lot of people heading to the beach and IKEA.
I really feel for pregnant women about to give birth in a couple of months but have no sympathy for the Lucies of this world who want to be carry on as normal but then complain if they end up giving birth alone.
Well said 👏👏

She’ll be making such a big fuss if she has to give birth alone and not have visitors around to help.

There’s something very disingenuous about her..I can’t put my finger on it...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I want to be very careful how I say this, as I know it’s a personal decision and “fed is best”, but I’m slightly surprised Lucie isn’t at least going to give breast feeding a try.
She seems like she’s trying to come off as the Mother Earth type, so it was a shock to see all the tins of formula.
(I say that as someone who didn’t manage to breast feed all of my children)

Reactions: 5
I want to be very careful how I say this, as I know it’s a personal decision and “fed is best”, but I’m slightly surprised Lucie isn’t at least going to give breast feeding a try.
She seems like she’s trying to come off as the Mother Earth type, so it was a shock to see all the tins of formula.
(I say that as someone who didn’t manage to breast feed all of my children)
You put it well. Meldrum was the same. Didn't even try with any of hers. I had a really really tough time BFing but wanted to try it.

Reactions: 1
And Louise Pentland!! Why not just try and have one bottle of pre made formula in the house for just incase 2am nightmares. That’s what I did with my first and will be doing with my second

Reactions: 1
Comparing formula to sausage and chips 😶

You can’t really say ‘I don’t want to get into that argument’ and then say something like that.

Everyone knows breast milk is nutritionally best. Literally everyone. There’s no need to have it explained and comparisons made that might make people feel crap. Choice is choice.

I thought (hoped!) Tattle would be a safe haven from this conversation. It’s been boring me since the moment I had my first child.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Comparing formula to sausage and chips 😶

You can’t really say ‘I don’t want to get into that argument’ and then say something like that.

Everyone knows breast milk is nutritionally best. Literally everyone. There’s no need to have it explained and comparisons made that might make people feel crap. Choice is choice.

I thought (hoped!) Tattle would be a safe haven from this conversation. It’s been boring me since the moment I had my first child.
Totally. I didn't want to try breast feeding eith my second, it shouldn't be something I feel ashamed to admit or talk about, but some conversations can make me feel like that.

I fed my daughter and she is thriving. Not sure I agree with the comparison between sausage and chips and a vegetable rich meal. Somehow implying formula fed parents chose to neglect their babys needs and deprive them of something.

That comparison has made me feel crap tbh 😕

• Sad
Bottom line is we all know breastfeeding is best for the baby. Science is science. Breastfeeding isn’t always best for the mother or family as a whole. Sometimes the well-being of the family and mother is (and rightly so) a higher priority. It’s not like the alternative, formula feeding, is bad or has negative consequences...it’s just not AS good. How lucky are we even to have such a choice! Don’t feel bad for whatever decision you made, it’s clear that it was made for the right reasons.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.